1989 Tartan 372
** SOLD **
The Tartan 372 is one of the company's most successful models ever produced. The designers knew what they were doing when they penned this one! Terrific sailing qualities along with her spacious sea going interior will have you dreaming of sailing her to far away locations. Her heavy construction of hand lay-up mat and high glass content fiberglass provides a strong hull well prepared for offshore sailing. When aboard it is easy to notice the Tartan quality, and extensive care that she has received over the years. . “Imagine” has been upgraded and professionally maintained by her second owner and is in excellent condition. She has much to offer and is awaiting the change of command. CALL NOW! She is ready for you to get on board and sail away.
Forward cabin has a V-berth with 6 drawers below and hanging locker to port and overhead shelves to starboard. There is one large opening hatch and two smaller hatches for ventilation and light along with two opening ports.
The main cabin has a drop leaf table with 2 drawers. The U shaped salon is to starboard with storage cabinets with louvered doors outboard. The settee is to port, with storage cabinets outboard and behind the seat backs. There are 6 opening ports and one large main cabin hatch along with two dorade vents for ventilation.
The galley is located aft of the U-shaped salon on the starboard side. There are two stainless steel sinks, double top loading ice box lids, a three burner propane stove and oven. Plenty of storage is available outboard in four cabinets.
Aft of the galley is the entrance to the aft cabin. There is a double berth and hanging locker with shelves. Three opening ports and an overhead hatch provide ventilation.
The forward facing navigation station is just aft of the portside settee with a pantry just behind the navigation seat.
Aft of the navigation station on the port side is the head with shower. There is one opening port, one opening hatch and ample storage under the head sink.
Engine access is under the galley sink.
Main Salon & Navigation Station
The main salon is comfortable and spacious and has a centerline double drop leaf table with a "U" shaped settee to starboard and a settee to port. Five cabinets with louvered doors provide ample storage along with shelves outboard of the settee backs. Six opening ports and an overhead hatch provide light and ventilation. The Navigation station is located aft to port across from the galley.
- 12 V LED lighting
- Liquor cabinet
- (2) stereo speakers
- Racor fuel filter access
- Battery access
- AC/DC electrical panel
- Chart table
- Electronics (see Electronics & Helm)
The galley is aft to starboard from the main cabin with 2 overhead lights. There is a Seaward Euro model 3 burner propane stove and oven--and oven cover for additional work space. Trident and solenoid shut off. There are six storage lockers and three drawers for storage. Two aluminum propane tanks provide plenty of fuel for extended cruising.
- Pressure hot and cold water with new faucet
- Whale fresh water hand pump
- Trash/storage bin set into counter
- 12 V lighting
- Large top and front load Adler Barbour refrigeration 2009
- Double SS sink
- Pure 35 water maker available as gift
- Easy access to engine
Forward cabin was designed with additional custom cabinetry and has a V-berth with 6 drawers below, hanging locker to port and overhead shelves to starboard. There is one large opening hatch and two smaller hatches for ventilation and light along with two opening ports.
- 12 V lighting
- Air-conditioning (10,000 BTU with digital controls)
- Chain locker
- Privacy door
The guest cabin is located to starboard aft with a large double berth, storage locker, three shelves, smaller locker and plenty of storage including a large storage area under the aft end of the berth. There are two overhead lights, three opening ports and an overhead hatch with screen.
- Privacy door
- Secured gun storage
- 12 V lighting
Head is aft to port with vanity, shower, shower pan, new Raritan head, five storage lockers with shelves and a large storage area under the counter. Trash can set into counter. The head includes towel racks, three mirrors and an opening port and overhead hatch with screen. A Y-valve provides for direct overboard discharge, or discharge into holding tank with deck pump out.
- Hot and cold pressure water
- 12 V lighting
- Water heater and pump access
Deck & Rigging
- Cruising mainsail offshore Bremen - new in 2010
- 135% Genoa cruising Bremen – new 2010
- Cruising Spinnaker with snuffer
- Storm jib
- Storm tri-sail
- Barient #28 winch x 2
- Barient #21 winch x 2
- Toping lift 2 reef points lead aft
- Second reef deep
- Masthead Rig with double spreaders
- Harken roller furling
- Garhauer Ridged Boom Vang
- Trisail track on mast
- Removable inner forestay
- Check stays
- 4 point Lazy Jacks
- Lewmar traveler on coach roof
- Mainsail cover (2010)
- Dodger (2013)
- Bimini (2013)
- Helm - Wheel cover
- Cockpit cushions
- Beige canvas covers for all hatches
- Custom arch with davit system
- Solar panels x 3
- Emergency tiller
- Screens for all hatches/ports
- Custom teak cockpit table with cup holders
- 3/8" acrylic hatch boards
- Life sling
- Force 10 propane grill
- Propane locker aft port in cockpit
- 2 x Stereo speakers Polyplaner
- Stereo remote
- Engine instrumentation
- Gusher pump
- Maxwell RC-10 electric anchor windlass
- 20lb. Danforth HT Deepset Anchor
- Fortress FX23 Anchor
- Double anchor rollers
- Delta plow anchor #35 with 80' of chain and 150'nylon rode
- Spare anchor with 20' chain and 100' nylon rode
Electronics & Helm
“Imagine “ is very well equipped and offers an impressive array of electronics for extended cruising.
- Garmin 5208 touch screen with 360 degree nav-pod
- Garmin 36 mile color radar with overlay and antenna on gimbal
- Garmin Tri Data
- Garmin GMI 10 Wind machine
- Simrad quadrant drive AP 24 auto pilot with remote
- Ritchie compass
- Garmin VHF 200 with cockpit command MIC
- ICOM IC 735 SSB with ICOM ATT 2 tuner
- Polyplaner AM/FM/CD WITH iPod input
- High output 80 amp Balmar alternator with smart regulator
- 3 x solar panels
- Blue Sky energy solar boost 2512 I
- 25 amp battery charger
- Honda 2KW Generator (portable) with spare fuel tank (powers air conditioning)
- Xantrex link pro monitor
- 5 x 105 amp hour 12 V AGM batteries (2013)
- 1 x 27 group engine start battery
- ACR battery combiner
- 110 volt electrical system/panel
- 12 V electrical system/panel
- 50' Shore power cord
- Navigation lights
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
The Volvo 43 HP engine was rebuilt in 2000, and has 1500 hours on her since the major rebuild. She runs stronger than ever, and is ready to provide many years of trouble free cruising.
- Volvo 43 HP turbo diesel
- Racor 500 fuel filter with pressure gauge
- Electric and manual bilge pumps
- 6 gallon hot water heater SS
- Pressure water pump
- Sea strainers
“Imagine” is a fine example of the time tested 372 Tartan. She has been maintained and upgraded with an open check book and it shows. If you are in the market for a seaworthy, turnkey cruising sailboat then she is a must see.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.