1994 Albin Yachts 28 Tournament Express-Blue Hull
** SOLD **
THE DARK BLUE FLAG BLUE HULL WAS REPAINTED IN 2014 WITH AWLGRIP
The Albin Yacht 28 TE is the forerunner of the Albin Tournament Express series. Designed to satisfy the exacting demands of the offshore and inshore fisherman, the 28 TE also incorporates comforts normally expected for the family weekend on the water. Features appealing to the fisherman include wide side decks, a large cockpit, a recirculating bait well, rod storage racks, a sink with a chopping block, rod holders, salt water wash down and tackle drawers. The forward cabin area has an enclosed marine head and shower, a convertible dinette, and a galley area with stove, refrigerator, microwave and sink. Aft of the galley is a 6’ 6” double berth. Six opening ports and an overhead hatch provide excellent ventilation. With a bow thruster for dock side maneuvering and its unequalled reputation as an off shore-inshore fishing boat, the Albin Yacht 28 TE is a true delight to handle in any weather.
The helm area is elevated and offers excellent 360 degree vision and the array of helm instruments and electronics are all within easy reach. The helm is enclosed with a hardtop, center and opening side windows and an aft curtain can fully enclose the helm and cabin areas. The cockpit is protected buy a blue Sunbrella bimini with a full enclosure. The huge cockpit makes dockside or underway relaxing easy.
Stepping onto the swim platform you enter the cockpit by way of a large port side marlin door. The swim platform offers a centered slide out stainless steel swim ladder. The transom has a built in bait well and large storage/fish locker in the center. The coaming boards are padded and the cockpit aft seats will fold away. The engine compartment is centered in the cockpit and there are port and starboard storage lazarettes. The engine compartment has a removable padded seat. Along the port and starboard sides is built-in rod storage and there are (4) built-in rod holders and overhead rocket launchers for (4) rods. Overhead is a blue Sunbrella bimini supported with stainless steel supports and there is a full enclosure with a roll down forward section to close off the helm area. Port and starboard deck steps make maneuvering the wide side decks easy with complete bow access for easy anchoring and docking. The helm features elevated seating for an excellent panoramic view. Under the guest seat are two storage drawers, outboard storage and a forward chart table while aft and under the helm seat is a tackle center with three drawers, a folding foot rest forward and storage. The helm area is protected with a hard top, sliding side windows and a center opening windshield.
Through a folding door and down one step is the cabin. Immediately to port is a double berth with two opening ports. The galley is forward and features a stainless steel sink, microwave oven, refrigerator, and storage cabinets. Aft is an additional folding counter top. To starboard is the large head with an electric toilet, stainless steel sink and vanity and plenty of storage. The salon features a convertible dinette and high-low table and a “U”-shaped settee which converts into a queen size berth. Under the settee seats is storage and there is a starboard side hanging locker. An overhead hatch allows natural light and ventilation.
Situated along the port side of the main cabin, the galley allows for easy food preparation and will please the onboard chef.
- Stainless steel sink and faucets
- Goldstar microwave oven
- Norcold Tek II refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Glowmaster GM 1300 butane stove top with single burner
- Additional folding countertop aft
- Ample counter top, storage cabinets and drawers
- Cabinet with sliding black acrylic doors
Flag Blue hull was repainted in 2014. Bottom painted in 2014.
- Bow pulpit with stainless steel anchor roller
- Plow anchor with chain rode
- (2) bow lockers for anchor access
- Stainless steel stanchions
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- (6) stainless steel 10” mooring cleats
- Three side hardtop with sliding side windows and opening center wind shield
- Stainless steel hand hold rail on hard top sides
- Sunbrella blue cockpit bimini with full enclosure and stainless steel supports
- Aluminum radar arch above hard top
- Swim platform with folding stainless steel swim ladder
- Transom Marlin fish door on port side
- Fold away aft cockpit seating
- Large cockpit with padded coaming, built-in side rod storage, and sole lazarettes
- Wide, unobstructed side decks with cockpit step port and starboard
- Fresh water transom shower
- Drawer and tackle storage
- Sliding helm seat with swivel
- Raw water wash down in cockpit
- Ritchie compass
- Koden MD-3401 radar with 24 mile radar dome on radar arch
- Garmin GPS Map 4208 color chart plotter
- Standard Horizon Matrix GX3000S VHF radio with DSC
- Robertson AP-2500 autopilot (needs fluxgate compass)
- Lowrance 3500 depth indictor
- Bennett trim tabs
- ACR remote controlled spot light
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power panel
- 30 Amp power cord
- Mermaid air conditioning with electronic control
- 30 Amp battery charger
- 120 volt electrical outlets with GFI protection
- Attwood 6 gallon hot water heater, replaced in 2013
- 12 volt electrical plug and 120 volt outlet at helm
- Stainless steel dual trumpet horn
- (3) Windshield wipers
Large cockpit hatch with gas struts for easy opening
- Hurth transmission
- VETUS bow thruster with new propeller
- Morse single lever stainless steel transmission and engine control
- Volvo KAMD-42B, 225 hp diesel engine with fresh water cooling
- Engine instrumentation with RPM, volts, oil pressure and water temperature
- Sea Star hydraulic steering with tilt steering wheel
- Aquamet 22 stainless steel 1.5” shaft and 3 blade propeller
- Bronze sea cocks and strainers
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
A nice 28 TE with recently repainted Flag Blue hull and full cockpit enclosure. Seller has maintained the boat well and change of plans dictates the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.