1975 Hinckley Sou'wester 50 Yawl
ISLAND STAR is a nice Hinckley Sou’wester 50. Her reverse-cycle air conditioned "Modified A" cabin layout makes this is a great boat for cruising or liveaboard. The current owner has upgraded many systems and equipment. This boat can take you anywhere in comfort and safety and style. The owner is motivated.
DimensionsMax Draft: 5' 9"/10'
EnginesTotal Power: 125
Cruising Speed: 7.0 K
Max Speed: 8.3 K
OVERVIEWA perfect cruising vessel, ISLAND STAR is a Hinckley 50' 1975 fiberglass, yawl-rigged, keel/centerboard sailboat. The Sou’wester 50 is a strong offshore sailboat with traditional Hinckley grace and stability. Excellent lateral stability and tracking characteristics with a responsive, sea-kindly manner.
- Aft cockpit has pedestal wheel steering.
- Upgraded Inboard diesel auxiliary engine, and many new onboard systems.
HULL AND DECKWhite topsides White deck with contrasting light-blue nonskid.
- Aluminum mast, spreaders and boom - Stainless steel standing rigging with bronze and stainless steel turnbuckles and fittings.
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with double stainless steel lifelines on stainless steel stanchions.
- Anchor roller platform
- Ideal electric windlass
- Delta 55# anchor with 300’ of chain at bow pulpit
- (2) CQR 60# anchors
- Fresh and saltwater wash down system
- Double stainless steel lifelines with stainless steel stern rail
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Horseshoe life ring
- Bimini, with Dodger (new 2004)
- Full deck awning
ISLAND STAR has a “Modified PLAN A” cabin layout with reverse-cycle air conditioning sleeps 7. This double cabin with two heads arrangement features a large owner’s V-berth stateroom forward with an ensuite Master Head to port. There is a Guest Head just aft with a large shower. The Main Saloon features a U-shaped settee to port, with a pilot berth outboard, and a pull-out settee/berth to starboard. Aft to port is the large U-shaped Galley, and a Navigation Station to starboard with a private modified Double Quarterberth aft. Forward forepeak gear, sail and rope locker. Ample storage throughout.
Entertainment Electronics:Pioneer AM/FM/CD with bose speakers Sharp color TV (new 2004)
Forward V-berth has (2) custom mattresses by HandCraft.
MASTER HEAD:Vacu-flush toilet system Mirrored vanity Stainless steel sink Deep cupboard storage
GUEST HEAD:Ample linen storage Vacu-flush toilet system Mirrored vanity SS sink Large shower Ample storage
MAIN SALOON:U-shaped settee converts to single berth to port. Single pilot berth outboard of U-shaped dinette. Large opening deck hatch with screen. Starboard settee pulls out to make a single berth. Outboard starboard settee are drawers, shelves and an entertainment center Interior curtains
NAVIGATION STATION - Aft to starboard with desk and seat. Communication and navigation equipment.
AFT QUARTERBERTH: Double Quarterberth is aft of navigation station with privacy curtain.
GALLEY:U-shaped, to port with deep double stainless steel sink Grunert 3-zone top-loading refrigerator/freezer Shipmate 3-burner stove with large oven Pressurized hot/cold fresh water Microwave U-line ice maker Lots of counter top space and storage
SAILS & RIGGINGAluminum Mast, boom, and spreaders Mast is keel-stepped New standing rigging (2004). Standing rigging is 1x19 SS wire with swaged terminals setup with SS Hinckley rod lugs Harken traveler system (new 2004) Forestay and backstay are set up with chromed, forged bronze turnbuckles Forestay has Harken roller-furling over 1x19 stainless steel wire
- Quantum full-batten main with bat car system
- Quantum 135% Genoa
- Spinnaker with sock
- Mizzen sail - full-batten
- (2) Mizzen drifters
- Wood Freeman Autopilot
- Furuno Nav Net 1833 Radar/Chartplotter
- Ritchie binnacle compass
- DGPS/Navionics with integral heading
- Raymarine Depth/Wind/Speed
- GPS repeater sensor and Network sounder in Nav-pod
- ICOM 700 SSB (new 2003)
- Furuno GP31, GPS at nav station, with c-pit repeater (new 2002)
- Horizon GX 1260 Marine transceiver, with remote microphone at helm (new 2003)
- ACR 406 EPIRB with GPS (new 2004)
- (6) Group 31 AGM batteries
- Balmar 110-mp alternator - engine mounted
- Xantrex regulator (new 2004)
- Northern lights 5-KW generator
- Xantrex 2500 watt inverter/charger
- (2) 120-watt solar panels- with control panel at nav station
- 120-volt dockside service
- 12-volt/120-volt distribution panel
Yanmar 4JH3 diesel 125-hp (new 2004) with 960-hrs - Engine was Hinckley installed.
- Luke feathering 3-blade prop (new 2004)
- High water bilge alarm
- Pressurized hot/cold fresh water with water heater
- Vacu-flush marine sanitation system
- Tankwatch holding tank system
- Fire extinguishers
- U-line ice maker
- Spectra 380C watermaker - with MPC 3000 control system (new 2003)
- Cruisaire reverse-cycle air-conditioning system