2000 Hinckley TALARIA 44 EX
INDEPENDENCE is a well equipped, lightly used boat. See the listing specs for more information. Priced to sell Now!
Steering SystemJoystick Control
HULL & DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Cream gelcoat deck & cabintop with molded-in nonskid
- Double white Awlgrip boottop
- Black bottom - Stripped and redone -Winter 2016
- DualGuard(®) Composite Construction and SCRIMP® process. Hinckley's DualGuard construction has a skin coat of chopped E-glass mat in low shrink vinylester resin, an outer skin of Kevlar/E-glass, a core of end grain resin-sealed aircraft grade balsa and high-density foam, and an inner skin of carbon fiber.
In such areas as the hull/deck connecting flange, jet intakes, and all through-hull fittings, the core is eliminated and the hull massively reinforced with additional layers of fiberglass. A reinforcement stringer system of carbon is inserted into the hull, and the completed laminate (hull stringer system) is then SCRIMPed. The patented SCRIMP process, an advanced, closed-molding, resin infusion technique, uses a strong vacuum to saturate or infuse the "sandwich" with vinylester resin in a single step. Marelon ball-valve type seacocks are then installed flush with the hull. The hull shell is supported by a combination of foam cored FRP stiffeners laminated to the primary hull, and structural bulkheads.
These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, greater hull strength against impact damage, and thermal insulation.
- Pilothouse roof has a custom hinged Hinckley mast (painted to match house) that supports a flag halyard, anchor/steaming light, antennas, air horn and aft deck flood light. This mast can tilt back to facilitate low bridge passage.
- Varnished teak handrails on the pilothouse top and cabin trunk provide easy access for boarding the boat or for going to the foredeck.
- Vanished teak grab rail on aft end of pilothouse top.
- (7) Lewmar Ocean aluminum hatches with smoke gray Lexan with Stamoid Ivory covers
- (6) Trunk cabin opening port lights with removable screens
- Stainless steel chocks and mooring cleats
- Wichard folding padeyes & chafe strips for fender & Docklines
- Stainless steel deck scuppers
- Outboard self-draining deck locker for 2 propane storage bottles
- Ingenious molded foredeck locker has a custom stainless steel anchor arm that can be pivoted to deck launch position. Remote control for anchor windlass as well as control at helm station makes anchoring this boat simple. The anchor also can be pinned in place or pivoted back into the locker for a clean look. A saltwater deck wash is in the foredeck locker.
Entry to the cockpit is either from the side or through the transom. A centerline transom door with stainless steel clasp opens on to the swim platform.
Port and starboard aft-facing settees are covered in Stout Brothers Arabella #4 Hunter fabric and have weather covers.
- Varnished teak cockpit coamings
- Cockpit sole with stainless steel scuppers
- Removable teak boarding step for side decks that can be used port or starboard
- Swim platform with teak inserts and a “hideaway” stainless steel swim ladder under swim platform
- Cockpit step light
- Fresh water shower with hot/cold water under side deck
- Fishing rod holders on aft deck sides with drains
- Removable stainless steel arm inserts in a fishing rod holder to hold up the shore power cord
- Glendinning electric shore power cord
- Ivory Stamoid cockpit cover fastens to pilothouse top & fastens with snaps
- Sunbrella weather covers for exterior cushions
Storage is provided in the cockpit by a locker on the aft deck and by a cockpit sole hatch accessed locker.
Pilothouse layout includes:
- Forward - Stidd 500N powered helm seats in the helm area (starboard) and navigator area (port).
- Aft - Of the port chair is a L-shaped settee that has a varnished teak table with a Ivory Stamoid padded protective cover. This table is mounted on a pedestal and can powered up and down and form an additional bunk with cushion. To starboard is a second L-shaped settee with a custom bolster cushion.
The pilothouse can be enclosed with an aft 3-piece drop curtain in inclement weather.
Pilothouse features include:
- Varnished teak pilothouse sides, dash and coaming
- Varnished teak table on Stidd chrome pedestal with power up-down with padded Ivory Stamoid protective cover (can convert to a bunk with cushion) and padded storage bag.
- Stidd 500N Ultra Leather Killimanjaro covered helm seats port and starboard – Both seats to have forward/aft power on chrome pedestals and the port seat to have power up-down control and a footrest.
- Custom bolster cushion on the starboard side of the pilothouse
- Enclosure: Pilothouse 3-piece drop-down curtain with door and clear windows
- Pilothouse cushions are finished in Stout Brothers Arabella #4 Hunter fabric
- Ivory Stamoid fabric interior window covers for all pilothouse windows
- Marineair air conditioning
- (2) Cockpit stereo speakers
The Pilothouse has 3 forward, tempered glass, fixed windows with windshield wipers & washers. The pilothouse side windows slide open giving the helmsmen and crewmembers additional communication to the dock and increased ventilation. All pilothouse windows are green tinted.
- White noise-absorbent overhead with varnished teak trim
- (2) Overhead opening hatches above for excellent ventilation
- Overhead halogen lamps on dimmers provide lighting.
- Aft pilothouse exterior teak handrail
Forward to port is the Navigator/passenger's Area with gloss varnished dash that has a custom lift-up lid with support arm. The Navigator's chair is a Stidd 500 N polished chrome power pedestal with 2X footrest and slides forward/aft, up/down, and pivots.
Outboard the passenger seat is a varnished teak shelf and chart light. The main DC/AC electrical panel is under this shelf.
- 12-volt outlet in this area.
- Chart light on a flexible arm is mounted above the DC panel.
- Double cup holders above the DC panel
HELM has a gloss varnished teak dash with Hinckley JetStick®, engine controls, nav instruments & gauges, and a 15" teak rimmed steering wheel. The Stidd 500 powered helm seat is covered in Ultra Leather Killimanjaro, slides forward and aft electrically, and pivots. A locker under the helm seat houses an icemaker accessed inboard. A louvered teak door provides access to storage outboard the helm step. Outboard of the helmseat there is a varnished teak shelf with fiddle which houses the Hinckley JetStick® and a cup holder. There are two 12-volt outlets in the helm area.
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Robertson AP-22 Autopilot
- Dual Garmin Radar/GPS displays
- Raytheon ST-60 Tri-data display with Speed, Depth and Temperature display
- Standard Spectrum VHF radio with loud hailer
- Danforth "Constellation" compass
- Alpine TDA-7563 AM/FM/Cassette Stereo system with 6-CD changer and 6 speakers total:
- (2) Alpine speakers in forward cabin.
- (2) Alpine speakers in dinette.
- (2) Speakers are mounted in the cockpit
INDEPENDENCE sleeps 5 in her spacious accommodations.
Forward, there is a Master Stateroom with centerline double berth, Head, Shower, Galley, and Dining Salon. The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry with white fabric overheads with varnished cherry battens, and a varnished teak & tulip cabin sole with a cabin sole cover. All lockers have louvered doors with radius frames.
- Rheostat cabin lighting throughout provide enhanced ambiance.
- Hanging lockers have red cedar ceilings
- Six opening portlights and five opening overhead hatches provide a light and airy interior.
- Hella fans provide extra air circulation when necessary.
- Reverse-cycle air-conditioning in the interior and pilothouse offers additional cooling and heating comfort.
- Interior window covers for privacy
- Interior Curtains
MASTER STATEROOM (Forward):
Centerline entrance opens to a centerline queen bunk that has a 6” mattress with 1” soft density top layer.
- (3) Storage drawers below
This stateroom is satin-varnished with cherry sheathing, paneled cherry doors and louvered cherry locker doors. There is storage forward accessed via double doors into the chain/rope locker.
- Shelf storage outboard, port and starboard of the centerline bunk
- Port and starboard aft hanging lockers have a louvered door.
- Starboard hanging locker has a shelf over.
- Additional bin storage is forward of the hanging lockers
The forward cabin has a large centerline deck hatch and there are oval opening ports starboard and port for plenty of extra light and ventilation.
- Air conditioning duct for either cooling or reverse-cycle heat.
- Overhead dome light as well as Frigast lamps are mounted on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans
Aft of the forward stateroom is the ensuite Head with the marine head to port and shower area to starboard. There are opening ports and opening deck hatches in both the head and the shower. A solid cherry door leads to the rest of the accommodations.
Head To port:
The head area has Off-white colored fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid. The bulkheads in the head are satin varnished cherry.
- Granicoat 302 Sand countertop with molded in bone color sink, Grohe fixtures, and hot & cold pressure water.
- Full-length cherry trimmed mirror is on the forward head door.
- (2) Stainless steel towel bars
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine head is plumbed directly to the 35-gallon holding tank. The holding tank can be discharged overboard through the Sealand macerator pump or through a deck pump out.
- The reverse-cycle air conditioning system has a duct in the head.
- Hella fan
- 110-volt GFI outlet
- There is partitioned shelf-storage in a louvered door storage locker outboard of the countertop.
Shower To starboard:
- Separate Shower with Off-White Formica bulkheads and fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid.
- A watertight divided storage/towel locker is outboard just over the oiled teak shower seat.
- Stainless steel towel rack
- There is an outlet for the reverse-cycle air conditioning system in the shower.
MAIN CABIN (Amidship):
The Main Cabin is finished in satin-varnished cherry, has white fabric overheads with cherry battens, and a gloss varnished teak & tulip sole. A U-shaped dinette is to port and galley to starboard.
- Two large overhead opening hatches add extra light and ventilation to this full-beam area.
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning offers additional comfort in all conditions.
- Ambiance dimmer lighting
Aft are three steps that lead up to the pilothouse and there is storage under the steps. There is a varnished cherry handrail on the companionway frame to assist in exiting to the pilothouse.
To Port: DINING SALON
U-shaped dining area comfortably seats five. Sunbrella Navy Blue with white piping fabric covers the dining cushions. The varnished cherry wood dining table with padded Ivory Stamoid cover is on a Stidd chrome pedestal. The pedestal can be raised and lowered manually and allows the table to form a double berth. The drop down position includes a matching cloth covered filler cushion.
Outboard are louvered cherry lockers, an entertainment center, storage alcove with removable fiddle, and stereo speakers. A storage area is provided aft of the dinette and there is a custom access panel to storage under the deck.
- Opening portlight outboard:
- Additional lighting provided by two Frigast stainless steel lamps and by a lamp over the dining table.
- Entertainment Center: Alpine FM/Cassette/CD stereo system w/speaker pair
- Granicoat 302 Sand countertop with molded in bone color double sink
- Grohe fixtures and sprayer with hot & cold pressure fresh water system
- Force 10 Stove - Stainless steel 3-burner propane with oven and wood stove cover
- Nova-cool 4.3 cubic foot refrigeration/freezer
- GE Microwave oven
- Hella fan
- 110-volt GFI outlet
- Pull-open trash bin
Starboard is the U-shaped GALLEY finished in satin-varnished cherry cabinetry with louvered locker doors.
- Forward is the double sink with Grohe chrome faucets with hot & cold pressure water and hand sprayer. The countertop has a back splash to protect the cherry laminated bulkhead. Inboard of the sink there is an under-counter pull-open trash receptacle.
- Outboard of the sink is a below counter dry storage area. There is a 3-burner propane stove with oven and a wood stove cover/cutting board for even more countertop work space. There is varnished cherry sheathed alcove storage directly outboard with storage lockers forward & aft. Additionally there are three drawers with dividers for silverware, knives, etc.
- Aft, is the under counter refrigerator/freezer. Additional under-counter dry storage area. Above the center section there is a locker with microwave. Lighting is built-in to the bottom of the locker giving concentrated light to the countertop.
Up the aft Companionway steps with teak handrail to port is the pilothouse. The companionway door is varnished teak with the top 1/3 louvered. The companionway top is a bi-fold and can be removed and stored but it also has a support arm with quick release system that holds the cover up.
Separate 12-volt DC starting and accessories systems:
- Two (2) Lifeline GPL-27 12VDC 95-amp/hr batteries – main engine & generator start
- Three (3) Lifeline 4-D 12VDC 225-amp/hr batteries (NEW 2016) for accessories
- Custom Bass 12-volt DC electrical circuit panel
- 12-volt 80-amp alternator on port engine for starting battery charging
- 12-volt DC 100-amp alternator for ships service batteries
- 35-amp alternator on generator for starting battery charging
- (3) 12-volt outlets – Two (2) in helm area
120-volt and 240-volt AC systems from shore power and generator:
- Fischer Panda 12-volt Kw generator (Approx. ____ hrs July/2016) rated for 24-volt AC, 60-Hz
- Custom Bass 120-volt AC electrical circuit panel
- Heart Freedom 25 Inverter/battery charger with Link 2000
- 50-amp Shore Power Cord with Glendinning Cablemaster cord reel system
- Copper electrical bonding system.
- GFI protected circuits in galley, engine room and head.
The Generator is sound shield mounted and is complete with DC voltmeter, water temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, hour meter, control switch, shutdown bypass switch and pre-heat. Indicator lights show the operation of the generator (at helm) and fuel pump.
Twin 2000 Yanmar 6LY2-STE diesel 420 hp 6-cylinder in-line engines with Twin Disc 1.50:1 reverse/reduction gear, Aqua Drive CV shaft system, and twin Hamilton 321 waterjets. Mathers electric single-lever controls and synchronizer control the engine RPM's & transmission.
Patented Hinckley JetStick® control system (PDI-Roll Royce) integrates forward and aft motion of the boat, steering, and the 10" electric bow thruster.
- Two-inch foam/lead fully insulated engine room and flexible engine mounts provide quiet, vibration-free cruising.
- GFI protected outlet in engine room
- Side Power 10" bow thruster integrated with JetStick®
- Racor in-line fuel filters for engine & generator
- Engine tachometer with hour meter gauge
- Waterjet angle gauge at helm
- Engine oil pressure gauge
- Engine cooling water temperature gauge
- Low oil pressure alarm
- High cooling water temperature alarm
- Oil transfer pump for engines, transmissions, & generator
- Par 6900 saltwater deck wash pump with spigot mounted in forward anchor locker
- Flo-jet freshwater pump
- High water bilge alarm system with Ultimate Senior switches
- (3) Rule 3500 gph 12-volt DC automatic bilge pumps
- Whale Gusher bilge pump
- Fireboy automatic fire extinguisher system: For main engines, with automatic engine shut-down
- Fire extinguishers
- Electrical and mechanical spare parts kit.
- 32,000 BTU Marineair reverse-cycle air conditioner services pilothouse, galley, dinette, head, shower, and forward cabin
- 35-gallon holding tank
- (1) 200-gallon centerline tank with remote fuel gauges
- (2) Aluminum alloy 150-gallon wing fuel tanks
- (2) Fuel transfer pumps with switch at helm
- 100-gallon aluminum fresh water tank
- Flag Blue topsides - painted 2008 approx.
- Bottom paint stripped and redone - Winter 2016
- 3 Lifeline house 4D batteries - new summer 2016
- 3 of 7 Lewmar hatches recently replaced
- New under counter refrigerator - 2012
- Icemaker under helm seat
- Sunbrella Navy Blue with white piping fabric on dining settee cushions
- Muir VR1200 12-volt DC electric windlass in the anchor well
- Custom 316L stainless steel bow roller
- Bow roller mounted galvanized 44# Bruce anchor with 50' x 3/8" galvanized chain +150' x 5/8" nylon rode
- ACR spot light mounted on pilothouse top with remote at helm
- Aft deck flood light mounted on mast
- Ensign with pole and socket
- Brass 6" bell
- Sunbrella weather covers for exterior cushions
- Sunbrella sole covers
- Dock lines
- Fenders with covers
- Coast Guard safety package
- Life jackets
- Navigation lights