2010 Hinckley Picnic Boat MKIII
“BOOMERANG” is a beautiful example of the Picnic Boat Mark III when an experienced and talented owner works with Hinckley to build a very special boat. She shows like new and is priced well below replacement cost. Take the time to come see this beautiful boat! She will make some family very happy on the water.
Steering SystemJoystick Control
“BOOMERANG” is a 2010 Hinckley Picnic Boat Mark III that represents the potential of one of the most popular models in the Hinckley product line. The Picnic Boat Mark III combines traditional aesthetics in her beautiful lines and stunning craftsmanship with modern design and materials such as her powered pilothouse windows and overhead hatches, a modern hull designed for exceptional rough-water performance. BOOMERANG was built by an experienced yachtsman who was very involved in the build and added many well thought-out custom touches and upgrades throughout such as the wrap-around settees in the pilothouse and the additional seating or lounge area in the cockpit. She has been maintained to yachts standard by Hinckley and is only available because the owner is starting construction of his new Hinckley!
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Light Cream gelcoat cabin house and deck.
- Double cream bootstripe
- Red bottom
The hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end-grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and fold-out anchor roller.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse
- Four (4) elliptical opening ports on house sides with screens
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight, Radome painted to match deck.
- Large side windows in Pilothouse open electrically
- (3) Low-profile opening aluminum hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens.
- (2) Electric opening hatches in the Pilothouse with Ocean Air Sky Screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- ACR spotlight - Masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control.
The Cockpit has cushioned seating at the transom with removable cushions at transom door. Aft facing seats are located at the forward end of the cockpit.
- Teak interior and gloss varnished teak cockpit coaming.
- Teak cockpit sole
- Starboard transom door from swim platform
- Courtesy lights under side decks port and starboard
- Built-in flip down cockpit steps integrated into coamings port and starboard for easy side deck boarding.
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Cockpit/pilothouse lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve at stern seat.
- Storage lockers built into aft facing seats.
- Lift out storage tub in transom seating.
- Teak deck in cockpit.
- Custom channeling in cockpit cushions (fabric is Ivory Ultraleather with red piping)
- Custom removable cockpit filler with cushions to create full width and length “sun lounge” in cockpit area. Filler is modular, allowing side sections to be used individually
- Fishing rod holders under port side deck
- Removable ski pole in aft deck
- Marine stereo speakers mounted in kickwells port and starboard.
- Bimini - Three bow cockpit bimini. Bimini folds back with boot when not in use
- Full Stamoid cockpit cover (can be installed with bimini in place).
- Gloss varnished teak pilothouse upper sides and dash.
- Additional gloss varnished teak cladding on vertical face of dash
- Teak sole in Pilothouse
- (4) Pilothouse windows with Green Tint include: (2) Electric Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Wipers upgraded to pantograph arms and longer blades.
- Ivory Ultraleather helmsman and passenger seats with red piping. Helm chair is power fore/aft. Both seats have optional chart pockets on seat back.
- Cushioned settees port and starboard in Perennials Bikini Stripe – Geranium Red
- Custom curved backrest with cushions for forward end of pilothouse settees .
- Pilothouse dining table with flip down leaves with custom carbon fiber pedestal painted to match deck.
- Insulated white overhead has four (2) Electric opening hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens/shades
- Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Storage locker under pilothouse settee
- 120-volt outlet at port helm
- 12 volt outlet at starboard helm
- iPod/MP3 audio input jack at starboard helm
- (8) stainless steel recessed cup holders conveniently located throughout pilothouse
- Varnished teak magazine rack on bulkhead forward of passenger seat
- Varnished teak binocular holder on bulkhead forward of helm seat
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- (1) Varnished teak handrail on centerline
- Stamoid 3-piece drop curtains with Eisenglass windows
- Mosquito netting center door panel for drop curtains
- Portside amenity has custom oversized cooler with insulated lid.
- Starboard amenity has lift up lid with integrated trash bin with maple cutting board cover and insulated wine chest.
Helm Station (Starboard)
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick®” integrated control of steering, bowthruster and fore and aft movement.
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., fuel level
- Top-opening locker with storage
- Electronic wiper controls
- Trim tab controls with position indicator lights
- 12-volt “cigarette-style” outlet aft of storage locker
- (2) cup holders
- High water bilge alarm
- Racor fuel filter water detection alarm
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics/Navigation Equipment:
- Raymarine E140 Wide color digital chartplotter/radar display.
- Raymarine 24 inch HD radar
- Raymarine AIS transceiver
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
- Raymarine DSM300 depth sounder module
- Standard Horizon PS 1000 VHF radio with RAM mic.
- Alpine AM/FM/DVD player
- 22’ Sole LCD flat screen TV mounted behind louvered door on forward bulkhead (picture source is Alpine DVD player or shore cable TV inlet)
- (3) Pairof speakers – In V-berth forward bulkhead, pilothouse. (Pilothouse and cockpit have dedicated amplifiers with volume controls
- iPod docking Connection
- Video from DVD player connected to Raymarine E140W at helm
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. Louvered cherry locker doors and (5) Frigast stainless steel bulkhead lights add to the cabin ambience.
Entry is from the Pilothouse companionway to the Galley to port, private Head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
The stove is set in the countertop and has a matching Corian cover that adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. The sink has a Corian cover. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft and is accessed by a counter lift-up top. A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area and houses the stereo system.
- Rice Paper Corian countertop
- Stainless steel undermounted sink with Grohe fixtures, spray nozzle and hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold-plate refrigerator in a self-draining insulated box
- Single burner electric cook-top with Corian cover
- 600-watt 110-volt microwave oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Built-in bin for glass and mug stowage
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step-light in galley
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
- Large pantry and storage locker forward with lifting lid
- Custom storage for wine glasses in outboard galley locker
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 28-gallon polyethylene integrated holding tank with flush mount vent on hull side and pump out fitting on deck.
- Over board pump out system added with Y valve and seacock.
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity. The outboard lockers were customized to create a large locker with shelf above and inside with larger than standard louvered doors.
- 110-volt outlet
- Heat and air conditioning duct.
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- A very comfortable double berth is formed with an insert.
- V-berth upholstered in Perennials “Canvas Weave – Blanca”
- Storage lockers under V-berth has easy-access cherry drop-front doors.
- Cedar-lined hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade
- 22” Sole’ HD LCD TV mounted in forward bulkhead cherry cabinet.
- Two storage drawers below berth.
Low resistance, copper wire and sacrificial zinc anode bonding system. Zinc saver.
- Start – Two 12-volt AGM Group 31 batteries with 950 CCA capability.
- House – Two 12-volt AGM Group 4D batteries – 210-amps each.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch allows emergency starting.
- 80-amp start battery alternator on each engine.
- 80-amp house battery alternator on port engine
- 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
220-volt 50-amp AC electrical system
- 220-volt shore power inlet and relay.
- 50-amp shore power cord with Glendinning retractable power cord.
- Victron Multiplus inverter/charger with 100-amp 12-volt multi-stage battery charging capability.
- AIR CONDITIONING: 10k BTU air conditioning unit in main cabin.
- AIR CONDITIONING: (2) 10k BTU air conditioning units in pilothouse with separate thermostats for port and starboard.
Onan 9kw Generator
- Twin VOLVO 370-hp D6 diesel engines
- Racor 500MA filters installed on main engines with water sensors and alarm at helm
- Hamilton 274 Jet Drives
- Twin ZF 63 transmissions
- 7” hydraulic bow thruster
- Hinckley custom “JetStick®” control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Dual-cylinder trim tabs with indicator controls at helm
- Fuel filter/water separator
- Volvo EVC Tachometer with LCD multi-function display
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high engine water temperature and hydraulic pressure.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- (3) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches and high water alarm
- Whale emergency bilge pump - mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- 28-gallon polyethylene integrated holding tank with flush mount vent on hull side and pump out fitting on deck.
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- 40-gallon polyethelelene water tank.
- (2) 110-gallon polyethelene fuel tanks - total 220-gallons.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation.
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser.
- Engine box forced-air exhaust fan.
- Baffled and insulated air intake
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down.
- Fresh water deckwash at bow
- Espar D3-L diesel heating system with outlets in pilothouse, main cabin and head
Ground Tackle System:
- Muir electric Windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with polished stainless steel Delta 22# anchor + 25’ stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode and polished stainless steel folding bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld wired remote at anchor locker.
- Fresh water deck wash in anchor locker
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket.
- Boat hook - mounted under side deck.
- Dock lines
- Fenders with fleece covers
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve.
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash.
- Masthead and running lights