1983 Vagabond Center Cockpit - Ketch
Offshore Passage-Maker & Great Live-Aboard!
NEW Lewmar H3 Windlass w/foot pedals & remote (June 2016)
NEW Raymarine Autopilot Smart Control Wireless Remote (June 2016)
NEW Propane Solenoid & Pressure Regulator (June 2016)
NEW Fridge, Adler Barbour CU-100 Cold Machine (Nov 2015)
NEW VD-150 Vertical Evaporator Freezer (Nov 2015)
Yanmar 4JH4AE, 54Hp with 1366hrs (Installed 2009)
The Vagabond 42’ has an excellent reputation as a well designed, solidly built blue water cruiser.
She is an elegant looking sailboat with traditional charms and pirate ship inspired detailing, showcased in her long bowsprit, trailboards & heart-shaped stern with square windows.
With a ketch rig and double foresails, this large center cockpit is comfortable and dry at sea. Her full keel with skeg hung rudder & 5'6" draft provides a great platform to take you to any destination.
An abundance of teak makes her not only stunning down below but also solid under sail, with a 6ton encapsulated ballast, she boasts 32,000 pounds of displacement!
Current owner purchased her in April 2015 & used her lightly in Biscayne Bay. Life plans have changed and he is moving to Hawaii and upgrading to a larger boat.
Forward Guest Cabin and Head
Upper and lower berths with storage below, hanging storage, reading lights, and additional storage compartments.
Next aft is the guest head and shower to port, with manual flush Jabsco head (2010).
**Note: No holding tank is installed...direct flush overboard only**
Amidships is the main saloon with a semi-circular dinette to port and settee opposite to starboard, two opening hatches, and substantial storage above and below. There is the large navigation station to starboard and opposite to port is the two sided in-line galley along the port passageway.
A separate door leads into the master suite and opposite to starboard, in the main passageway to the aft stateroom, is a double berth/workbench area, additional storage, three opening ports and excellent engine access.
Owners Cabin and Head
The master stateroom is the aft cabin athwartship queen berth, with nice storage surrounding it, large opening ports and lovely bronze stern windows. Loads of room with vanity, separate access to head and shower.
Aft of the galley on the port side is the master (aft) head with separate shower stall. Jabsco manual head replaced 2014.
**Note: Aft head holding tank is removed & new tank must be installed
There is a teak and holly sole throughout, elegant teak interior with 6’3” headroom and a total of 14 opening ports.
The galley is located on the port side and runs on either side of the passageway. It is equipped with a three burner Princess propane stove with oven, hot and cold pressure water, Adler Barbour refrigeration, double SS sink, good lighting including a light prism, and ample storage throughout.
Princess Gourmet 3 burner propane stove with oven and broiler (2013)
2 10 gal propane tanks with solonoid shut off
--New solenoid and pressure regulator
NEW 12v Adler Barbour refrigeration, CU-100 Cold Machine (Nov 2015)
--HUGE...15cubic feet!! Front & top loading for easy access!
--NEW VD-150 Vertical Evaporator cold machine freezing unit (Nov 2015)
Hamilton Beach Microwave
12v Pressure water system
Seaward SS 6 gal hot water heater
- Raymarine Digital Radar (2011)
- Raymarine C90 Chartplotter (2011)
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot Controller (2011)
- Raymarine Linear Drive Autopilot System (2011)
- NEW Raymarine Smart Controller Autopilot Wireless Remote (2016)
- Datamarine Depth Finder
- Standard Horizon Matrix GX2100 w/ AIS (Wiring for AIS function not connected)
- Samsung Flatscreen TV
- Back-Up Handheld VHF
12-Volt system with dedicated engine start battery & house bank, DC panel with circuit breakers and volt meter
120-Volt system, AC panel with circuit breakers and volt meter, and 50' dockside cable, 30 amp shore power inlet
- Engine Start: (1) 12v battery (2014)
- House bank: (4) 6v batteries (2013)
- True Charge 40Amp 3-Bank Battery Charger
- KISS Wind Generator (*Needs servicing*)
- 80Amp Alternator
Sails and Rigging
- Ketch rig with painted anodized alloy masts and spars
- Adjustable Genoa Track cars
- Fully battened Heavy Cruising Mainsail (2008)
*New Lazy Jack system Not installed...stored below*
- Genoa (135%) on Furlex Roller Furler (2008)
- Fully battened Mizzen
- Club Footed Hank-On Staysail
- 2 x #25 Barlow ST winches (Genoa)
- 2 x #20 Barlow winches in cockpit (Staysail)
2 x #20 Barlow winches on mast (1 port & 1 starboard)
- 1 x #20 Barlow winch for mainsheet
Hull & Deck
- Full Keel with cutaway fore/aft with Skeg Hung Rudder
*Cast iron keel encapsulated in hull & glassed over...12,000lbs
- Bottom Painted 2014
- NEW Lewmar H3 Windlass w/foot pedals & remote (Currently being installed)
- Dingy davits
- Bimini & Dodger with Full Enclosure (2011)
- Cockpit Cushions (2013)
- Custom canvas covers: Sail covers, fuel/water jugs, hatches, etc (2011)
- Teak Decks Re-caulked & re-plugged (2011)
- Outboard motor mount
- 45# CQR Primary Anchor
(*NO Chain or rode installed ...buyer can buy 5/16" HT all chain or chain/rode)
- Danforth Back-up anchor w/ 300' nylon rode
- Teak & SS Boarding Ladder
- Deck prisms
- 14 opening ports
- 4 overhead hatches
Engine / Mechanical
- 2009 Yanmar 4JH4AE, 54Hp w/ 1366hrs
Naturally aspirated & fresh water cooled
- Numerous spare parts for engine: fuel & oil filters, belts, etc
- Upgraded Racor fuel filter for engine
- Flexible stuffing box
- Fixed 3 blade bronze propeller w/ 1 1/2" SS shaft
- Single station steering with cable to quadrant steering
- Pompanette 16BTU Air Conditioning/Reverse Cycle Heat (2010)
- Dickinson Antartica Diesel Heater
- Walker Bay Dinghy (*Not registered...may be unable to register in FL)
- 2007 Mercury 3.5Hp Outboard Motor
- Zodiac 6-Person Liferaft (*Needs re-certified*)
- ACR EPIRB installed in cockpit (**Battery Expired**)
- (2) Honda 2000 Generators (*1 H2000 does not run...needs tune up*)