1981 Hatteras 42 Long Range Cruiser
** SOLD **
This Hatteras 42 Long Range Cruiser is the Mark II series, the updated version of the original 42 LRC series run which had been in production since 1976. Her updated aft deck design and spacious interior makes living aboard during long runs a true pleasure. Her twin GM 4-53N (143 hrs. since rebuild) diesels give her a range of 1158+ miles with a 10% reserve at 7.5 kts. using just 4.4 gph (verified by the current owner) making this a true blue water passage vessel. So if you’re ready to do the loop, cruise the Bahamas, or travel to Central America look no further. The Hatteras 42 LRC has a cult like following and with only 29 manufactured they are hard to find. This boat is ready to go cruising whenever you are, what are you waiting for? Give me a call and I’ll get you started on your adventure.
- Entering from port side
- Forward on portside is a L-shaped settee that converts into a full size bed.
- Starboard is a dining area with folding table
- The lower helm is located also in this space
- Galley is up and starboard aft with stainless steel sink, cook top and oven.
- Norcold refrigerator is new July 2011.
- Emerson microwave
- Is aft with walk around queen size bed
- Many drawers for storage on both port and starboard bed sides plus along both bulkheads
- Portside has a hanging locker and starboard has the head and shower combination
- Is forward and has 2 twin beds and a shower/head combination
- Storage under bunks
- The forward companionway houses the washer/dryer combination to SB.
- The helm seat has 2 individual adjoining chairs and a bench seat at the rear of the area.
- New Lowrance Elite 7-M Chart Plotter
- Furuno Radar
- Lowrance LG X-16 plotter
- ICOM M502 VHF
- Furuno GPS navigator GP-31
- Electrical panels are located in aft companionway S.B.
- 9kW Norpro Generator (944.6 hrs.) is new on Feb 2010
- Inverter 3000 Watt
Engine and Mechanical
- Detroit Diesels DD 4-53 with 143 Hrs since rebuild
- Life raft
- Electric windlass
- New Pump for Master head Vacu Flush toilet
- Bottom job December 2012
- Both engines rebuilt March 2013
- 9 kW Norpro Generator new 2010
- Norcold refrigerator new July 2011
- New Mercury dinghy with 5 hp 4 stroke Tohatsu OB
- 60 amp battery charger new Oct 2011
- 3-8D batteries new Oct 2011
- 4 golf cart batteries for inverter Dec 2011