2003 Hinckley Talaria 40
“SHENANDOAH” (name reserved) is one of the finest examples of the Hinckley Talaria 40. She has been impeccably maintained; spending her winters in heated indoor storage. Her knowledgeable owners have continuously upgraded since new and performed numerous upgrades in 2016.
Steering SystemJoystick Control
“SHENANDOAH” (name reserved) is a magnificent Hinckley Talaria 40. This spectacular example is continually maintained to exacting “Bristol” standards. Her knowledgeable owner completed numerous upgrades in 2016 including a new Panda generator, Raymarine electronics, fabrics selected in conjunction with a well-known marine interior designer, backdrop curtains, full exterior varnish strip, AC systems, new varnished teak transom and bottom strip/repaint. SHENANDOAH boasts a stunning custom wraparound seating arrangement in the aft cockpit, yet can easily be converted back to the standard set up if desired. With her recent hull paint and glistening gelcoat, this impeccable Hinckley Jet Boat will be sure to turn heads in every harbor. Please delve into the details to see why “Shenandoah” is so very special.
HULL and DECK
- Stars and Stripes Blue Alexseal hull paint NEW 2011
- Light cream Gelcoat Cabin house and Deck
- Double White Bootstripe
- Black Bottom. Bottom soda blasted of all bottom paint, barrier-coated and repainted 2016.
- The Hinckley DualGuard® composite hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid and balsa core, SCRIMP process with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The deck and cockpit sole have a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Forespar Marelon seacocks
- Foredeck has a flush anchor locker with a pneumatic strut that holds open the anchor locker hatch.
- Hinckley folding stowaway stainless steel anchor roller
- Custom starboard mid-deck molded-in locker for line storage.
- Custom longer aft quarter guards and chafe guards.
- Extra sound-proofing throughout engine room and lazarette area.
- Teak transom - installed in 2016
Swim Platform: Aft, the heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round, and a stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Custom stainless steel toe rail chafe strip from aft of stern cleat to forward of mid-cleat
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak hand rails on cabin and pilothouse top
- Four (4) opening elliptical ports with screens on house sides
- Hinckley pilothouse mast painted to match deck.
- (3) Low profile Lewmar opening aluminum hatches with screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L SS mooring cleats
- Wichard padeyes to hang fenders with additional stainless steel protection from 2/3 length of toe rail.
- Sound-proofed aft lazarette hatch
- Bow rail
- Varnished teak cockpit coaming
- Custom wraparound seating with new fabrics 2016
- Full Stamoid cockpit cover attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming. New 2016.
Additional seating facing aft is built in to the port and starboard engine boxes that are topped with varnished teak and separate the cockpit from the pilothouse. There are storage areas in each seat back, accessed through inboard facing teak louvered doors.
- The engine boxes are hinged and have electric lift systems to give easy access to the engines.
More cockpit highlights include:
- New covers for all seating for aft cocktpit (2016).
- Teak side deck boarding step
- Alpine marine stereo speakers mounted under side deck coaming.
- Courtesy step-light in pilothouse entry.
- Cockpit courtesy lighting under the side decks.
- Deck shower with cockpit spigot with a hot and cold mixing valve is near the transom door.
- Engine electric hatch lift control switches under gunwales forward, port and starboard
- Fishing rod holders mounted on aft deck sides with drains and covers
- Insulated and drained cooler/fish box in transom
- Two transom access lockers provide serviceability to steering controls and relay units
- Stainless steel scupper grates
- Center deck hatch for storage and systems service
Aft, the hinged transom door in molded frame is to starboard and opens outboard offering access to the cockpit or to the heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform.
The Pilothouse has a total of five (5) glass pilothouse windows: The opening side windows are tinted light green and three (3) fixed forward windows have heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers with fresh water washers.
- New fabrics throughout pilothouse selected in conjunction with a well know marine interior decorator (2016).
- New Ultra-velvet seat coverings for Stidd navigation and helm chairs (2016)
- New pilothouse backdrop curtains with Eisenglass (2016).
- New interior window covers
- Insulated white overhead has two (2) forward acrylic opening hatches with screen.
- Additional overhead illumination is by low-voltage halogen lights with a dimmer switch mounted on the inboard side of the dash. A separate circuit with dimmer switch for the light over helm is mounted on the dash.
- Custom red and white chart lights are centered on the underside of the valence above port dash with dimmer.
- Two (2) stereo speakers mounted in pilothouse forward under seats port and starboard
- Varnished teak dash
- Varnished teak locking companionway door.
- A varnished teak handrail is on the aft end of the pilothouse roof edge.
Pilothouse aft has additional seating with two (2) curved settees, that face inboard and forward and have back and bottom cushions. A varnished teak shelf is aft both port and starboard. There is locker stowage beneath the port and starboard settees.
- Port side is a varnished custom teak table
- Starboard side is a varnished custom teak
Pilothouse amenities include:
- Additional pilothouse stowage is accessed through the centerline hatch.
- Speakers are mounted in the settee base port and starboard.
Pilothouse forward has Stidd 500N Slimline helm and passenger seats finished in blue Ultra-velvet with white piping – NEW 2016. The Stidd seat pedestal bases are chrome. The port and starboard seats have both height, fore and aft adjustment, and footrest. Both pedestals pivot to face aft settees. Stainless steel footrest at the helm is on the forward bulkhead and footrest for port seat is integral.
The forward port passenger area has a varnished teak shelf with fiddle rail. Outboard the seat includes:
- AC/DC electrical panel is below the shelf
- AC/Heat vent
- Integral stainless cup-holder
- Fiddle on forward port dash
HELM STATION (Starboard)
Helm Station has a varnished teak instrument pod with continuing shelf outboard and aft.
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim,
- Dual engine controls and gauges
- ACR Spotlight control remote pad
- Integral cup holder
- Exalto windshield wiper control pad on dash
- Trim tab position indicators
- Raymarine autopilot control unit
- Separate fuel gauges for each fuel tank
- 12-volt DC outlet
- Marineair digital control pad mounted
- Ignition key switches and emergency stop switches to starboard of helm seat
- Manual override Jet drive bucket controls
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raymarine E65 chart plotter with weather service (2016).
- Raymarine tri-data display with depth, speed and log (2016)
- Raymarine Autopilot (2016)
- Standard Horizon Quantum Horizon GX5000S VHF radio
- Danforth Constellation high speed compass, varnished laminated binnacle mount
- Alpine AM/FM Receiver with 6-CD changer with amplifier and 6 speakers
SHENANDOAH provides sleeping accommodations for four, a full Galley with a Head with a separate shower stall. In addition, she has a custom enlarged cedar-lined hanging locker in the cabin. The Pilothouse has the Helm Station to starboard and generous seating for guests. There are tables to port and starboard and great visibility throughout. The Cockpit has fore and aft standard seating and a transom door leads to the swim platform with teak treads. In addition, there is custom wraparound seating inserts (see photos).
Entry to the main cabin is through a centerline companionway door. The door has a louvered upper-half with removable folding varnished teak hatch top.
- There is a teak threshold and teak companionway steps down into the main cabin. The lower step is top-opening for stowage and the top-opening second step houses the master disconnect switches to the electrical systems.
The interior is finished in a satin-varnished cherry wood with insulated white overhead and cherry trim. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood with has a custom Toast Sunbrella cabin sole cover. All cabin locker doors are louvered with radius corners on the frames.
- Cedar-lined, custom enlarged hanging locker
- Chelsea Clock and Barometer (new 2016)
- (3) Opening overhead hatches
- (4) Opening ports below (including head and galley) with removable screens
- Interior Ocean Air sliding screens and privacy covers for forward and starboard cabintop hatches.
- Custom pleated drop-down shades for port lights
- Interior overhead lights and step lights
- Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps and recessed halogen lights in the overhead provide plenty of interior lighting
- Marine Air reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning with outlets in the main cabin, head, and pilothouse (New 2016).
The Galley has gloss varnished cherry woodwork with an Aurora Corian countertop.
- Polished deep stainless steel sink with Grohe Faucet and sprayer and hot and cold pressure water.
- Electric Cooktop
- Microwave oven
- 12-volt DC refrigeration/freezer has two shelves with ice tray unit inboard.
- Next to the sink is a countertop accessed waste bin.
- Dish and glass storage is built-in on the aft bulkhead.
- The refrigeration is top-accessed through the countertop aft.
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet, mounted on aft bulkhead
- Step-light in galley
- Opening port with screen
- Opening overhead hatch screen
- Starboard is a pantry locker with a fiddled top and interior light. This locker separates the forward sleeping area from the galley.
- Cherry countertop has a polished stainless steel sink with a fixed Grohe faucet.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Separate shower area with clear Plexi-glass folding doors including a custom handheld shower fixture mounted on a “hands-free” mounting bracket. There is a teak seat and storage locker outboard in the shower with a varnished louvered cherry door.
- (2) Recessed 12-volt halogen lights
- Opening hatch overhead in shower with screen
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine head is plumbed directly to the holding tank.
- Hinckley mirror mounted on bulkhead
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vent
- Chrome toilet paper holder is mounted inside the vanity louvered door
- Storage is provided in a lined locker above and outboard the countertop with sliding louvered cherry doors
- Varnished louvered cherry door under the vanity.
- Tankwatch holding tank monitor panel
- Custom mirror on interior head door
Sleeps two forward in V-Berth:
- Custom five inch V-berth firm mattress (2016)
- V-berth cherry insert with cushion can form a double berth
- Locker storage under the V-berth cushions
- Varnished cherry locker storage outboard port and starboard above V-berths.
- Forward access to forepeak storage area that has a caged protected light
- Two dome lights are mounted on overhead
- Two chrome Frigast 12-volt lights are mounted on the aft bulkhead port and starboard.
- Two stereo speakers mounted in forward bulkhead.
12/24 volt DC electrical system:
- (2) Lifeline GPL-31 (95/amp hr) starting battery for each main engine and includes generator starting.
- (2) 12-volt DF-4D 210 amp/hr Service batteries for a total of 420-amps for house accessories
- 80-amp alternator on port engine charges start batteries
- 100-amp alternator on starboard engine charges house batteries
- (2) Lifeline House batteries
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
- 12-volt outlets
110/240-volt 50 amp AC electrical system:
- 240-volt AC shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord with Glendenning shore cord reel system
- 80-amp battery charger
- Statpower Prosine 2.5 shore power inverter
- 110-volt outlets
Generator: New Panda 12-Kw generator with sound shield (2016 with warranty).
- 35-amp alternator on generator
- Twin Yanmar 6LY2-STP 440-HP FWC diesel engines with Hamilton 322 Jet Drive, ZF IRM301C transmission
- All oil and transmission coolers removed and serviced (2014)
- All injectors serviced/replaced (2016)
- New Air Conditioning System (2016)
- New raw water AC circulating pump (2016)
- New custom engine room vents powder coated to match gelcoat
- Flexible engine mounts
- Engine room sound insulation with lead lined foam
- Forced air engine room blower
- Engine boxes have double gaskets
- 110-volt GFI protected outlet in engine room
- Racor LG 100 fuel protection pkg including 3-filters.
- Tachometer with digital engine hours gauge.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges (Separate fuel gauges for each tank)
- High engine water temperature alarm
- Low oil pressure alarm
- Water jet nozzle direction steering indicator
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (3) Electric 3700 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted below cabin sole
- Saltwater deck wash with forward anchor locker spigot – Groco Series 60 pump
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- Fireboy-Xintex automatic fire system for engines with automatic engine shutdown
- (2) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- (3) Aluminum fuel tanks with transfer pump – (1) 190-gallon and (2) 80-gallon saddle tanks
- Stainless steel 10-gallon hot water heater – engine or electrically heated
- Aluminum 35-gallon holding tank with Y-valve and macerator pump to overboard discharge
- Two separate Marineair 16,000 and 14,000 BTU reverse-cycle marine air conditioners: Main cabin and head outlet and a second outlet in the pilothouse (New in 2016 completed by Ocean Options).
- Varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket in bow stem plate
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Dock lines
- Cockpit shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- ACR Spotlight - Pilothouse rooftop forward mounted with helm mounted electric remote control
- Horn - Loud hailer horn painted to match deck
- Shakespeare stainless steel whip antenna, mast mounted
- Glendenning powered shore cord reel system for 50-amp shore cord
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir 1200A 24-volt DC electric windlass with polished stainless steel 22# anchor + 25” stainless steel chain + 200’ x 5/8” anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker. Saltwater deck wash with spigot in anchor locker.