1979 Post Marine Convertible
** SOLD **
This boat was a donation given to a local summer camp here in NC. The camp has been using the boat to take youth on fishing and overnight excursions. She is now for sale as the camp has not used her as extensively as they had once hoped.
A solid boat with low hour Detroit engines, the boat does need some minor TLC; however, she is NOT a project boat.
Recent (Feb 2012) bottom paint, running gear painted, new zincs, NEW engine turbo on starboard engine (port was changed in 2010), new teak rub rail were needed with renewed stainless steel rub rail insert, new bow hatches. WOW!
The Original POST 46 was introduced in 1978 as a stretched version of the popular 42. Hull construction is solid fiberglass and her tapered form and low transom deadrise results in a boat quick to accelerate and fast over the water. These boats were known for the quality and the excellent fit and finish of mahogany and teak interior woodwork and joinery. The POST 46 is known for its dependable operation and high production standards and there are many in the sport fishing circles who believe the classic POST profile to be unmatched for beauty and sex appeal. What distinguishes the POST from other sport fisherman is the sensuous and graceful styling, long a POST trademark.
As you walk towards the POST 46 the beauty of the boat becomes apparent. Entering onto the boat and into the cockpit there is a beautiful fighting chair. The cockpit coaming is teak and there is teak trim along the cabin and toerail. The cockpit has two large lazarettes that at one time held fish boxes, but those have been removed leaving access to machinery under the cockpit sole. Along the port side and forward is a wet storage cabinet with drawer storage and a side cabinet. The cabinet has the first two steps to the flybridge mounted on the side. Up the ladder and onto the flybridge the area is covered by aluminum framed stretched bimini. The helm is located in the center of the bridge and slightly aft. There are two Todd helm chairs and behind the chairs is stainless steel railing. The helm is well laid out with an overhead electronics box. Forward and to port is a settee with storage under the cushions and just in front of the helm is a settee with storage under the cushions. The flybridge has additional storage in two forward cabinets. Visibility is excellent from the helm.
Back to the cockpit and up one step (with storage inside) is a sliding door that slides to starboard. The interior has beautiful mahogany and teak wood and trim. The fabrics on the windows are newer and the carpets are dark blue.
Entering the salon you will immediately notice the beautiful mahogany and teak interior. To port is an “L” shaped settee. To starboard are two chairs and a folding table. All the way forward is a large built in cabinet that is floor to overhead and has cabinets for storage, entertainment, and glassware. Along the starboard side is an aluminum railing with teak handle and several steps down to the galley area. Along the port side is a fore and aft facing dinette with removable table that converts into an additional berth. The main galley is forward and along the port side. There are ample countertop spaces, large stainless steel sink, and appliances. To starboard is the entry into the master stateroom with a queen athwartship berth, hanging lockers and drawers, opening ports for ventilation and access into the private head. Back to the galley and further forward is the built in galley, stainless steel refrigerator/freezer and a port and starboard pantry. All the way forward is the guest cabin with upper and lower full size berths against the port bulkhead. The guest cabin has hanging lockers and storage drawers. The guest cabin has a private head as well. The shower is situated between the master and guest heads and is shared with locking privacy doors. Anchor locker access is all the way forward in the guest cabin.
Located down and along the port side, the galley is large and has two pantry closets on the forward port and starboard side. The dinette is forward of the galley and has two large settees with storage under them and a removable varnished teak table.
- Single stainless steel sink with faucet
- Princess 3 burner electric stove with oven
- Overhead fan and light
- Sanyo microwave oven mounted in the forward bulkhead
- Large storage/panty closets port and starboard
- Upper and lower cabinets
- Laminate countertops
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power
- (2) 30 Amp shore power cords with splitter
- Northern Lights 8 kW diesel generator with remote panel
- 20 gallon hot water heater
- Magnavox MWD 7006 DVD player in salon
- Magnavox 15” flat screen TV in salon
- Markel electric heater in salon
Electronics and Helm
- Danforth Constellation compass
- Furuno LS 6000 LCD Sounder
- Garmin GPS Map 225
- Guest remote control for stainless steel spotlight
- Raytheon R20X Raster Scan Radar display
- Raytheon Raster Scanner
- Garmin GPS Map 130 chart plotter
- Garmin GPS Map 440 color chart plotter
- Raytheon V850 color echo sounder
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF with DSC
- Data marine depth indicator with alarms
- Detroit diesel 671 engines, 410 Hp each, fresh water cooled
- Hour meter at helm says 770 hours
- Full helm instrumentation
- Stainless steel throttle and transmission controls
- Hydraulic transmissions 1.5:1 ratio
- Helm forward and aft tank fuel gauges
- Racor primary fuel filter
- Oil X-Changer system
- Fire suppression system with pull handle in cockpit
- Hydraulic steering with stainless steel steering wheel
- Bow pulpit with anchor roller
- Lofrans electric windlass with foot controls
- Danforth anchor with chain and rope rode
- Port (3) and Starboard (3) stainless steel fender holders on bow rails
- Stainless steel stanchions and deck hardware
- Stainless steel hand rails on cabin
- Wide side decks make maneuvering easy
- Lee outriggers
- Teak and stainless steel fighting chair and foot rest in cockpit
- Cockpit coaming is teak
- Stainless steel mounted post in cockpit for lifting
- (6) stainless steel cockpit coaming fish pole holder
- Fish pole storage under cockpit coaming
- (6) stainless steel rocket launchers
- Deck wash down with raw and fresh water
- Dock side water connections
- Removable teak cockpit steps for port and starboard boarding
A classic sport fishing machine that needs minor TLC but she can be brought back to her beautiful glory with a little care and upgrades. Price reflects the seller’s desire for a quick sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.