2002 Rosborough 246 Sedan Cruiser
** SOLD **
The RF-246 is designed and constructed for ultimate usability and versatility. The stable, seaworthy, Atlantic hull provides safety, comfort, and economical ease of operation. The accommodation areas provide spacious cruising and/or living aboard operation. The helm and control center offers adequate areas for navigation and electronics, with maximum all around visibility through large windows, and easy accessibility to the deck, through the traditional pilot doors. Traditional pilot doors offering access to the foredeck, ventilation and easy docking. The main cabin is surrounded by tempered safety glass windows offering great visibility in all directions. For those who need a little more space, the main cabin provides 6’5” of head room. The galley is complete, offering a two burner stove, sink, hot/cold water, and a fridge. Construction methods and materials used in the RF-246 ensure minimum maintenance as well as maximum longevity and durability. All integrate framing and bulkheads etc. are molded fiberglass with only the best materials. All fastening and assembly is completed with high grade stainless steel and quality marine adhesives. Interior finish is keeping with the no maintenance construction and finish is warmly accented by teak moldings and trim provide a pleasant and bright atmosphere. Large walk around decks and roofs with non-skid surfaces, provide safe, enjoyable boating whether you’re 30 miles at sea, gunk holing the coast or cruising the canals and lakes.
The Atlantic sea hull incorporates a combination of the best features of many East Coast designs. The center keel provides extreme stability while the straight flat run aft ensures a good turn of speed economically. The full bow sections and shallow fore foot allow for both soft entry, comfortable bearing up while heading into or running with the seas. The RF-246 has been especially designed to allow for the modern benefits of both outboards and stern drive power as well as easy usability.
- One piece hand layered solid construction fiberglass with integral gun whale flange and floor/furniture liner.
- Deck and floors are sandwich core constructed with molded non-skid surfaces.
- Interior finish coatings are waxed, fire-retardant providing maintenance free safety and moisture resistance.
- Fastenings are high grade stainless steel. All permanent assembly is marine grade adhesives.
- All semi-permanent assembly is with high grade adhesives.
- Interior trim is finished with teak moldings.
- Windows are tempered safety glass in molded fiberglass frames.
- Opening windows are aluminum frame manufactured.
- Deck hardware and rails, etc. are all stainless steel.
- Rub rails are extruded from H.D. rubber. Door sliders and spray rails are all poly plastic.
- Through hulls are bronze/stainless steel ball valves below waterline.
- Fuel tank is marine grade aluminum.
- 100% flotation
- One Piece hand-laid hull
- Fiberglass stringer system
- 100% positive floatation
- Molded non-skid decks
- Fire retardant Interior finish
- Tempered safety glass windows
- Self-bailing cockpit with port and starboard scuppers
- Heavy duty rub rail and spray rail
- Wheelhouse back with sliding door
- Helm and companion sliding pilot house doors
- Anchor rope locker and deck plate
- Four 10” stainless steel cleats with backing plate
- Stainless steel hand rails on cabin tops
- Stainless steel bow pulpit, bollard and chocks
- Stainless steel bow tow eye
- 120 US Gal aluminum fuel tank
- 40 US Gal poly water tank
- 33 US Gal black water tank with monitor
- Companion helm seat is not adjustable
- Double helm seat is not adjustable
- Dinette Settee/berth with 3“ cushions
- Drawers under dinette settee and helm seat
- 4” V-berth cushion with filler cushions (7’ berth)
- V-berth table that converts for berth support
- Opening screened port in head
- V-berth skylight hatch with screen
- Hanging locker with teak door
- Stowage shelves in v-berth
- Head curtain with
- Stainless steel steering wheel
- Hydraulic steering
- 12v interior lights
- 12v navigation lights
- 3” bilge blower
- Helm heavy duty windshield wiper
- 12v bilge pump with 3 way switch
- High water bilge alarm
- 12v horn
- 4” illuminated compass
- 12 gang illuminated DC panel
- Blue Sea battery management switch
- 12v Marine Battery System
- Four 12v auxiliary power ports
- Manual marine toilet & holding tank
- Galley with propane stove, sink (pressurized cold water), and 12v/110v refrigerator
- Solid roof extension over cockpit with aft supports
- Cockpit deck hatch
- Transom tow eyes
- Two tiny step storage boxes at pilot doors
- Cockpit Storage Locker
- Transom storage locker with cushion
- Storage shelf in head
- Interior blue removable carpet
- Overhead dash for mounting
- Shore power 0 Amp package with 50’ cord & 4 x 120v outlets
- Two V-berth reading lights
- Dockside water hookup
- Electric trim tabs
- Roof mount air conditioning 13,000 Btu rev. cycle
- 6 gal hot water heater
- Stainless steel sink in head
- Screened opening center window
- (2) rod holders in cockpit coaming
- Armstrong ½ transom single outboard with bracked / 3 step ladder
The 246 is a wonderful small pocket cruiser. Enter the cockpit and you are covered by a full overhead extension supported well. The cockpit offers an aft and a forward starboard aft facing storage box with seat cushions. Along the port side is the propane locker with a cushioned seat. You enter the main cabin by way of a sliding door. To port is the galley area with storage cabinets and drawers, ample counter top spaces, stainless steel sink, a two burner propane stove, and a built in refrigerator. Across from the galley and to starboard is the dinette area. The settee face fore and aft and the table converts into a double berth. The main cabin offers excellent natural light through large side and aft windows. The helm area is forward with a single companion seat to starboard and a double helm seat. There are port and starboard pilot house sliding doors and small storage boxes double as steps. The helm offers excellent visibility and you can easily maneuver forward along the side decks with stainless steel hand rails. Down a few steps and forward is the v-berth cabin. Immediately to port is a hanging locker. To starboard is the head compartment with stainless steel sink and a manual marine toilet. Access into the helm electrical is offered through a fiberglass panel. The v-berth is large and a filler cushion makes it into a large double berth. Overhead is a hatch with screens and along the outboard sides are storage shelves and cubby holes.
ACCOMMODATIONS: In addition to those listed above, these are each section in detail.
- Force 10 two burner propane stove top with cover
- Ample counter top spaces with fiddles
- Nova-Kool dual voltage refrigerator built into the cabinet
- Single stainless steel sink with single lever faucet and sprayer
- Ritchie Powerdamp compass
- Raytheon Sport Pilot autopilot, disconnected
- Raytheon ST 40 depth indicator
- ICOM IC-M504 VHF radio with DSC
- Garmin GPS Map 18C color chart plotter
- Weem and Plath brass clock and barometer
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC with separate circuit breaker panels
- 30 Amp shore power with cord
- 12 volt windshield wiper at helm
- 13,000 BTU overhead AC with heating strips
- 10 gallon stainless steel hot water heater
- Yamaha Performance Series 150 hp outboard, 3 stroke
- Armstrong mounting bracket on transom
- Yamaha Remote Control throttle control with safety switch
- Yamaha instrumentation for speed and tach with various smart modes
- Stainless steel 3 blade propeller
- Remote fuel filter and remote oil tank
NEW blue bottom paint applied 4/14. In the water and ready to go. Don’t miss this great pocket cruiser.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.