1993 Hunter Passage
Copy link to a new browser to view virtual tour:
‘PROTEUS’ received a CE certificate (Class A) from the EU and meets or exceeds every standard for long range off shore vessels.
'PROTEUS' is set up for serious off-shore passage making and fully self-sufficient off the grid cruising.
Blue water passage making/island hopping and/or ICW cocktail cruising and/or living aboard...'PROTEUS' has done it all. And can do it all again. Ten thousand (10,000) blue water miles under her keel by the present owners by sailing south from England, then crossing the pond to the Caribbean, then north to Savannah, Ga. 'PROTEUS' is ready to go again. Right now.
Some Highlights: In addition to all the standard goodies that Hunter loads into their yachts, i.e., A/Cs, diesel engine, diesel genset, 'Proteus' has a secondary stainless steel arch over the transom area that supports solar panels, antennas, etc. There is not another one for sale with dual arches.
And: In the last (approx.)24 months all running rigging (halyards, lines and sheets) has been replaced, standing rigging professionally inspected/adjusted, new water closets (2), new whisker/spinnaker pole, new Harken roller furler professionally installed, Plastimo SOLAS 4-man life raft (manufactured August,'15), ACR Satellite 406 EPIRB registered.
- New 3/4" thick floors throughout the vessel.
- Webasto and Dickenson Newport auxiliary heating systems.
- Katadyn Power Survivor water maker (4-6 gph)
- Bow thruster
- Per the Owner, the Yanmar diesel engine was overhauled just prior to his purchase.
- 'Proteus' has dual power systems, 60 cycle, 120 volt (USA type) and 50 cycle, 110 volt (UK/Europe type).
- New LED dome lights throughout the vessel.
Hardly anything else is needed to go blue water sailing again.
Comfortably sleeps (6)- Huge Aft Master Stateroom with center-line Queen berth and private head with separate shower stall and tub. Large private en-suite stateroom forward with double berth and private head w/shower. Dinette converts to a double berth.
Master Cabin-Aft: You will find an island queen size berth that is flanked by hanging wardrobes and drawers large enough for long term living aboard. A desk/vanity is also incorporated. 17 inch LCD television installed in master cabin. The private en-suite head features plenty of storage, beautiful Corian covered vanity and a shower with bath tub.
Guest Cabin-Forward: The guest stateroom with its double berth and private head and shower will please family and friends. Spacious and comfortable, this stateroom also has lots of ventilation and natural light.
Copy link into a new browser: https://www.vieweet.com/RTTGQUKU for a 360 degree view of this beautiful interior.
Vessel is fully air conditioned with 2 systems: 16,000 Btu and 12,000 Btu. Both of which are reverse cycle heating systems as well. In addition, if one wishes to not run the genset when at anchor in cool/cold weather or does not wish to run the ac units in reverse mode, knowing that the ac systems are only decent in an ambient air of plus or minus 15-20 degrees; there is a Webasto diesel fueled ducted heating system fully operable (rebuilt-2014) as well as a Dickenson Newport diesel fueled heating system (presently inoperable: needs a new fuel pump) installed in the main salon.
The galley is complete and well protected to use at sea or at anchor. It is U-shaped and immediate to starboard at the foot of the companionway stairs.
- Gimbaled 3 burner gas stove with oven.
- Refrigeration and freezer with cold plates
- Double stainless steel sinks with cutting board
- Microwave oven
- Water heater
- Hot and Cold pressure water system
- Corian counter tops
- Dockside fresh water inlet with pressure regulator
- 110-volt Marine hot water system with heat exchanger on the engine.
- Katadyn (love that name) Power Survivor 80E water maker (4-6 gph).
- 32 inch plasma television installed in main salon.
- Sony DVD player ad Dolby 5.1 surround sound with subwoofer.
- Pioneer radio/stereo with Bluetooth head unit.
Sails and Rigging
- Isomat main mast with double spreader fractional modified B&R rig (With backstay and reinforced staysail/baby stay)
- New whisker pole added 2015
- Rig-rite spinnaker car on mast track (2015)
- In 2013 Dolphin Sails of Harwich, UK made the full batten mainsail with 2 deep reefs and the 105% furling genoa with sun shield. Dolphin Sails also made the custom Lazy jack double line reefing system.
- 2 Barient #40 sheet winches
- 2 Barient #32 Halyard winches
- Harken ESP Type 2 furling gear (New 2015)
- Mix of Harken and Lewmar blocks
- All halyards, lines and sheets replaced October 2015
- Standing rigging was professionally surveyed/adjusted within the last 6 months.
Deck and Hull
Deck plan is well thought out with wide walk around side decks, aft deck w/access to swim platform with stainless steel swim ladder and large forward deck area. You can easily walk around the entire vessel. The cockpit (with cushions) provides a safe and secure area for crew and/or guests and is covered by Bimini top with side curtains/enclosure.
LPG tank locker is aft w/ LPG regulator and pressure gauge and shut off valves, control is located in galley.
Two (2) stainless steel arches, one over the aft deck immediately aft of the center cockpit with main sheet traveler on top. The other arch is further aft over the transom and supports the twin solar panels and wind vane as well as the dingy davits.
- Outboard motor mount.
- Hot and cold shower built into the transom.
- An abundance of natural ventilation with (5) opening Lewmar deck hatches w/screens and (7) opening ports w/screens.
- Bow thruster.
- Aft mounted rope spool
- Lofrans electric windlass
- chain rode and
- Fortress anchor
- Plastimo SOLAS 4 man life raft manufactured August, 2015
- ISAF/RORC flare packs
- ACR Satellite 406 EPIRB (registered 2015)
- High flow electric bilge pump (new) with backup
- Manual 30 gpm diaphragm bilge pump
- Fire extinguishers (some replaced 2015)
- Winchard jacklines on deck.
- Auxiliary power is a 63hp Yanmar diesel engine, direct drive through a transmission and dripless packing gland.
- Kohler 8 kw diesel generator with approx. 750 hours
- Reported to have performed flawlessly during the present owners 10,000 mile cruise.
- Racor primary fuel filter
- 3 blade bronze prop
Electronics and Electrical Power
- Victron Blue Solar 140 watt solar panel X 2+ 280 watts
- Sun Force Air-X 400 watt wind generator (serviced regularly)
- Kohler 8kw genset
- Heart Freedom Inverter/charger
- 120v/240v-50Hz/60Hz transformer
- 12 volt battery system
- 2 banks of 4 house batteries, approx. 2 years old. Solar panel and wind generator charge both banks. Dedicated cranking battery for the main engine and genset. The 'Smart' charger balances voltage.
- Dedicated battery for the bow thruster is installed under forward berth.
- 120-volt shore power system with cords
- RayMarine AIS-650 radar anti-collision system
- Binnacle compass
- ICOM M505 DSC marine VHF radio
- RayMarine ST50 depth, wind speed/direction and log system
- ST7000 Autopilot (linear drive)
- St4000 Auto helm (backup)
- RayMarine E80 plotter
- Firdell Blipper radar reflector (permanent mast mount)
- Auto helm 600 Nav-center GPS
- RayMarine SL70 radar backup
- KVH sat phone/trac phone included in sale but not installed
- Furuno 207 Weather Fax
Excluded from the sale are personal items and custom artwork.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.