2007 Hinckley Picnic Boat EP
When it comes to classic styling, they don’t get any better than STEELHEAD, in every respect. From her red bottom, Flag Blue hull, and cream cabintop, to her tasteful upholstery, she is what most want, and admire, in a Hinckley. With her varnished teak transom she turns heads in every harbor she visits. Only used in New England seasonally, and with very low engine hours, she is now offered by the original owner and will make some family very happy next season.
Steering SystemJoystick Control
STEELHEAD is a Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) with a transom door new to the 2007 models. She has the Yanmar 480-HP engine. She sleeps two comfortably forward and includes Head with shower, and Galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward-facing Stidd seats are in the Pilothouse. There is more seating in the Cockpit.
- Teak transom
- All exterior cushions are covered in Perenials Canvas Weave, Hello Sailor fabric.
- The interior is furnished with Perenials Jake Stripe fabric.
HULL AND DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Light Cream gelcoat cabin house and deck
- White bootstripe
- Red bottom
- Teak transom
The hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end-grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- The deck has Awl-Grip nonskid pattern
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half-round:
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Custom teak handrail on transom
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and fold-out anchor roller.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight, Radome, and satellite antenna painted to match deck.
- (5) Low-profile opening aluminum hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- ACR spotlight - Masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control.
The Cockpit features cushioned seating at the transom forward facing and also facing aft molded in the engine box.
- The Picnic EP teak covered engine box has a wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat.
- The wet bar includes a stainless steel sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, a storage drawer, and additional storage under the sink
- The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine
More Cockpit Features:
- Full Teak Package
- Portside transom door from swim platform
- Stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads - that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Courtesy lights under side decks port and starboard
- Cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve at stern seat
- Fishing rod holders
- Stamoid cockpit cover
- Teak finished pilothouse upper sides and dash
- (4) Pilothouse windows include: (2) Sliding side windows (gray tinted) and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers
- Ivory Ultraleather helmsman and passenger seats– pedestals painted to match deck
- Cushioned L-shaped settee aft to port
- Pilothouse dining table
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens/shades
- Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights
- Storage locker under pilothouse settee
- (2) Hella fans - mounted port and starboard
- 120-volt outlet in forward settee face
- (5) Cup holders
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- Varnished teak handrail overhead on the centerline
- (2) Varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top
- Window sun covers
- Stamoid 3-piece drop curtain with Eisenglass windows – can enclose the pilothouse.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14" steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick®”
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt cigarette-style outlet in chart pocket
- (3) Cup holders
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raymarine ST-6002 Autopilot
- Raymarine e127 12” color multi-function display - Chartplotter/Radar/Sonar with 4-KW Radome - painted to match deck
- Raystar 130 WAAS antenna
- Standard Horizon PS-1000 VHF radio and Ram mike
- Alpine CDA-9851 AM/FM/CD Receiver, Changer/Controller, satellite read
- (3) Pairs of Alpine MB Quart speakers – In V-berth forward bulkhead and in Pilothouse
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. Louvered cherry locker doors and (5) Frigast stainless steel bulkhead lights add to the cabin ambience. Custom varnished cherry shelves are mounted outboard port and starboard.
Entry is from the Pilothouse companionway to the Galley to port, private Head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
- Bone Corian countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures, spray nozzle and hot and cold pressure water
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining insulated box
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board
- 600-watt 110-volt microwave oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Built-in bin for dish stowage
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step-light in galley
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle
- LP gas sniffer and a propane shut-off valve
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board that adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a counter lift-up top. A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area and houses the stereo system.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- A very comfortable double berth is formed with an insert
- Varnished cherry shelves port and starboard over V-berth
- Storage locker under a V-berth has a shelf and an easy-access cherry drop-front door
- Cedar-lined hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade
Low resistance, copper wire and sacrificial zinc anode bonding system. Zinc saver.
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps
- Start – 12-volt AGM Group 4D battery with 1100 CCA capability
- House – (2) 12-volt AGM Group 4D batteries – 210-amps each
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch allows emergency starting
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter
110-Volt 30-Amp AC System:
- 110-volt shore power inlet and relay
- 30-amp shore power cord with power indicator light
- Mastervolt Dakar Combi 1500 pure sine-wave inverter/charger with 65-amp 12-volt multi-stage battery charging capability
- Glendinning Electric Cord Reel with Wireless Remote
- 2007 Yanmar 480-hp diesel engine
- Hamilton 292 Jet Drive
- ZF transmission with reduction and reverse gear.
- Side Power 12-volt reversible bow thruster
- Hinckley custom “JetStick®” control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Lenco trim tabs
- Custom water-drop muffler
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high engine water temperature and hydraulic pressure.
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator.
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- (2) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches.
- Whale emergency bilge pump - mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- 27-gallon aluminum holding tank with overboard discharge.
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- 35-gallon stainless steel water tank.
- (2) 80-gallon heavy gauge aluminum fuel tanks - total 160-gallons.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation.
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser.
- Engine box forced-air exhaust fan.
- Baffled and insulated air intake
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down.
- Accu-Point heater with outlets in the Pilothouse, Main Cabin and Head
Ground Tackle System:
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with polished stainless steel Delta 22# anchor + 15” stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode and polished stainless steel folding bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld wired remote at anchor locker.
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket.
- Boat hook - mounted under side deck.
- Dock lines
- Fenders with cover – and Wichard snap hooks for each fender line.
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve.
- Salt water washdown in the anchor locker and cockpit.
- Life jackets
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash.
- Masthead and running lights