1983 Pearson 303
** SOLD **
The 303 Pearson 1983 is a wonderful cruising sailboat with excellent accommodations and amenities found on larger boats, the 303 Pearson offers wide side decks and a large cockpit to enjoy the sailing adventure.
You can step onto the wide side decks by either the port or starboard boarding gate. Maneuverability is excellent. The cockpit is large and features a removable elevated helm seat and a large storage lazarette under the port seat. The helm is centered with excellent visibility. Entering the main cabin is down a few steps. Immediately to port is the galley with featuring an in-counter refrigerator, single stainless steel sink and ample counter and storage space. To starboard is the aft berth. Larger that most quarter berths, it will sleep two comfortably. Access to the engine compartment is under the companionway steps. The main salon is forward and features port and starboard settees with storage under the bottom cushions and behind the side cushions. Outboard storage shelfs offer excellent storage for book and other items. Each settee will make into additional berths. The dinette table is neatly stored in the up position and folds down into a smaller table for the starboard settee or an additional leaf will fold up for both. Further forward and to starboard is the head compartment with a manual pump toilet, molded vanity top and sink, and storage. Across from the head is a hanging locker. All the way forward is the V-berth. A filler cushion can be used to convert into a double berth. Plenty of outboard storage.
The interior features beautiful fabrics and wood trim cabinets. Overhead hatches and opening ports make for excellent ventilation and the closed ports add additional natural light.
The L-Shaped galley is located aft and to port. With ample counter top and storage spaces, the galley will please the chef.
- Single stainless steel sink with faucet and foot pump
- Flush mounted two-burner alcohol stove with cutting board cover
- Adler-Barbour 5 cubic foot in-counter refrigerator with ice trays
- Laminated countertops
- Ample cabinet and drawer storage
- White hull with molded deck and molded-in nonskid surfaces
- One piece hull hand laid F.R.P. construction with balsa-cored bottom and solid laminate topside
- Thru-hull fittings below the waterline are bronze seacocks
- Internal lead ballast
- Skeg hung rudder
- Stainless steel anchor roller on bow
- Bruce 10 kg plow anchor with chain and rope rode
- Secondary Danforth anchor in anchor locker with chain and rope rode
- Secondary Danforth 16 kg anchor in cockpit lazarette
- Stainless steel stanchions with double coated life lines
- Port and starboard boarding gate
- Fold down stainless steel swim ladder mounted on transom
- Outboard motor lift mounted on transom
- Aluminum rub rails
- Teak cabin top handrails, toe rails and trim
- Bimini stainless steel frame (buyer can choose new bimini color)
- Screen inserts for companionway doorway
- Life Sling mounted in protective cover on stern rail
- (4) opening ports and screens
- Port and starboard fixed ports with interior curtains
- (2) overhead hatches with screens
- Winch handle alcoves in cockpit
Sails and Rigging
- Coated aluminum mast stepped to the keel and aluminum boom
- ¼ inch, 1 x 19 stainless steel rigging
- Harkin roller furling genoa
- Harkin main sheet traveler mounted in forward cockpit
- (2) Lewmar 2-speed #40 winches in cockpit
- (2) Lewmar 1-speed #16 winches on mast
- Lewmar 1-speed #8 reef winch on boom
- Mainsail with two reefs
- Genoa is 130%
- Ritchie compass on pedestal
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio with RAM mic
- Raymarine ST-40 depth display
- Raymarine ST-40 speed display
- Hand held VHF radios in cabin
- Lowrance Elite-5 DSI color chart plotter
- Hawkeye digital depth finder
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power distribution panels
- 30 Amp shore power connection with cord
- Chafe protected and color coded wiring well above the bilge
- Pro Mariner battery charger
- Nicro day/night solar vents on overhead hatches
Excellent engine and transmission access making service easy.
- Yanmar 2GMF, 2-cylinder, 13 hp diesel engine, fresh water cooled
- Transmission with 2.6:1 reduction gear and stainless steel shaft
- Engine panel at helm with RPM, and indicator lights and alarms
- Pedestal with stainless steel throttle and transmission levers
- Stainless steel destroyer steering wheel
- Racor primary fuel filter
- Emergency tiller
Sellers change of plans dictates the sale. In very nice condition and ready to go. Buyer will get a new bimini at closing in the color of their choice. Looking for a nice cruising or family sailboat? Don’t miss Star Chaser!
Financing, Insurance and Delivery information available.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.