2003 Hunter 426 Deck Saloon
** SOLD **
Daydream is a pullman forward berth model that is loaded with everything the serious passage maker needs. This Hunter 426 Deck Saloon offers the space and accommodations normally found in much larger boats. She is bright, airy and spacious below with plenty of storage. Coupled with easy single handed sailing capability and excellent sailing performance, Daydream is perfect for day sailing, long passage making or a live-a-board.
Easy single handling with in mast roller furling, main roller furling headsail and all lines lead aft to the cockpit. Ideal for sailing with limited crew, excellent performance on all points of sail make her an excellent passage maker. Daydream is a responsive, fun boat to sail and also worthy of competition racing.
Fact, you will not find another Hunter 426 DS loaded like Daydream. Her options and equipment reflect her historic log of long passage making trips.
The Hunter 426 DS, with its spacious accommodations generally seen only on much larger boats, sports a "bow hollow" forward creating a longer waterline for increased speed and lift. The underbody aft also has a stern reflect for a flatter exit, resulting in enhanced stability and reduced wake characteristics. She offers an extremely comfortable living space, featuring swing-out companionway doors to the interior, upholstered salon settees and a high gloss dinette table big enough to serve the entire crew. Aft cabin, salon and forward cabin have reverse cycle air conditioning and heat.
The salon is open with seven large fixed windows with shades and a large centered hatch with shade/screens. There is a Sharp Aquos 15" flat screen TV w/ Bose sound system. A u-shaped dinette seats six with the leaf and there is a custom full sit down teak nav station. The nav station houses a 2nd RL 80 display, a ST290 data display, a Icom 802 SSB, a Icom 602 VHF and a stereo system.. A convertible double dinette plus the facing full settee provide sleeping for seven total. The headroom is 6'6". Bose 3.2.1 DVD/CD/FM/AM entertainment system. Overhead fluorescent lighting throughout below deck. 2 reading lights. Courtesy floor lighting. 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning/heat.
The huge galley is L-shaped with stainless steel appliances, upgraded heavily insulated (air & water cooled) top loading freezer and separate front loading refrigerator, recessed double stainless steel sinks, chrome multi-function faucet, demand water pump, Force 10 SS propane 2 burner stove w/ oven & shutoff solenoid, and a microwave. Corian countertops, large pantry w/ shelving, slide out pantry, four drawers, three storage cabinets, three shelf spice rack, in-counter trash bin, under sole storage bin, lighted dish self-draining storage cabinet. Also, there is a SeaGull microbiological drinking water filter for cooking which saves the fresh water in tanks for drinking. Fire extinguisher & fire blanket.
The guest stateroom is the pullman berth. It is located forward on centerline w/ private head ensuite to port with enclosed shower. There is a hatch for fresh air. To starboard is a cedar lined hanging locker. The berth is a 6'10" v-berth w/ innerspring mattress. There is ample side shelving and 6'3" of headroom. Both heads onboard are vacuum pump w/ manual control for efficiency. 3 reading lights. 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning/heat.
Located aft you will find the Master Stateroom w/ private head ensuite with enclosed shower. The berth features a queen innerspring mattress. There is a lighted vanity mirror, cedar lined hanging locker, storage locker with drawers, library shelves, padded headboard, hatch for fresh air, and a combination washer/dryer. An ST90 instrument head is mounted by the headboard to monitor conditions while at anchor without having to leave the stateroom. 3 reading lights. 12,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning/heat.
Yanmar diesel 56 hp engine model 4JH3E. There is 360 degree access by lifting up and removing the companionway steps and aft stateroom vanity. The engine is well maintained and recently serviced w/ the valves checked and adjusted. An automatic Halon fire suppression system is located in the engine compartment.
A new Panda genset has just been installed May 2015 and is located under the nav station seat.
- Main house battery bank pf 6 golf cart batteries
- One main engine start battery
- One genset start battery
- Bow thruster battery @ anchor locker bulkhead
- 12 volt electric panel doubled to handle add'l equipment
- The main alternator is an upgraded 110 amp Balmar
Deck and Sails
The decks are wide providing easy access forward. Stainless steel grab rails extend well forward of the mast to provide confident, safe movement when underway. A large foredeck makes handling dock lines easy. Ground tackle is located in a deep well forward and easily accessible. The electric windlass is recessed with deck switches. Aft stern seats.
- Full feathering reverse prop
- Standard bilge pump plus add'l larger backup emergency pump
- Dual 110 volt x 30 amp shore power w/ 2 cords & 50 amp converter cord
- Freedom 2500 charger/inverter
- 2 Xantrex galvanic isolators
- Smoke detectors & Carbon monoxide detectors in each stateroom
- In hull docking lights
- 6 man life raft mounted on the coach roof w/ an aluminum cradle plus 406 EPIRB
- Foredeck light
- Kevlar hull reinforcement from bow to keel
- Dual offset anchor rollers
- 360 degree rubrail in SS mounted extrusion
- Dockside fresh water hookup
- Hot & Cold pressure transom shower
- 8 SS cleats
- 6 opening deck hatches, 4 with screens
- 6 opening ports w/ screens
- Double lifelines w/ three gates
- Hinged helm seat for access to swim platform
- Swim platform w/ telescoping SS ladder
- SS handrails extend to the foredeck
- MaxGuard UV-inhibited gelcoat
- Molded-in gray non-skid deck surface
- Winged, shoal draft antimonial lead keel
- New bottom paint April 2015
- Dual windlasses w/ foot switches
- Anchor locker also houses an anchor float marker & raw water wash down hose/connection
- Dual bow anchor bracket w/ 65 lb. Plough anchor & 75 lb. CQR anchor w/ 200' of new 5/16 chain for each
- 45 lb. Fortress stern anchor
- Custom offshore EZ@CY Lexan 5 panel dodger of 1.5" SS tubing
- 2 wind generator posts w/ 2 heavy duty davits attached for the dinghy
- 2 x 30 amp Kiss wind generators
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Selden B&R double swept back spreader fractional rig w/ inmast furling main w/ jib pole track and adjustable jib pole
- Roller furled headsail
- Geniker sail
- Deck spreader lights on the first set
- Selden solid adjustable boom vang
- Mainsail sheetline has an electric winch
- Harken Genoa roller furling
- Harken ball bearing mainsheet traveler on SS arch
- SS shrouds & turnbuckles
- Internal halyard leading to cockpit
- 8 spinlock sheet stoppers/2 each 4 gang
- 2 Harken 46 ST 2 speed Genoa winches
- 2 Harken 40 ST 2 speed rigging winches one electric
- Dutchman boom brake/preventer
- Spinnaker/spare halyard
- Dual flag halyards
- Inboard genoa tracks w/ cars
The fully enclosed cockpit is exceptionally roomy, without obstructions, and provides ease of movement. Its coamings are tall and properly angled which makes its aft seats ergonomically correct and very comfortable. There are plenty of hold and brace points. The seats are long with ample room to stretch out. The cockpit is big enough for six adults to sit comfortably and two long teak trimmed stern pulpit seats can hold four more. The custom hard top bimini provides for extended season sailing and marina comfort unheard of on most boats. The heavy duty stainless steel bimini frame is designed and well suited for inclement weather use. It has SS 1.5" tubing w/ a 5/16 fiberglass deck w/ 4 large Bomar ports for monitoring the sail plan while underway. In addition, five 2 x 4 feet solar panels are mounted on top along w/ the radar tower w/ gimbaled 4Kw radar pod. This cockpit has been designed for truly comfortable sailing and cannot be matched.
- 2 Cockpit aft lazarette storage lockers plus 1 HUGE sail locker
- 2 large stern swim platform storage lockers
- Double stern pulpit seats w/ drink holders
- Tail storage wells
- Cockpit grab rail and fold out table
- Secure Companionway locking doors and sliding hatch
- White Sunbrella cockpit enclosure w/ brand new zippers
- Dual ST2-90 plus ST2-50 rudder and wind angle instruments over companionway
- Stereo speakers in arch above helm
- Cable/Telephone receptacle
Manufacturers Description: Designed by Glenn Henderson, this innovative cruiser handles easily for single handed sailing and has excellent sailing performance on blue water. This Hunter, like the successful 356 model, features the performance oriented hull and carries the beam well aft without hindering the performance or seakeeping ability. Her creative layout allows for two full staterooms with two full ensuite heads with separate shower stalls.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
Helm And Electronics
The helm provides a good viewing angle over the coach roof.
- Full Yanmar engine instrumentation console
- Whitlock oversized helm pedestal w/ instrument pods & helm cover
- Whitlock direct drive steering w/ single lever engine/transmission control
- Raymarine ST7001 Auto Pilot w/ remote @ helm
- Raymarine RL80 Color GPS/Chartplotter @ helm & nav station
- Raymarine ST90 Knot, Depth, Speed & Wind
- Icom 602 VHF remote mike at helm
- Icom 802 SSB
- Global Star Sat Phone at navigation station
- Bow thrusters
- SeaMe radar repeater
Also aboard are 3 x 10 pound oversize Halon fire extinguishers, 2 complete scuba setups, 6 large boat fenders, 2 foam fender boards, & bridles for rigging. The flares and safety equipment meet requirements of Caribe 1500 Cruising Rally including 6 offshore Type 1 life jackets and 4 near shore Type 3 for the dinghy. Charts/maps East Coast & Caribbean w/ CMAP chip for the RL80 nav system. 2 full offshore/cruising medical kit and ditch bag. Man overboard recovery block & tackle, boarding ladder, sail repair kit, hull repair kit, fire alarm.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.