1928 Brown Boat Building CO Cat boat
BLUE GOOSE is a classic 1928 Wooden Catboat that has been completely rebuilt in Chatham, MA by Pease Bros. in 1992. The current owner has spent well over $20k in just the past two year on upgrades. The hull is Cedar planking over oak frames. The engine was just upgraded to a 32hp universal diesel. The mast is sitka spruce recently repainted. and a electric winch was just installed to make raising the main effortless. If you like the looks of a classic and want to turn heads in every harbor you visit, then Blue Goose is a must see.
Starting forward is a enclosed head then the main salon that has pilot berths port and starboard with inboard settees. The galley is aft to starboard with a 2 burner Force 10 propane stove a single stainless steel sink with manual pump and two coolers that are integrated into the galley counter top. Aft to port is the quarter-berth. Aft is the large cockpit with seating for eight.
Single planked Cedar over oak frames fastened with bronze screws. Oak floors with a lead ballast keel and bronze keel bolts. The decks are fir planking caulked and screwed to oak deck beams.
- Icom VHF radio
- Raymarine ST40 depth sounder
- Ritchie compass
- 2 group 27 deep cycle batteries
- 1000watt Xantrex inverter
- 30amp shore power
- Vetus electric winch in cockpit
- 20 Battery charger
- 25lb Danforth anchor with rode and chain
- 35lb CQR anchor with rode and chain
- Sunbrella deck cover new 2015
- Swim ladder
- Cockpit table
- Cockpit drink holders
- 3 fire ext.
- Cockpit cushions
- Bottom painted summer 2015
Sails and rigging
- 8oz mainsail with 2 reef points
- Jiffy reefing
- New Sunbrella sail cover
- 525 sq ft sail area
- Spruce mast redone last year
- wooden turning blocks
- Electric winch for raising main new 2015