1986 Wauquiez 51 Centurion 1986/2005
** SOLD **
Starting life as a 47 Wauquiez, this boat spent 5 years going through a complete restoration with no expense spared. Lee Creekmore was hired to design and install the four foot extension and the entire boat was gone over and upgraded. This is a rare opportunity to own such a fine yacht and she is ready to go.
The most inviting feature of this stunning vessel. With abundant space and a large U-Shaped Settee to starboard and Galley to port, she gives plenty of room to relax in comfort. The galley features a four burner Broadwater stainless stove with oven. Double Sinks are 12” deep with lockdown strainers. Hot/Cold water pressure as well as salt water to each sink. The refrigeration system is composed of a 3.5 cubic foot deep freezer, and a refrigerator/ice maker. Granite counter tops and abundant storage for galley items fill out the galley.
State of the Art integrated electronics were installed during “Spirit of America’s” restoration. Fully integrated, at the heart of the system are two computers. A laptop, backed up by a “Brick” limited fail-safe computer. Displays at the helm and Nav Station are daylight readable with color contrast. Two VHF Radios with one having a mike located at the helm. ImarSat satellite phone system with phone/fax/email capability.
Set forward of the salon, the Master Stateroom is equipped with double berth to starboard, and a settee/dressing table to port. Generous storage space from drawers and a large hanging locker. With the rich woodwork, beveled glass mirrors, gold plated fixtures, you get that rich feeling. There is a private head and access forward to the crew quarters which doubles as a sail locker.
Accessed from the starboard aft of the salon, the guest stateroom includes double berth, a small hanging locker and a private bar. A dressing/makeup table with mirror is centerline and a private head to port with full shower. Additional access to the tool room is provided through the guest head.
Hull & Deck
- Single companionway with entrance high to prevent water intrusion
- Teak side decks and coach roof refurbished, cockpit, combings, settees, transom extended
- Teak seats starboard and port on stern pulpit
- Walnut compass rose inlaid into cockpit sole
- Custom electronics mast for antennae array/stern light/EPIRB/fore-aft floods/engine crane
- Custom helm pod with RLC70 display
- Hot/cold fresh water shower in cockpit
- Cockpit speakers
- Spreader lights
- Transom lights
- Custom Engine panel/all exterior lighting switched from the helm/autopilot controls Includes engine overheat alarm
Electronics & Helm
- Dual VHF radios, helm & Nav station
- ImarSat telephone mounted at nav station for phone/fax/email
- Raytheon integrated HiSpeed bus system (hsb2) and latest upgrade software 12/05
- Ray RL70C color radar system displayed in the plasma TV at the nav station
- Ray RL70C color radar remote displayed at the helm
- Ray GPS Navigator
- ICOM IC-M502 VHF radio
- Uniden ES VHF radio
- 23" Plasma TV at Nav Station
- 4 TacTic portable wireless sailing instruments, solar powered, for depth, speed, temperature and wind with remote masthead wireless wind transmitter
- Alpha Autopilot
- XM Radio system Pioneer entertainment system for radio/tv/dvd/disc
- speakers in staterooms and main salon & cockpit
Mast & Rigging
- Rondall internal furling, hydraulically operated mast
- Profurl Elite double groove furler
- NavTec hydraulic vang and back stay adjuster
- Carbon fiber sprit pole with DeckApe (electrical automatic pole extension)
- Lewmar mainsheet system, traveler track, cars and blocks
- Running rigging - New England Ropes in Spectra, Technora and Vectran
- Banks Sails
- Carbon Fiber Main
- Carbon Fiber Genoa 150
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker/snuffer 3200 sq. ft.
- Original Sails have been recut and are Dacron and in relatively good condition. The storm sail has never been out of its bag.
- North Sails
- Main in Dacron
- 135 Genoa Dacron
- 100 Genoa Dacron
- Storm sail Dacron
- Primaries Lewmar 65 Hydraulic two speed (2)
- Secondaries Lewmar 48 (3)
- Halyard winches Lewmar 46 (3)
- Spinnaker sheets/guys Lewmar 43 (2)
- Furler winch Lewmar 40 (1)
- Antal stoppers double and triple
- A full headroom Work/Tool Room is located under the port cockpit seat with access through the cockpit and through the aft head
Mechanical & Electrical
Perkins 154 four cycle marine diesel engine rebuilt by Detroit Diesel during the restoration, Service included new injectors, rebuild of injector pump, bearings, new oil pan, clean sea-water heat exchanger, replace all sensors, all gaskets and seals, Walker Air Sep Air cleaner, Dual Racor fuel filters with inline electric fuel pumps, Reverse Automatic oil drain/fill. The engine was sandblasted and painted at Detroit Diesel and installed with new mounts, wiring harness and engine panel. A custom self-tensioning bracket was fabricated for a new 270 Amp Marine Electrics alternator with a digital readout at the helm for use in developing correct battery charging engine speed and prop shaft.
- Two Blade Max Prop feathering propeller
- Tigress windlass with horizontal chain/rope gypsy
- Trace 2500 watt inverter being powered by an 800 amp hour house battery bank and charged by a 270 amp alternator installed on the main engine and supported
- Upgraded 270 amp alternator
- Xantrex Digital Echo Charger on all battery banks
- Two ICP Global Battery Saver 15 amp solar panels
- Xantrex Trace SW series 2500 watt inverter
A fine sailing yacht for the discerning yachtsman, “Spirit of America” is a true bluewater yacht that will take you anywhere you would like to go. With the attention to detail and upgrades, this is a rare opportunity to own such a fine yacht.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.