1997 Van De Stadt Fractional Sloop
** SOLD **
This is a custom world cruising boat that Beth Leonard and Evans Starzinger built after completing their first circumnavigation. It was designed and built to be a fast and reliable 'go anywhere' cruising boat, and it has gone everywhere including, round the world, round cape horn, across the southern ocean and above the arctic circle.
It is based on the Van De Stadt Samoa design, but modified to be more stable (added ballast), stronger (double framed), quieter and better insulated (3" of foam insulation), stronger and higher performance rudder, lighter in light ship displacement (core panel interior construction and no teak decks).
It is finished and fit out it as a rugged and reliable expedition 'working boat', with the intent to be as low maintenance as possible, with bare aluminum topsides and a simple 'un-fancy' interior.
We use a Refleks heater to heat the boat, shown with its hotplate and diesel day tank in the bottom photo. This is a great unit for remote high latitude places, as it consumes no electricity and is extremely reliable as it has no moving parts. We keep a tea kettle on the hot plate most of the time in cold weather.
- Dickerson Mediterranean 3 Burner Propane Stove And Oven
- Fresh And Salt Water Foot Pumps
- Seamless Corian Counter Top With Integral Dual Sinks And Fiddles
- Cutting Board, Fits Over Sink
- Two Over Under Sea Berths
- Led Lights
Harken deck package:
- #64 primary winches (2)
- #53 secondary and mainsheet winches (3)
- #46 reefing and control winches (4)
- Harken roller furling
- Lewmar V5 anchor windlass
- Facnor code zero furler
Electronics and Helm
- B&G Hydra instrument system
- B&G Hydra autopilot system
- Robertson autopilot hydraulic drive plus a spare
- Furuno GP-7000 GPS plotter
- Vesper watchmate AIS transceiver class B
- Vetus barograph
- Icom IC-m502 DSC VHF
- Furuno 841 MK-2 radar
- Sony all band HF/SSB receiver
- 600 watt inverter
- Edson cobra drag link steering
- Riche compass
Engine Details, Electrical & Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 75hp 4JH2-HTE
- Stock alternator and 100 amp Balmar alternator
- Honda 1000 gasoline generator
- 20" Autoprop
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Mechanical Disclaimer
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.