1985 Wauquiez 47 Centurion
** SOLD **
SOLITAIRE" is a well-founded Centurion 47 ready for long distance extended cruising in any waters. Her owners have spent the past 4 seasons aboard sailing New England waters. Her Bermuda passage under race conditions assures she meets Category One Offshore Race requirements. The current owners for personal reasons must sell and are looking for new owners to take SOLITAIRE on her next sea adventure. At this reduced price this well founded yacht won't be on the market long. Call now for a showing. She is ready for spring launch; just fill the water tanks and you are off on her next adventure.
SOLITAIRE, a Centurion 47 built by renowned French yacht builder, Henri Wauquiez and designed by naval architect, Ed DuBois of DuBois Yacht Design London, England famous for his ultra-fast hull designs. The hull shape, the deck plan and the rig are all designed for outstanding offshore and cruise performance. She has the classic lines, beauty and pedigree of a fast offshore passage maker and cruiser. SOLITAIRE is one of a limited number of Centurion 47s that was built specifically for the North American yacht market as opposed to the European or Caribbean charter market. SOLITAIRE has had but 3 owners, each owner meticulously maintaining her through annual upgrades and refits. She has the classic lines of a North Sea offshore yacht, accommodations for six, excellent balance and speed (PHRF base rate 78), surefooted teak decks, offshore cockpit design, excellent helmsperson visibility, and all berths equipped with lee cloths. SOLITAIRE is ready for offshore cruising or racing having met US Sailing Category I offshore yacht racing requirements. She is often mistaken for a Swan or Baltic because of her classic lines and is considered by some yacht surveyors to have a greater structural grid design.
SOLITAIRE has an exceptionally large starboard side mid-ships salon with U shaped dinette that seats 8 or more easily. On the starboard side of the main salon you will find ample book storage and large liquor locker. Across from the dining area on the port side of the main salon you’ll find a working galley equipped with separate refrigerator and freezer compartments each powered by dedicated refrigeration units, a 2 burner propane stove with oven, broiler and griddle plate, a microwave and double stainless steel sink as well as able galley storage.
There is additional storage for food staples and heavy food items in dry bins under the main cabin sole. On the port side forward of the galley is the large Nav Station. The forward facing Navigation Table has a deep compartment below the desk for chart storage.
There are sleeping accommodations for 6 in three private cabins and two heads each complete with shower and vanity
Aft you’ll find a spacious private stateroom with hanging locker, sit down vanity with large mirror, and ample drawer space for storage and wine rack. Aft Head has a large shower, vanity and LaVac toilet equipped with a LectraScan USGC approved sanitation device.
Forward of the salon on the starboard side you’ll find a private cabin with wide Pullman berth with Lee Board and on the port side a private cabin with two pilot berths with Lee Clothes. Both cabins are equipped with large hanging lockers deep enough to hang ladies dresses and ample drawer and locker space.
Forward of the port and starboard cabins you’ll find a large second head with shower, vanity and ample storage. A second LaVac head is equipped with holding tank.
Further forward is a large 8 ft. long locker with access from the forward head or a large foredeck hatch. This locker is a great sail and gear locker for extended cruising.
- All galley and head sinks are equipped shut-off valves and electric pumps for water evacuation while heavily heeled under sail
- Decorative oil lamps in the main salon
- All berths are equipped with lee cloths or boards and 12V fans
- 12 gallon electric Hot Water Heater with heat exchanger
Sails & Running Rigging
- SOLITAIRE has a varied sail inventory including both racing and performance cruising sails. All sails are in excellent condition and believed to be equipped with US Sail numbers and draft strips.
- 550 Sq. Ft. Spectra Premium laminate tri-radial mainsail with 4 full and 1 ¾ battens
- Outhaul lead aft
- 3 reef points (2 w/reefing lines lead aft)
- Dutchman sail flaking system
- Tides Marine Sail Track System
- Schaffer Lazy Jack system
- Mainsail sail cover
- Storm Trisail
- 135% 6.6 oz. and 6.8 oz. taffeta backed Pentex tri-radial furling genoa with marked reef points
- 110% DP Pentex laminate tri-radial blade #3 genoa (used once)
- 150% 3.5 oz. Mylar Kevlar medium weight genoa (light use)
- 1.5 oz. Tri-radial Spinnaker with dousing sock (used twice)
- Aluminum triple speaker spar by Selden Mast.
- Wire standing rigging
- Running jack and backstays
- Babystay with Pelican release
- Harken Roller Furler with dual sail slots and vectran furling line with sheet stopper (overhauled 2005)
- Dual Vectran Genoa Halyards, Dual Spinnaker Halyards, Dual Spinnaker Pole Topping Lifts
- Dual Spinnaker Poles
- Reaching Strut
- Navtec Hydraulic Vang and Backstay Adjuster (Backstay cylinder overhauled 2008)
- 2 Dodgers, 1 companionway and 1 full cockpit
- Bimini with removal filler connecting to cockpit dodger
Deck & Hull
- Stern mounted 15 ft. stainless steel pole with radar dome, antenna bridge, hailer, light and outboard motor crane
- Edson pedestal guard with Raymarine and B&G instruments mounted at the helm
- 60 inch stainless steel wheel with leather cover
- Six self-tailing cockpit winches, 2 Lewmar #66 - 2 speed electric (new 2004), 2 Lewmar #55 spinnaker winches, 2 Lewmar #43 running back/jack-stay winches
- 3 coach roof winches 1 main halyard/mainsheet Barient #28 – 2 speed electric and 2 Lewmar #43 auxiliary/reefing winches
- Harken traveler with Harken Windward Traveler Car w/6-1 continuous loop control line
- Navtec hydraulic boomvang and backstay adjusters
- 2 Spinnaker Poles with deck chocks
- Spinnaker reaching strut
- Main halyard, Outhaul, Topping Lift and 2 sets of Reef Lines lead aft to Lewmar sheet stoppers
- 4 Lewmar self-tailing winches at base of the mast, 2 #48s and 2 #46s
- Lofrans Tigres 2000 lb. electric horizontal windless with chain and rope gypsy and chain stopper
- 35 lb. Bruce anchor with 120 ft. 3/8” chain
- 45 lb. CQR anchor with 40 ft. 3/8” chain and 300 ft. ½” 3 strand nylon line
- Guardian Fortress Fluke Anchor
- Dual anchor chocks
- Side Power Dual Prop Bow Thruster (new 2004)
- Wash down located in anchor well
Electronics & Electrical
- Raymarine Pathfinder RL80C 12 inch Color Radar Chartplotter – Nav station
- Raymarine Pathfinder RL 70C 7 inch Color Radar Chartplotter – Helm Station
- Raymarine Type 300 Autopilot Linear Drive - new 2008
- Raymarine ST 7000 Autopilot Control Unit – Helm station
- Raymarine ST 6000+ Autopilot Control Unit - Nav station
- Raymarine ST 600R Autopilot Remote Control Unit
- Raymarine Depth sounder – Nav station
- B&G Hydra 2 – Nav station
- Expanded wind
- Wind speed
- Boat speed
- B&G Hydra 2 Repeater – Helm station
- Wind direction
- ICOM VHF – Nav station
- ICOM IC-M710 Single Sideband – Nav station
- Standard Horizon VHF w/Hailer – Helm station
- 3 AGM 8D 225 amp hour house batteries
- Trace 2500 Watt Inverter with 150 amp charger
- Trace RC7 Remote Inverter Control
- Sentry Marine 40 amp Battery Charger
- XNEX S-2 Propane/CNG monitor and control
- Sharp 19 inch Flat Screen TV with DVD Player
- Maxxima Marine Stereo
- XM Satellite radio with marine antenna
- MASE I.S. 4.0 KW Generator with remote at Nav Station – new 2009
- 4 UniSolar 32 watt flexible solar panels mounted on bimini
- 135 amp Alternator
Additional Options Included
Numerous spare parts
USCG Safety Equipment
A remarkable, BLUE WATER ready sailboat that is being sold due to the current owner's change of plans. Don't let this great boat get away! Price reflects the seller's desire to sell and not the boat condition. Shows as in photos-BETTER!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.