2008 Hinckley Talaria 38R
INDIAN SUMMER (Name Reserved). The T38R is a true aquatic sports car that also offers luxurious cruising amenities. From Maine, to Key West, to the Great Lakes, or the West Coast, you choose the neighborhood, then enjoy the speed and comfort of a Hinckley that will bring smiles of admiration where ever you travel. Extensively equipped by a blue water yachtsman, INDIAN SUMMER has been Hinckley maintained since her launching. Recent to the market, this one owner vessel is in service and ready to be enjoyed immediately.
Steering SystemJoystick Control
INDIAN SUMMER name Reserved.
Some Optional Features:
- Teak cockpit sole with oil finish
- Teak package: Full console area including companionway door and convertible top doors
- Cockpit bar and an ice maker
- Drop down table and V-berth filler can form a double berth
- Reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning 12,000 BTU unit for forward cabin
- Air conditioning for cockpit - from shore power or with generator when cockpit is enclosed
- Custom radar arch painted to match deck
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- Flatscreen 22” LCD TV
- Alpine DVA 9861 AM/FM/CD/DVD Stereo Player
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides (new 10/2013 – not launched until 2014)
- Off-White gelcoat deck.
- Single Matterhorn White boot stripe.
- Red bottom (Stripped 10/2011 and new 2013).
- Hull is DualGuard® Composite construction Kevlar® E-glass skin with balsa and Corecell® core carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMP® with vinylester resin.
- Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and Corecell® core, SCRIMP® molded with vinylester resin.
- Foredeck and aft sundeck has a painted on nonskid pattern
- Teak deck in the cockpit
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail.
- Marelon® ball-valve seacocks.
- Hinckley designed heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak decking, stainless steel mounting brackets and half round rubrail.Telescoping, stainless steel, 3-step folding swim ladder stores under swim platform.
- Self-draining forward anchor locker with flush hatch and electric windlass system.
- Custom 316L stainless steel Hinckley bow chocks.
- Tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile.
- Pop-up 316L stainless steel cleats – including springline.
- Stainless steel half-round rub rail on solid molded fiberglass.
- Single low profile polish stainless steel hatch with Ocean Air Sky Screen on trunk cabin top.
- Custom teak deck sole in cockpit and varnish teak helm dash area and convertible top bin panel and side doors.
- Grab handle on transom painted to match hull.
The Talaria 38 Runabout has a forward cabin below deck with sliding molded door, accessed down through the companionway between the helm and navigator dash area. Aft of the helm area, wrapping around port and starboard are 3-person seating settees and a double-settee aft in the cockpit facing forward. This forward-facing settee has removable cushions for port or starboard boarding steps.
CONVERTIBLE TOP: Aft of main cockpit seating area is the hydraulically-deployed and retractable convertible top, which covers the helm and the majority of the cockpit seating area.
- Haartz Navy convertible top (new 8/2011)
- Aft of convertible top storage compartment is a double-size sun pad deck lounge area. This deck area also lifts automatically to accesses the engine compartment.
- White courtesy lights located in cockpit foot wells on dimmer switch.
- Side and aft drop curtains enclose the Cockpit area
- Custom mosquito netting can also enclose the Cockpit area
The Cockpit and Helm area are finished with:
- Wrap-around 6-window curved windshield with tempered glass and teak trim forward at dash.
- Port and starboard forward windshield wipers with washers.
- Optional Teak cockpit sole with oil finish – with direct overboard drain scuppers.
- Cup holders at helm and passenger seating in teak trim, as well as forward settees and sun pad.
- Cockpit shower with hot/cold mixing valve in stern area.
- Varnished teak convertible top storage compartment doors and cover panel.
- UltraLeather Plus – Lotus White w/Admiral piping covered helm and cockpit cushions
- Stamoid windshield sun cover
Forward is the Helm Area upholstered helm and passenger Stidd seating .
- Flush watertight cockpit sole hatch offers storage below deck.
- (4) MB Quart NKA-116 marine speakers in the cockpit.
Helm Station features:
- Varnished teak instrument pod and dash.
- 14” stainless steel steering wheel with varnished wood rim.
- Engine gauges and controls.
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet.
- Trim tab controls and deflection gauges
- (2) Raymarine E120 12’ Color Chartplotter displays engine data and optional Radar scanner
- Raystar WAAS GPS antenna.
- Raymarine DSM 300 fishfinder.
- Standard Horizon PS 2000 VHF radio with RAM mic.
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot interfaced to GPS.
- Sirius Satellite Weather
- Satellite phone antenna
Wrap-around triple settees located just aft of helm and navigator’s seat area. Stainless steel cup-holders located at the forward end of settees.
- Cockpit bar and an ice maker
- Settee cushions are upholstered in UltraLeather Plus – Lotus White with Admiral piping.
- Varnished teak custom cockpit table with port and starboard flip-up leaves - sits on two adjustable pedestals located in the center hatch.
Convertible Top: Hydraulically deployed convertible top in Navy fabric – stores behind teak convertible top doors.
- Side and aft curtains for convertible top
- Mosquito netting for the side and aft curtains.
- Custom overhead night lighting in the retractable bows with dimmers
- Double-size sun pad.
- Drink holders at forward end of sun pad.
- Stainless steel side grab-handles.
Through the forward sliding companionway door is a Cabin finished in satin-varnished cherry and varnished teak and tulipwood sole. Directly to port is a Galley with a Head located to starboard. Forward is the V-settee, with a varnished cherry table.
FORWARD is the V-settee, with a varnished cherry table on a hi-lo pedestal that can drop down to create a cushioned double berth.
- Storage lockers across forepeak, outboard and below settee upholstery. Cedar-lined hanging locker with access from starboard v-settee.
- V-Settee upholstered in Chablis UltraSuede with Admiral piping – with insert for double berth.
- Raised panel varnished cherry lockers doors throughout cabin.
- Lightweight box drawers with raised panel cherry faces throughout cabin.
- Flatscreen 22” LCD television in alcove over forward berth.
- Stereo system with Alpine DVA9861 AM/FM/CD/DVD player. Multi-zone remote control.
- (2) MB Quart DKE-116 speakers - on the forward v-berth bulkhead.
- Flat-screen mounted on forward facing bulkhead of cabin.
- Halogen lights on dimmer switch.
- 12-volt outlet
- Custom installed safe
- Reverse-cycle heat/Air conditioning in V-settee, head and galley.
GALLEY (to port):
- Galley countertops in Glacier White Corian.
- Polished stainless steel single bowl sink with Grohe single lever faucet with hot/cold water and spray nozzle.
- Fully insulated, self-draining, top-loading refrigerator box with 24-volt condensing unit.
- Custom insulated self-draining drink cooler box, top loading
- Pullout trash container under companionway steps.
- Kenyon cooktop
- 110-Volt Microwave oven - located above sink to port.
- Sirius Satellite Radio over microwave oven
- 110-Volt outlet.
- Dry/Food cabinet storage lockers with louvered doors and above with custom glass doors.
HEAD (to starboard):
- Solid cherry paneled door.
- Head countertop in varnished cherry.
- Mirror front medicine cabinet with shelf
- Full-length cherry framed mirror on back side of head door.
- Single polished stainless steel sink bowl with Grohe single lever sink faucet and shower fixture.
- 24 Volt DC Vacuflush marine head with 35 gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge. Flush mount vent.
- Shower is molded Gelcoat with non-skid pattern.
- 110-Volt Outlet
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system includes zinc saver:
12-Volt DC Electrical System:
- Batteries total 420-amp/hrs:
- (2) 24-Volt AGM Group 31 – 810 CCA start battery.
- (4) 24-Volt AGM Group 4D 420-amp/hr house battery.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch – Emergency start capable.
- (3) 80-Amp 24-VDC battery alternator. (2) Alternators for house batteries and (1) for start.
- AC/DC Panel using thermal-magnetic breakers with volt and amp meters.
Shore Power: Mastervolt Dakar Combi 3000 pure sine-wave inverter/charger with 65-amp 24-volt multi-stage batter charging capability. 50A/125-250V power cord with power indicator light.
Generator: Panda 12 mini generator with 198.7 hrs (9/8/2014) - supplying 120/240 VAC.
Twin Volvo D-6 435-HP, electronically-controlled, common-rail diesels - with SeaKey Emergency Alert service.
- Hamilton 274 jet drive
- Hydraulic powered 7” bow thruster.
- Hinckley “JetStick®” steering control system is integrated with bow thruster.
Mechanical features include:
- ZF IRM220PL transmission
- Racor fuel filter/water separator.
- Gauges: Tachometer, engine hours, fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature.
- Alarms: Low engine oil pressure, hydraulic pressure, high water temperature.
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- Whale emergency bilge pump in cockpit locker.
- (3) 3700-gph, 24 volt electric bilge pumps with float switches.
- Baffled and insulated engine air intake.
- Marine Air 12,000-BTU self-contained reverse-cycle heat/air- conditioning unit for forward cabin
- Air conditioning unit for cockpit, from generator or shore power.
- Engine box insulated in Mylar-faced acoustical foam with double-gasketed compartment cover under sun pad.
- Glendenning cord reel - with wireless remote. Transom compartment.
- Varnished teak bow burgee staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Life jackets
- Hand-held flare kit
- Running lights
- (2) Fire extinguishers
- (4) Dock lines
- (2) Fenders
- Winslow life raft - 4-person Rescue Raft II in soft bag
- Muir electric windlass with folding stainless steel roller and remote control.
- Windlass to Delta anchor with 25’ stainless steel chain and 150’ rode.