2001 Hinckley Talaria 40
MAGIC 2 has just completed a full jet and engine service at our Hinckley Yacht Service facility in Stuart, FL. She has new teak bright work and hull polishing. With her latest list price reduction, this is the Hinckley T40 to own. Don't let get away!
Steering SystemJoystick Control
MAGIC 2 - This twin engine, jet-drive Talaria 40 sleeps two comfortably forward and includes a head with separate shower, and full galley. She has lounge seating and a table that can transform into an extra berth in the pilothouse. Additional seating is in the cockpit.
In addition to her just completed work, recent teak decks and a pair of Raytheon E-120 Radar/GPS units make this a "must see" T40.
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides (2011)
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and Deck
- Double Cream Bootstripe
- Red painted Bottom
Hinckley DualGuard composite construction of the hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid and balsa core, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The deck has a molded-in nonskid pattern. All Forespar Marelon seacocks.
- 2012 - New teak-covered cockpit and pilothouse sole decks
- Foredeck has a flush anchor locker with a custom pneumatic strut that holds open the anchor locker hatch.
- Starboard mid-deck molded in locker for additional storage.
Swim Platform: Aft, the heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round, and a stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Custom stainless steel toe rail cap at cleats
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak hand rails on cabin and pilothouse top
- Four (4) opening elliptical ports with screens on house sides
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and 24” Radome are painted to match deck.
- (3) Low profile Lewmar opening aluminum hatches with screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L SS mooring cleats
- Wichard padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
- Bow, stern and springline 316L SS mooring cleat
Aft Deck includes:
- Lazarette/bait box.
- Fishing rod holders on aft deck sides
- Hinged transom door in molded frame is to starboard and offers access to the cockpit or to the heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform.
- Hand rail on transom is painted to match hull
- New 2013 - Cockpit bimini
- New 2013 - Full tan cockpit cover, attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming.
- Ivory color weather cover for cockpit cushions.
Additional seating facing aft is built in to the port and starboard engine boxes that are topped with varnished teak and separate the cockpit from the pilothouse. The seats have (finished 2013) bottom and back cushions. There are storage areas in each seat accessed inboard with varnished teak louvered doors. The engine boxes are hinged and have hydraulic lift to give easy access to the engines.
The cockpit coaming is varnished teak. There is a teak side boarding step. The cockpit sole is teak covered (new 2012) and has direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- There are cockpit lockers with varnished teak doors, and storage bins.
- Custom cockpit drink table, stay secure to deck
- Courtesy step light in pilothouse entry.
- Cockpit courtesy lighting under the side decks.
- Deck shower with cockpit spigot with a hot and cold mixing valve is located to port of the transom door.
- Cockpit flood light with dimmer is mounted on the pilothouse top mast and is painted to match deck.
- Alpine speakers aft in cockpit
- Boat hook - mounted under coaming
The Pilothouse has five (5) custom gray-tinted glass pilothouse windows, two (2) sliding side windows and three (3) fixed forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Insulated white overhead has two (2) forward acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air screen/shades.
- Additional illumination is by low voltage halogen lights.
- Varnished teak pilothouse upper cabin house sides and dash is just one of the features of this pilothouse. There is a teak locking companionway door. A varnished teak handrail is on the aft end of the pilothouse.
- Teak covered sole (new 2012)
- Ivory color drop curtains with windows (new 2013) provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Custom center drop screen for drop curtain with straps
- Custom black-out curtains cover the clear drop curtain windows
- Ivory colored interior window sun covers for all five pilothouse windows.
Pilothouse amenities include:
- Additional pilothouse stowage is accessed through the center-line hatch.
- There are recessed halogen lights in the overhead.
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet
- A speaker is mounted in the settee base both port and starboard.
Forward are Stidd Slimline helm and passenger seats finished in “Hide” UltraLeather on powder coated “Copper vein” stainless pedestals. Port pedestal has a foot rest and is powered up/down and fore/aft and starboard pedestal is powered fore and aft. Both pedestals pivot to face aft settees. Stainless steel footrest at the helm is on the forward bulkhead.
The forward port passenger area has a varnished teak shelf outboard the seat that has:
- Removable Sharp 10” flat-screen TV mounted at aft end of the shelf next to the passenger seat.
- Removable color LCD GPS/Chartplotter repeater display.
- AC/DC electrical panel is outboard below the shelf and a custom DC outlet is nearby.
- Goose-neck chart light is in this area.
- AC/Heat vent
- Integral cup-holder
- Fiddle on forward dash to hold a chart
Pilothouse aft has additional seating with two (2) curved settees, each with a varnished teak shelf rim outboard that faces inboard and forward and that have back and bottom cushions in custom fabric. There are dual cup holders built in to the teak shelf rim aft both port and starboard.
- To port, the settee can convert to a berth. There is locker stowage beneath the settee.
A varnished teak table with electric height adjustment pedestal can be lowered to form a comfortable berth.
- To starboard, the settee can convert to a “kid size” berth and has stowage under. A full double size berth is formed using a custom center filler to go between the two tables.
Forward is storage under the helm seat, behind a varnished teak louvered door.
HELM & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Station has a varnished teak instrument pod with continuing shelf outboard and aft.
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim,
- Hinckley “JetStick®”
- Dual engine controls and gauges
- Generator controls and gauges
- Remote switches for spotlight
- Integral cup holder.
Forward of the helm seat and below the shelf outboard is a varnished teak louvered door to a storage locker that also has to some electrical and mechanical systems.
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Simrad Autopilot
- (2) Raytheon E-120 GPS/Radar/Chart Plotters (2009) with second matching repeater display – digital open-array radar.
- Spectrum GX 2350 VHF radio/loud hailer with DSC interfaced with GPS
- Raytheon ST-60 multi-function display with depth, water temperature, and speed indicator
- Danforth Constellation compass
- GPS/DGPS antenna and radar painted to match deck
COMPANIONWAY ENTRY: On center aft are the teak companionway steps up to the pilothouse with a teak threshold. The lower step is top-opening for stowage and the top-opening second step houses switches to the electrical systems. To starboard, mounted on the bulkhead is an easily accessible large varnished cherry open-top chart box.
The varnished teak companionway door has a louvered upper half with removable varnished teak hatch boards.
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing and the soft, insulated overhead is white with cherry trim. The cabin sole is varnished teak & tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. All cabin locker doors are louvered with radius corners on the frames. Amenities include:
- (3) Opening overhead hatches with Ocean Air Screen/Shades
- (4) Opening ports below (including head and galley)
- All opening ports and hatches have removable screens.
- There are interior window sun covers for the pilothouse.
- Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps on rheostats and recessed halogen lights in the overhead provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Marine Air reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning with outlets in the main cabin, galley, head, and pilothouse.
Entertainment system includes:
- AM/FM/DVD/IPod link stereo
- Alpine 6-CD changer
- (6) Alpine speakers: (2) on forward bulkhead, (2) in pilothouse, and two in the cockpit.
- All-in-one DVD Player - plays DVDs on TV in V-berth area and in pilothouse
- Samsung flat screen 17” TV – behind louvered door in anchor locker opening with UFO/TV antenna connection
- Sharp flat screen 10” TV – portable – Pilothouse aft end of shelf next to passenger seat with UFO/TV antenna connection
Sleeps two forward in V-BERTH, with adapter to form a double berth.
- Adapter can drop down to form a cushioned seat
- Cushions are upholstered in UltraSuede Mica HP3697 fabric.
- Locker storage is under the V-berth cushions.
- Over outboard is additional storage in louvered cherry door lockers.
- Forward of the V-berth behind the cherry louvered door is a 17” flat screen TV.
Aft of the V-berth to port is a cushioned seat covered in matching UltraSuede fabric. This seat has storage accessed under the cushion. Outboard is a cedar-lined hanging locker with a shelf storage over.
- Starboard is another locker/pantry with shelves outboard, storage space and a light. This locker separates the forward sleeping area from the galley.
Area amenities include:
- Two stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- Two Hella fans are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- Two Frigast 12-volt lights are port and starboard mounted aft of the V-Berths.
- Opening ports port and starboard with screens
- 110-volt GFI dual outlets port and starboard
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vents
Next aft of the V-berth seat to port is a private Head with a solid cherry door. Light Cream molded vanity and easy to clean molded ceiling. The molded head sole has nonskid molded in.
- Varnished cherry countertop has an undermounted sink with pull-out style faucet.
- Hot & cold pressure water.
- Separate shower area with clear folding doors has a custom handheld shower fixture and a “hands-free” mounting bracket. There is a teak seat and a storage locker outboard the seat.
- Opening hatch overhead in shower
- Sealand Vacu-flush “bone color” marine head is plumbed directly to the holding tank.
- Full-length mirror with cherry laminated frame is on the back of the head door.
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet
- Two halogen lights are over the sink
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vent
- Teak toilet paper holder is mounted inside the vanity cherry louvered door.
- Storage is provided in a lined locker above and outboard the countertop. A mirror is custom mounted on a separate track behind the cherry-faced sliding door and can also slide from side to side.
- Varnished Cherry door locker under the vanity.
- Forced ventilation.
- Varnished cherry galley has a Bisque Corian countertop.
- Polished deep stainless steel sink has Grohe pull-out style faucets, spray nozzle, and hot and cold pressure water.
- Seaward electric 4-burner cooktop stove
- GE microwave oven
- Grunert Polarmate 12-volt DC refrigeration/freezer is top-accessed through the countertop.
A varnished cherry pantry with louvered doors and several shelves separates the galley from the V-berth area. The offset forward sink is integral mounted in the Corian countertop. Next to the sink is a countertop accessed waste bin. Next aft is the built-in stove-top with storage under. The microwave oven is built-in over and behind the stove. Built-in on the aft bulkhead, the refrigeration is top-accessed through the countertop.
There is stowage in the pantry, outboard and under the sink, under the stove, and over outboard the refrigeration. A 12-volt light is mounted under the locker over the refrigeration and a halogen spotlight is over the galley area. The stereo system is also mounted in the aft bulkhead above the counter.
Galley amenities include:
- Dish locker
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet
- 12-volt outlet
- Step light in galley
- Opening port with screen
- Opening overhead hatch with screen and custom closure adds extra light and ventilation
- Additional storage locker outboard of sink
A low resistance, heavy copper and zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12/24-Volt DC electrical system:
- All new batteries (2011/2013)
- (2) Lifeline GPL-31 (95-amp/hr) starting battery for each main engine and includes generator starting.
- (2) 12-volt DF-4D 210 amp/hr Service batteries for a total of 420-amps for house accessories
- 80-amp alternator on port engine charges start batteries
- 100-amp alternator on starboard engine charges house batteries
- (2) Lifeline House batteries
- Balmar Regulator
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
110/240-Volt 50-amp AC electrical system:
- 240-volt AC shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord with Glendenning shore cord reel system
- 80-amp battery charger
- Statpower Prosine 2.5 shore power inverter
Custom Bass AC/DC electrical panel.
Panda 12-Kw Generator - with sound shield.
- 35 amp alternator on generator
- Generator control panel includes DC voltmeter, water temperature, oil pressure, engine hrs, control switch, shut-down by-pass switch, and pre-heat switch.
- Flexible engine mounts
- Engine room sound insulation
- Forced air engine room blower
- Engine boxes have double gaskets
- 110-volt GFI protected outlet in engine room
Twin (2) 2001 Yanmar 6LY2A-STP 440-HP FWC diesel engines with Hamilton 322 Jet Drive, ZF IRM301PL transmission and Vetus 12-volt 7” bow thruster. Teak-rimmed stainless steering wheel with Mathers controls. Hinckley custom “JetStick®” control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- 2009 - New Yanmar heads
- Port engine - new 2010 = 150 hrs - 11/2013
- Stbd engine = 700 hrs - 11/2013
- 2013 - New Mathers controls servo motors
- Racor fuel protection pkg.
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- High engine temperature alarm
- Low oil pressure alarm
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator
- Trim tabs
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) Ultra Sr. electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- Par 6900 saltwater deck wash with foredeck spigot
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve
- Spare belts for CV shafts on bulkheads
- Fireboy-Xintex automatic fire extinguisher
- (2) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Jabsco in-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- Stainless steel 10-gallon hot water heater – shore power and generator supply power
- Aluminum 35-gallon holding tank with Y-valve and macerator pump to overboard discharge
- Marine Air reverse-cycle air conditioning/heat
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Boat hook mounted under side deck
- Dock lines
- Cockpit shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Handheld flare kit
- Glendenning powered shore cord reel system for 50-amp shore cord
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- UFO/TV antenna
- ACR Masthead mounted spot light with helm mounted electric remote control
Muir Electric Windlass Pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 35# anchor + 50” galvanized chain & 200’ x 5/8” anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.