1987 Custom 48 Cutter
Started in 1987; completed and launched in 2004. Approx. 200 hours, new toilet, new batteries. Unusual layout, aft cockpit with ample room in interior includes aft stateroom.
The forward v-berth stateroom is quite large, just aft is the head/shower. Seating in the salon and also a table with seating. Galley is rear salon starboard side, entry to master is aft port side.
Exterior: Cutter rig with stern cockpit. Hull; faceted displacement type with fin keel and rudder, raked stern, whale-back sheer and reversed transom stern. Dock; flush main deck from bow to stern, recessed cockpit amidships and at stern, low profile trunk cabin style with a great deck area.
- Cutter rig with stern cockpit
- Hull; faceted displacement type with fin keel and rudder, raked stem, whale back sheer and reversed transom stern decks and superstructure
- Decks & Superstructure; Flush main deck from bow to stern, recessed cockpits amidships and at stern, low profile trunk cabin from near the bow aft to the stern cockpit.
- Main deck overhangs the hull from amidships to the stern providing greater deck area than would normally be provided by the vessel's narrow beam
- Single level cabin with partitions between various spaces
- Staterooms; fore and aft
- Heads; One forward with separate shower stall
- Galley; Aft end of main cabin starboard side
- Dinette; Main cabin
- Salon; Main cabin
- Helm; Aft cockpit
- Hull skin material and type cosmetic finish; Welded aluminum, ¼” thickness, painted cosmetic finish
- Hull grid system layout and materials; Closely spaced aluminum flat bars welded longitudinally to hull plating
- Hull deck joint; Welded aluminum
- Decks and superstructure materials and type cosmetic finish; Welded aluminum painted cosmetic finish