1987 Californian 42 Convertible
Looking for a classic convertible style yacht then Dos Amigos is the one. With two staterooms; dinette and rich teak interior she provides a great platform for fishing and comfort for family outings. Give Dos Amigos a close look…she’s got the desirable upgrade 485 hp Detroit’s for a 22 knot cruise and best of all the seller is MOTIVATED!
Current owner is ready to move on!!
So bring your offer today and let’s make it happen!
EnginesTotal Power: 485
Cruising Speed: 22
Max Speed: 25
Fresh Water: 190
Vessel WalkthroughHead located to starboard off centerline passageway; electric head; sink w/underneath storage; mirrored medicine chest; overhead hatch; dressing mirror; enclosed shower w/molded seat Aft of head stbd side of passageway is a washer/dryer combo unit inset and enclosed. To port is the guest quarter’s w/2 longitudinal bunks; counter top aft with drawer storage below and mirror above.
Main SalonEntering the salon from the cockpit, there is a TV/Entertainment Center to port with a teak railing forward separating the salon from the dinette below. To starboard all the way forward is a teak counter with a barrel chair and sofa which is parallel to the aft bulkhead.
GalleyDown 3 steps from salon level…Galley to starboard with upgraded full size black refrigerator/freezer; double stainless steel sink; w counter tops; 4 burner stove with cutting board; microwave; huge under counter storage drawers; counter level storage compartments traditional rich teak cabinetry throughout. Dinette to port w/open overhead with lots of flight flowing from the forward salon windshield and side windows down to the white cushioned 6 person dinette seating to port
- Queen size berth forward with copious storage underneath
- Hanging locker to port
- Dressing mirror to port
- Private entry to head from master on starboard side.
- Dbl spreader outrigger
- 6 Rocket launchers bridge
- 5 Rod holders cockpit
- Folding cockpit sunshade
- Tackle center
- Cockpit freezer
- Bow pulpit
- Anchor, chain and line
- SS bow rail w/4 fender racks
- Swim platform
- Desirable upgraded dual 275 gal fuel tanks!
Electronics & Helm
- Flybridge controls
- Stainless steel helm
- Garmin GPS/plotter- 2008
- Vhf radio
- Furuno color Fish finder2008
- Furuno radar
- 8 Kw Onan genset
- 110v AC
- 12v -DC
- 19 g water heater
- Battery charger
- Marine air reverse cycle air conditioner
- 2nd marine air - air conditioner
- AC/DC ship shore power panel
- 3- 8D Batteries
- DC pumps for bilge; macerator; fw pressure pump; a-c pump; shower sump pump; live well pump trim tab pump; aft bilge pump
- 2 Manual pumps: one for bilge; one for holding tank
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Twin 671 TIB’s Detroit Stuart & Stevenson @485 HP
- Starboard has approx. 180hrs & port 100 since major w/Allison gears
- Halon system
- 4 Blade props-bronze
- 21/2 S/S Shafts
July 2010 UPDATES
- BOTTOM JOG...BLACK BOTTOM
- NEW ZINCS
- SERVICE GENERATOR
- VARNISH BRIGHTWORK AT COCKPIT
Broker's RemarksSeller is ready to deal! Bring an offer and this exceptional and desirable Californian convertible can be yours!
Viva Dos Amigos!!