1984 President Nassau 34 Cutter
** SOLD **
This boat was under contract at 20,000 when she had a partial sinking. Under the fresh water less than 5 hours! Water to just above the salon floor. Did not get into the engine! Needs some TLC to get her back into her glory. Insurance settled so seller just wants someone to make a reasonable offer and restore her.
MAKE A REASONABLE AS IS OFFER NOW!
Built in Taiwan by President Yachts, and designed by George Stadtel, the Nassau 34 is a full keeled cutter rigged sailboat with a unique canoe stern and excellent sailing characteristics. ARIEL is a capable blue water sailboat to take you away to the lands you dream of.
The original owners purchased ARIEL after seeing her at the Chicago Boat Show. After the show they went on a two hour sea trial, fell in love and purchased her. They cruised the Great Lakes from 1984-1991 and then brought her to North Carolina. Now cruising local waters, ARIEL is now available for sale.
All interior wood is cherry and offers louvered doors, and rounded doors. Beautiful woodwork and matching fabrics show well.
Enter into the cockpit thru either the port or starboard boarding gates and into the cockpit. The cockpit is large and has thick cockpit cushions. Under the cushions are deep storage lazarettes and the CNG locker. The helm is well situated and visibility is excellent. The companionway doors are louvered teak and there are also teak boards. Down the companionway steps and to port is the “U” shaped galley features a top and front load refrigerator, double sinks, and ample storage. To starboard is the navigation station, electrical panel and the quarter berth. The berth has several storage cabinets with louvered doors along the outboard side. Use of the berth mattress edge acts as the navigation station seat. The main salon is forward and features an “L” shaped settee to port and a long settee to starboard. The starboard settee will convert into upper and lower berths and the port settee converts into a double berth. Forward on the bulkhead is a fold-down cherry table revealing bookcase storage behind. Outboard of both settees are fore and aft cabinets with louvered doors while separated by a bookcase. Overhead is a beautiful butterfly skylight. Further forward and through a privacy door is the head compartment to port with mirror, molded fiberglass vanity and manual JABSCO toilet. Across is a hanging locker. Through another privacy door is the forward cabin with “V” berth, outboard storage lockers with louvered doors, storage shelving, overhead hatch and opening ports.
The “U” shaped galley is large and features superb storage and food preparation areas to please the discriminating onboard chef.
- Double stainless steel sinks with faucets and hand pump
- Formica countertops with matching sink cover
- Forward-port side in counter storage container, removable for cleaning
- Gimbaled CNG stainless steel stove with 2 burners
- Adler-Barbour 12V refrigeration/freezer with top and front loading refrigerator
- 12 Volt DC and 120 Volt AC power
- Power distribution panel aft of navigation station with 13 DC and 4 AC breakers
- Battery selector switch at panel
- 30 Amp shore power connection with cord and adapters
- Polaris AM/FM/Cassette radio with remote speakers
- 12 volt, 100 Amp battery charger
- 12 volt bonding system to all chain plates, thru-hulls, engine, steering, and zinc anodes
- 12 volt interior lights, navigation lights, bow light, deck light and masthead
- 10 gallon hot water heater with engine heat exchanger
- Danforth compass at navigation station and helm
- ICOM ICM422 VHF radio with DSC at navsta
- Furuno radar display at navsta
- Furuno 24 miles radar dome mounted on mast
- Magnavox MX100 GPS Navigator at navsta
- Horvet 4 sailing monitor
- Hecta depth monitor
- Helm wind, depth and speed indicators
Access to the engine is under the companionway steps. The cockpit deck can be removed if needed for major repairs.
- Yanmar diesel engine, model 32M30S, 30 hp with 1950 hours
- Fresh water cooled with tach and alarms at helm
- Stainless steel engine muffler
- Engine controls at pedestal
- Racor primary fuel filter
- 1” stainless steel shaft and bronze 3 blade 18” x 13” propeller
- Teak steering wheel with teak spokes and stainless steel rim
- Fuel lines are copper lines
- One piece molded fiberglass hull of mat and woven fiberglass
- One piece molded fiberglass deck
- Hull to deck joint is flanged with ¼” stainless steel bolts on 5” centers
- Teak cap rail with and internal secondary bonding with mat and roving
- Laminated oval spruce bowsprit
- Teak bow pulpit with stainless steel rim, supports and anchor roller
- DELTA plow primary anchor with 100 ft of chain and 300 ft of rope rode
- Molded anchor locker in foredeck
- (4) 10” stainless steel cleats at bow
- (2) 10” stainless steel cleats at stern
- Teak and acrylic overhead hatches with screens
- Teak butterfly skylight hatch in main cabin
- Teak companionway doors with hatch boards, matching screen insert
- Teak grating in cockpit and heads
- Teak grab rails in cabin top
- (3) Vetus cowl vents, (2) clam vents and an UFO ventilator
- (9) opening ports with screens
- Stainless steel double bow and stern pulpits
- Double life lines with 1” stainless steel stanchions secured to deck with (6) deep screws
- Boarding gates port and starboard
Sails & Rigging
All standing rigging was recently inspected and found to be in good condition. Chain plates were re-worked in 2011. Mast was re-stepped in 2011 for internal wiring and wind instrument in mast.
- Sail Area 600 sq ft
- (2) Barlow #20 jib sheet winches
- (3) Barlow #15 halyard winches
- Barlow #15 mainsheet winch
- Yacht Specialties pedestal steering with mainsheet led to pedestal guard
- TM (Japan) spars, silver anodized
- Stepped mast with 2 inch stainless steel compression post mounted on top of ballast
- (4) sheave masthead assembly with spinnaker horns
- internal wire halyards with rope tails and internal topping lift
- (8) stainless steel cleats for halyards and sheets
- Harken roller furling on genoa and jib
- Boom equipped with four sheaves and cam cleats for 2 reefing points and outhaul
- Nico Fico track and roller car travelers for staysail and main sheets
- Genoa “T” tracks with Schaefer fairleads on cap rails port and starboard
- Fairleads and triple stopper for main halyard, main outhaul, and staysail traveler control
- Sunbrella Blue sail and hatch covers new in 2011
- Sunbrella Blue Bimini, dodger and Eisenglass new in 2011
- Sunbrella Blue cockpit cushions and helm cover new in 2011
Sails are original sails but have been reconditioned and are in great shape. All sails are triple stitched with multipatched corners.
- 7 oz main sail with 2 reef points and cover
- 6 oz jib topsail with cover
- 6 oz staysail, self-tending with cover
Elderly sellers have let ARIEL get away from them. She is in need of minor clean up and some minor repairs. Sturdy and sails well, ARIEL is not to be missed.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.