1987 O'day 40
This 1987 Oday cruiser is very clean for its age. "Southernmost" has been lightly used by its current owner, having recently returned from the Bahamas. The vessel is currently registered in Canada, but had originally been a U.S. documented Vessel bearing the official number 1059717
- Traditional layout with forward teak bulkhead
- Teak and Holly cabin entrance steps
- Teak and holly cabin sole
- padded vinyl
- Seat cushions cloth covered and in excellent condition
- Side port lights opening type with screens
- Nav table with storage under lid
- Port side galley with four burner
- lpg with oven
- pressurized hot and cold water
- Single SS deep well sink
- Two staterooms
- v berth and aft
Four Lewmar two speed self tailing winches. Mainsail is fully battened with lazy jacks in very good condition. 100% roller furling jib. Staysail. Two solar panels. Wind generator. West marine 10-foot inflatable with 9.9 mercury outboard. Engine lift aft on boat.
Helm and Electronics
Pedestal steering with controls. Please note: the vessel was hit by a wave and water washed over deck and shorted out all electronics. The vessel has a simrad auto pilot but it is not operational. The macerator needs to be rebuilt. Except for a Garmin 24-mile radar which works and a new Raymarine depth finder and vhf, the vessel should be considered without electronics.
Naturally aspirated Westerbeke 46 hp diesel, serial no. 14985-c607 4800 hours. New heat exchanger, raw water pump, fresh water pump.
While the vessel did sustain some damage to the electronics, there was no knockdown. The vessel took water over the deck, inundating the auto pilot in the cockpit and shorting out some electronics. "Southernmost" should be considered in excellent condition.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.