1985 Nauticat 40 Pilothouse Cutter
A beautiful example of a go-anywhere vessel! Built in Finland by Nauticat. Teak Decks, dual steering stations,
Extremely well equipped and very well maintained. New bottom paint July 2015. Please see specs for detailed information. Located in the Pacific Northwest and ready for her new owners to explore any horizon.
Forward Guest Stateroom: Offset double berth with small settee to port. Just aft is starboard guest head w/marine toilet, shower and vanity sink. Lower Salon & Galley: Galley to port, LPG 2 burner Force 10 stove/oven, built in SeaWard M-100 microwave, ample storage areas. Top loading refrigerator with (new 2015) Dometic refrigeration unit. Double stainless steel sinks with cover. Hot and cold pressure water. Built in blender/coffee grinder. To starboard private dinette area convertible to double berth w/ privacy curtains, w/ custom mattress.
Upper Salon and Pilot House: To port is a large sit down and look out settee. Opposite to starboard is the inside helm w/ navigation instruments above chart table. Built in Engel MT45F freezer compartment, cd/stereo/tuner with speaker in upper and lower salons. Floor hatch covers readily removed for full access to battery boxes, engine, fuel polishing system, hot water tank, fuel selection valves.
Aft Master Stateroom: Spacious master stateroom with centerline queen berth, storage all around, writing desk, settee to port. To starboard is the master head, vanity sink, w/ separate shower stall. . Master stateroom includes cd/stereo/tuner with Bose speakers.
Various Appointments: Teak and holly cabin sole throughout, standard bulb reading lights plus Alpenglow high- efficiency lights throughout. Combination of over hatches, opening ports, dorade ventilators, opening side windows in the pilot house and fans maximize ventilation. New upholstery in the upper station and
gallery dinette, tiled shower floors, 6’1” to 6’7” head room.
Helm & Electronics
- Nexus wind/speed/depth instruments mounted in cockpit w/ repeater at inside helm.
- Suunto D615 ship’s compass on steering pedestal.
- Raytheon R80 Path finder radar w/ radome mounted on mainmast.
- Garmin 526 GPS w/NMEA 2000 networked to Simrad auto pilot
- Garmin GPSMAP 172 with in hull depth sensor
- Garmin GDS20 depth sounder
- Garmin 300 AIS receiver
- ICOM VHF AIS display
- ICOM 506-31 VHF.
- Simrad AP2802VRF auto pilot (AP28, AC42 with RC42) system located on cockpit pedestal and AP28 located at inside helm
- Lifeline 8-D AGM house batteries (~ 765AH) installed 2012.
- Optima engine battery isolated w/ Heart Echo charger (2012).
- Xantrex SW 2012 Pure Sine Wave charger/ inverter (installed 2014) and SCP controller display
- A 165 Amp alternator controlled by Balmar MC614 digital regulator.
- 30 amp shore power system w/ 50’ cord.
- Galvanic isolator.
- Cruising Equipment energy monitor.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel & teak bow platform w/ integral single heavy-duty anchor roller.
- Maxwell RC12-10 electric anchor windlass with foot switch control and remote control (new 2012).
- 20kg Bruce primary anchor, 200’ HT chain and 200’ nylon rode.
- Anchor snubber/bridle system.
- Foredeck flush hatch for access to anchor gear, washdown pump, LPG bottle.
- Fixed stainless steel boarding ladder
- Custom full –width cockpit dodger
- Typical Nauticat mainsheet traveler system moved to forward. FRP steering pedestal w/ stainless steel guard, bow thruster control and autopilot control.
- Morse single-level engine control (pedestal and inside helm).
- Suunto binnacle compass, VDO tachometer, depth (2), wind multifunction display in cockpit wall.
- Force 10 large LPG B-B-Q custom mounted at aft deck.
- Misc. on deck equipment includes, Life Sling, horseshoe buoy, small Danforth anchor.
- Removable teak cockpit table w/ pedestal stand.
- Forespar Nova stainless steel dinghy davit system w/two-direction extra bracing at transom.
- SeaEagle 10.6SR dinghy with 6 Hp Tohatsu motor.
Sails & Rigging
- Silver-anodized aluminum spar system; keel stepped, double spreader mast w/ internal halyards.
- T-Track on front of mast w/sheaves top and bottom for pole and lift system.
- Stainless Steel 1X19 standing rigging w/turnbuckles and swaged terminals.
- Split backstays, running backstays and removable staysail stay w/storage system.
- Stainless steel rail & blocks for self-tending small jib.
- Harken Big-Boat 6:1 heavy duty adjustable mainsheet traveler system forward of dodger
- Selden “Racing Equipment” rod-kicker mechanical vang system.mechanical vang system.
- Profurl NC42 Titanium headsail furling system w/ furling line led aft.
- Forespar whisker pole.
- Winches include (2) Lewmar 48 BST primaries; (1) Lewmar 30 CST housetop for mainsheet; (3) Anderson #16 & (1) #28 2-speed at mast.
- Windex at masthead.
- Original Genoa.
- Asymmetrical cruising spinnaker w/sock.
- UK self-tacking staysail.
- Original mainsail w/ full-batten & Dutchman sail-flaking system.
Engine And Mechnical
- Engine room double insulated for noise reduction.
- New heat exchanger, oil and transmission coolers 2010.
- New motor mounts 2014.
- Vetus Flexible Shaft Couple, new donuts 2014.
- Exhaust manifold replaced 2014.
- Gulf Coast F1 fuel polishing system.
- PSS dripless shaft seal-replaced 2014
- SpeedSeal impeller bearing and cover.
- MaxProp 3 blade feathering prop-annually serviced.
- Wesmar 12v bow thruster with controls at pedestal.
- Webasto Air Top 5000 forced-air diesel-fired furnace.
- Fuel tank(s) access port
Overall condition for a 30-year-old boat is excellent.
Pyxis had annual haul for new bottom paint, new zincs hull, (2) shaft, (1) bow thruster July 2015.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.