1980 CAL 27-2
** SOLD **
New Beta Marine engine and Twin Disc transmission in 2007. Under 100 hours.
A great couple or weekend sailboat with room for four. Ample interior spaces for relaxing and entertaining and a large cockpit for outdoor activities. Wide side decks make maneuverability a breeze. Don’t miss this well priced, re-powered Cal 27.
Enter the boat by way of the port and starboard side deck boarding gates and into the large U-shaped cockpit. The 8 foot cockpit offers two large storage lazarettes and tiller steering. Engine gauges and controls are forward on the starboard side. Entering the boat through the companionway and down a few steps you enter the main cabin. A unique layout, the engine compartment is under the companionway step and the aft bulkhead lower section removes for easy engine access. Along the starboard side is the galley area offering a single stainless steel sink and in-counter ice box. There is ample storage and food prep space. The salon features port and starboard settees which convert to berths. The port side settee extends through the bulkhead for a 6 ft 6 inch berth. Under and behind the cushions are storage areas and outboard on each side are shelves. The dinette table fold neatly up and out of the way on the port side forward bulkhead. The dinette will seat four. Further forward is the head compartment which runs athwartships and is a walk-thru to the v-berth. Along the port side is a stainless steel sink and vanity with cold water pump faucet. The head is a manual head. Overhead is a large hatch with screen. Along the starboard side is a hanging locker with shelf above. The v-berth is large and offers outboard upper and lower storage shelving.
All interior accommodations match well with teak bulkheads and trim.
The galley is located along the aft and starboard side of the main cabin. With ample storage and counter top space to please the onboard chef.
- Single SS sink with hand pump cold water
- In counter, 5.4 cu ft. self-draining, ice box with tray and insulated cover
- Laminated countertops with fiddles
- Kenyon dual burner alcohol stove top with cutting board cover
- Leaded glass door on storage cabinet on Stbd. side
- Anchor mounted on bow deck with chain and rope rode
- Stainless steel stanchions with coated double life lines
- Port, starboard and aft boarding gates
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Outboard engine mount on port stern railing
- Port and starboard cockpit lazarettes
- Teak cabin top handrails
- Teak cabin companionway trim and boards
- Diaphragm manual bilge pump
- Stainless steel and bronze through hulls and ball valves
- Stainless steel chain plates mounted to bulkheads
- (4) opening ports with screens
- (2) fixed ports in salon
- (2) bow and stern mooring cleats
- Aquamarine compass with sun cover
- Data Marine speed and distance display with sun cover
- Tiller handle remote controlled autopilot
- Uniden Solara VHF radio with DSC in main cabin
Sails and Rigging
Masthead sloop rig
- Aluminum mast and boom
- Stainless steel rigging with single spreader
- Split backstay
- (2) Barient # 18 windlass in cockpit
- All running rigging lines run aft
- Mainsail Sunbrella blue cover
- Tiller handle Sunbrella blue cover
- (2) genoa/jib sheet tracks with blocks
- Boom topping lift
- 150% genoa/jib, Dacron
- Dacron mainsail
The panel is located on the aft starboard side bulkhead.
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power
- 12 volt distribution panel with DC volt meter
- Battery disconnect switch at panel
- 30 Amp shore power cord
- 12 volt interior lighting and reading lamps
New engine and transmission in 2007 with under 100 hours
- Beta Marine, B14HE, fresh water cooled, diesel engine
- Twin Disc transmission TMC40P with 2:1 ratio
- Stainless steel shaft with dripless shaft log
- Dual lever controls for engine and transmission
- Beta Marine engine display in cockpit with RPMs and warning lights, alarms
- Racor primary fuel filter
- Tiller steering
Nice small couple or family sailboat with the benefit of a newer Beta Marine diesel engine and Twin Disc transmission. Seller’s change of plans dictates the sale.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.