2002 Luhrs Hardtop Convertible
** SOLD **
An exceptional mixture of style, performance, and value with an extensive list of standard and optional equipment, MAKAIRA is built on a low-dead rise, modified-V hull with a deep keel and plenty of beam. The entertainment center and galley are aft in the salon while the seating areas are forward. The spacious staterooms sleep 4 and the head features a solid sliding door separating the water closet from the shower. Bridge access is easy with the Luhrs' signature Bridge Walk stairway.
Vessel is overall in very good condition with a clean engine history and no reported damage or defect. The best value in a full sized two stateroom convertible, featuring Caterpillar 4 stroke diesels for trouble free boating. Needs nothing, ready to go.
Asking $195,000 March 2012, $175,000 May 2012, now $165,000 July 2012.
Very well maintained, beautifully appointed, with the largest engine option available, this is a very fast and beautiful sportfisherman. With her Carolina Flare, tumblehome aft and modern aggressive lines, she is not your standard looking convertible. Realistic owner has priced to sell.
Interior paneled in cherry wood with matching faux leather upholstered L-shaped settee/dinettes to port and starboard. Center forward the companionway takes you below to the 2 staterooms. On each side of the companionway is the concealed apartment sized washer and dryer. There is a very innovative separate enclosed head to port followed immediately forward by a separate enclosed shower stall and a Corian-topped cherry vanity. To starboard is the guest cabin, with over under berths behind a sliding pocket door, and a tall cedar-lined hanging locker. A screened overhead hatch provides light and air.
The master stateroom forward features a queen-size island berth with an inner spring mattress flanked by roomy cedar-lined hanging lockers. Overhead cabinets and a drawer underneath the berth provide plenty of stowage. A private door opens up into the head. This cabin, too, has a flat-screen TV mounted in the aft bulkhead, viewable from the berth. A large screened overhead hatch provides light and air circulation.
- AM/FM stereo system with DVD
- Designer window treatments and fabrics
- Color flat screen TV
- Entertainment console w/storage compartments and ice-maker
- Recessed overhead lighting
- Overhead lighted rod storage cabinet - 7 rods electrically operated
- Central vacuum system
- Separate apartment sized washer and dryer
- Master Stateroom
- Custom flush-mounted ventilation hatch with screen
- Designer fabrics, bed spread and pillow shams
- Island queen berth w/reading lights
- Overhead recessed lighting
- Storage drawers under berth
- Cedar-lined hanging locker
- Guest Stateroom
- Over Under Berths
- Full sized Cedar lined hanging locker
- Overhead ventilation hatch
- Reading light s for each berth
- Corian vanities in head and shower
- Vacu-Flush head w/macerator, holding tank and overboard discharge
- Recessed overhead lights
- Separate stand-up shower stall with door
Located to starboard aft with a L-shaped Corian counter-top, a deep, molded sink, a three-burner flush-top electric stove underneath counter lids, and an under counter refrigerator.There is a matching under counter freezer opposite to port as well as a stainless ice-maker under a counter-top. The coffeemaker and microwave/convection oven are mounted in the cabinets. Ample storage with above and under counter cabinets
- Built-in microwave/convection oven
- Corian counter-tops and sinks
- Electric 3-burner stove
- Sub-zero refrigerator and seperate freezer
Deck & Flybridge
A molded fiberglass staircase leads from the cockpit up to the flybridge, which is protected by a hardtop and enclosures. There's a lounge area forward of the helm, with a comfortable settee. The helm is centered. There is also an excellent view of the cockpit below and the entire stern while seated or standing at the helm. . There is a companion chair to starboard, and a jump seat to port, perched over the staircase.
- Fly-bridge Hardtop w/molded in cockpit lights, speakers, guages.
- Three sided Fly-bridge enclosure
- Teak Ladderback Helm seats with cushions and covers.
- Anchor and Rode
- Powder coated bow rails and hand rails
- Bow pulpit w/anchor roller
- High density rubrail with SS insert
- Diamond non-skid walking surfaces
- Three hatches w/screens and blackouts
- Frameless dark tinted windows
- Engine room access hatch
- Access hatch to rudders
- Pompanette Fighting Chair
- Fish-box with overboard drain courtesy lights
- Fresh & Raw water wash-downs
- Rod holders
- 60 gallon Live-well
- Molded fiberglass ice chest
- Molded fiberglass prep center, tackle drawers, sink /w/spray hose, pressure water and cutting board
- Cockpit sun shade
- Spreader lights
- Transom door
- Fiberglass Swim platform
Engine & Mechanical
A hatch in the cockpit allows quick access to a portion of the machinery space with fuel valves, filters, batteries and an X-ChangeR oil change system. From there a door leads forward into the engine space. Access around and about the engines is good.. The overhead and bulkheads are finished, and the sole is white fiberglass diamond plate. Wiring is tucked neatly in conduit, and gray water is routed through a common drain system.
- Twin Caterpillar 3196 Diesels - 660 HP, 1600 hours
- Reverse cycle Air conditioning
- Automatic shower sump pump
- Bronze thru-hulls with seacocks below water line
- Stainless steel thru hulls, above water line
- Engine alarm system
- Electronic controls and engine synchronizer
- Dripless shaft logs
- Fire extinguisher system
- Racor Fuel/water separators
- Hot water heater (20 gallons)
- Internal sea strainers
- Oil X-ChangeR system
- Recessed trim tabs
- Automatic bilge pumps (4)
- 13.5KW Diesel generator with sound shield
- Two (2) battery chargers
- 4-4D Batteries
- Battery safety switches
- Custom electrical panel w/breaker, switches and digital readouts, custom wire harness, and color coded wiring throughout
- Dockside 240 volt connection with Glendenning Cablemaster
- 50amp Shore power
- GFCI protection throughout
- Internal bonding system with zinc anode
- 12 and 120 Volt interior lighting system
Electronics & Navigation
- Furuno Navnet Flushmounter to the helm panel with:
- 64 Mile Open Array Radar
- Color Fishfinder
- GPS with Charting system
- Simrad AP20 Autopilot
- ICOM M502 VHF
- ACR remote potlight
- AM/FM CD Bridge Stereo
- Remote For Windlass
- Centerline helm with varnished teak pod look
- Rupp double spreader outriggers
- Tackle center with bait prep station
- Bait freezer
- Live well
- Transom fish box, insulated
- Concealed overhead rod storage in salon
- 6 flush mount rod holders
- "San Juan" Collapsible cockpit shade
- Fighting chair
Strong, powerful and gorgeous, the Luhrs 44 Convertible is a perfect combination of Old World craftsmanship and New Age technology. A deep forefoot, wide flare, and a highly efficient bottom make for an excellent ride in any sea. A solid fiberglass bottom meets foam-cored sides and transom for lightness and maximum strength. Inside, a high-tech, flat screen television and multi DVD player are standard, as is a custom icemaker and chest freezer. The guest stateroom features extra wide berths finished in special fabrics and the hanging locker, cabinets and drawers are ready to handle the crew and much more. An innovative head design provides privacy and convenience in the unique split arrangement. The separate stall shower is spacious and offers a comfortable seat as well. To keep everything in order, an optional separate washer and dryer are conveniently positioned in the companionway. From the first line drawn on the 44, to the final attachment of the rod holders, every focus has been on fishability. The positioning of the command console and the height of the optional bench seat or standard pedestals all afford great visibility to the cockpit. The Luhrs BridgeWalk molded steps take passengers to the "pit" in a hurry when the action gets going. A cockpit refrigerator / freezer, livewell, bait prep area with sink, tackle drawers, dual washdowns, and a coaming fishbox are all included. Even the bridge based rocket launcher and molded-in aluminum plate for a chair are standard. The console provides convenient locations for all electronics and standard electronic engine controls. A custom teak steering pod houses the Beede gauges and a Release wheel. Forward of the console are a comfortable bench seat and a designated area for a liferaft and PFDs.
Overall this boat shows very well. Her interior is without water damage, her original soft goods are in excellent condition. Outside the fiberglass still has a deep shine and there is no evidence of damage or repairs. Her cockpit, as well as the entire boat shows no evidence of high use or abuse. Shows as a well kept yacht club condition boat. Engines start without smoking, have a clean history, and appear to be very well maintained. She had fresh bottom paint in Junes 2012 and has been regularly used and maintained by her second owner.
Best value in the market, owner has priced to sell.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.