2012 Hinckley Talaria 48 Motoryacht
“MODERATION” is the finest Talaria 48 to come on the brokerage market and represents a great opportunity to have one of these special yachts with immediate delivery. This vessel was built for an experienced cruiser and the custom details built into this vessel will be appreciated by anyone that come board MODERATION. This Hinckley is beautiful from her Flag Blue hull, perfectly maintained bright varnished Teak exterior to the coordinated interior colors. With her very limited hours of operation, fresh water past and fastidious maintenance make MODERATION the perfect choice for you next purchase. The comfort, size and cutting edge hull design of this boat separate her from the other Hinckley jet boats, yet she is easily handled with the Hinckley JetStick and draws very little water. The boat has been lovingly maintained and should be seen to be fully appreciated.
Steering SystemJoystick Control
The Talaria 48 line launched in 2011 and has been in high demand since coming to market. MODERATION was delivered to a very experience yachtsman in the spring of 2012 and represents an opportunity to take delivery of a nearly new Talaria 48 immediately.
MODERATION has many custom features and options that make her very desirable without being overly personalized and having been kept on Lake Erie since delivery has her systems in fresh water condition throughout. Do not miss the opportunity to see this beautiful Hinckley with amazing handling and performance characteristics.
- The boat’s 15’5” beam provides for spacious accommodations including comfortable pilothouse area, open galley, aft cabin with twin bunks, two full heads, and luxurious Master Suite with center line queen bunk.
- There is ample storage for extended cruising
- The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry with a bright varnished teak and tulipwood cabin sole, and a sound absorbent overhead with satin varnished cherry battens.
- The Flag Blue Awlgrip hull, Light Cream Gelcoat deck, Cream Awlgrip Double Boot Stripe and Red bottom have this boat look stunning.
- Varnished teak toe rail, varnished Teak cockpit coamings and varnish Teak handrails throughout the main deck are exactly what you would expect to see on a Hinckley
- Custom bow rail and pilothouse side handrail give this boat a great balance of looks and functionality.
- The deep cockpit with a molded “L” settee to port and Double seat to starboard has a walk-through transom door to the swim platform
- Wide side decks, properly placed stainless steel handrails and bow rail, and a huge foredeck makes handling lines/fenders easy and safe for docking.
- Custom entry-way doors to pilothouse provide 6’5” of headroom.
- Six (6) custom Hinckley port lights (all opening)
- Ten (10) low profile Stainless Steel framed opening hatches provide a light and airy interior.
- Ocean air Skyscreens provide bug screens/shades on all overhead hatches
- Four (4) oversized powered open/close hatches on pilothouse top.
- Ocean Air Skysol pleated shades on pilothouse side windows
- Custom detailed Corian countertops in galley and heads
- Rheostat cabin lighting throughout provides enhanced ambiance
- Chilled-water reverse-cycle heat/air-conditioning
- Second-station wireless PalmStick (JetStick) control
- Sirius satellite weather for Garmin navigation package
- KVH satellite TV system with M5 Tracvision hardware for Direct TV service.
- Ocean LED Amphibian classic lights mounted under swim platform.
- Custom Scandvik polished stainless steel table base in pilothouse with electric up/down.
- Custom interior doors provide a minimum of 6’2” of head room throughout.
- Nuvo Grand Concerto 6 source 6 zone amplifier with AM/FM/Sirius radio available in all zones, Apple Airport Express available in all zones, iPod dock available in all zones, Salon TV/Blu-ray available in all zones, Master stateroom dedicated Direct TV/Blu-ray available in master stateroom only.
- Capacitive touch 2.7” LCD zone controller mounted in each zone for complete system control
- Wireless RF remote with graphic interface to control any zone and any source in the system
- Wall mounted iPod dock and Apple Airport Express interface
- KVH satellite TV system with M5 dome and Direct TV tuners in the pilothouse and master stateroom
- Pilothouse retractable 32” LED HD TV mounted to port, Samsung Blu-Ray player connected to pilothouse TV
- Master Stateroom 26” LED HD TV recessed in bulkhead, Samsung Blu-Ray player connected to master stateroom TV
- Zones are Salon, Cockpit, Master Stateroom and Guest Stateroom
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip hull
- Light Cream gelcoat deck and cabin top with painted nonskid
- Doluble Light Cream Awlgrip boottop
- Red bottom
Bridge Clearance: 14’8” without folding antennas
Hull: Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction- Kevlar®/E-glass outer skin. Corecell “M Foam” for core above and below the waterline. Carbon fiber inner skin. Laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®).
Deck: E-glass outer and inner skin with Corecell”M Foam” for core. Laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®).
These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, greater hull strength against impact damage, and thermal insulation.
- Non-metallic composite thru-hull fittings with ball valve seacocks are below waterline and above the waterline where appropriate. Bronze seacocks, thru-hull fittings and sea strainers on propulsion engines.
- Rub rail has stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molding.
- Swim platform is painted to match hull color with teak decking inserts and stainless steel half round with a stainless steel telescoping 3-step swim ladder under swim platform.
- Light cream painted non-skid surface on cockpit sole, side deck walking surfaces, and cabin house walking surfaces
- Smooth gelcoat surface on vertical surfaces of deck, house, waterways, and pilothouse top
- Tapered varnished teak toe rails with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak molded eyebrow molding around cabin top.
- Bow rail - 316L stainless steel with 1 ¼” tubing and extends to aft end of pilothouse.
- Handrails- Varnished Teak Handrails are mounted on forward cabin top, port and starboard on pilothouse roof and a wrap around unit runs along the aft end of pilothouse.
- Custom electro painted stainless steel handrails installed on the underside of the pilothouse roof, running the length of the roof.
- Anchor Locker: Molded into the foredeck, with hinged and gas-spring assisted hatch. Custom stainless steel anchor roller with stainless steel anchor. Remote control for anchor windlass as well as control at helm station makes anchoring this boat simple.
- Wash down spigot in anchor locker
- Custom fresh water spigot located in cockpit.
- Chocks - (2)Open custom Hinckley stainless steel bow chocks, and (4) Closed custom Hinckley chocks.
- Mooring Cleats: (8) 316 stainless steel bow, stern and springline cleats. Bow and stern cleats are 12” and springline cleats are 10”
- (10) Smoke gray tint hatches with stainless steel frames have SkyScreen screens and blinds.
- Overboard direct drainage scuppers for cockpit
- Ten (10) Wichard folding padeyes, five port and five starboard on the side decks, for hanging fenders. Stainless steel half round chafe strip on teak rail at each pad eye location and dock line cleats
- Custom Hinckley Bo Peep boarding handle with mounting socket at port and starboard boarding gates as well as at the entry/exit of the pilothouse.
- One ensign, stern mounted 5’ varnished teak staff with flush socket accompanied by flag.
- One burgee, varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Custom Hinckley aluminum mast
Entry to the boat is either from the side coaming gates or through the transom.
- Molded fiberglass boarding steps inboard of cockpit coaming gates port and starboard.
- A transom door to starboard.
- Teak cigar deck with amenities to port and starboard
- Cockpit sink in port amenity
- Ice maker in starboard amenity
- Custom varnished Teak drawers in port amenity behind louvered Teak door.
- Varnished teak covered cockpit coamings and caps
- Ivory Stamoid cockpit cover attaches to aft end of pilothouse and covers to end of cockpit. Attaches with snaps. Zippered access from transom and side decks.
- Custom fresh water wash down spigot in cockpit.
- Courtesy lighting at cockpit seating
- Safety light on cockpit step
- Cockpit shower with hot/cold mixing valve with shower near transom door
- Two Glendinning powered shore cord reels exit transom through flush hatch
- Stainless steel Bopeep boarding handle with stainless steel deck mounts at each coaming gate. Handle stores in port kickwell.
Cockpit seating is provided by:
- Molded fiberglass “L” setee to port and double seat to starboard
Storage is provided in the cockpit by:
- Lockers molded into the port and starboard seating areas with gasketed fiberglass lids.
- Cockpit sole hatch with manual hydraulic risers with fender storage below.
Large pilothouse windows and custom double doors, swinging aft into the cockpit, provide excellent light to enter the boat with 6’5” of head room. All the pilothouse windows and aft door have grey tint. Entry to pilothouse from cockpit is through polished stainless steel framed, full-height, curved, grey-tinted tempered glass doors. These doors have four panels (two port and two starboard) allowing several opening positions which makes the interior to feel open and airy.
Pilothouse layout includes:
- Forward: Helm area is to starboard with two Stidd® Slimline seats mounted on power coated pedestals. Both helm seats have manual up/down and electric fore/aft adjustment To port is a single Stidd® Slimline chair with manual up/down and electric fore/aft adjustment mounted just aft of the chart locker
- Aft: Full-width living area includes a U-shaped Dinette to starboard and Entertainment center to port with two custom Lee Jofa occasional chairs upholstered in Rumrunner Stripe #2006184-5, Blue.
- Custom aft sliding aft salon curtains in lieu of roman blinds. Curtains are finished in Duralee casements, Cascade #50967-19 Natural.
Pilothouse is finished with:
- Satin varnished cherry including dash and chart locker area
- Varnished teak and tulipwood pilothouse sole with removable protective covers.
The pilothouse has:
- All fixed windows are laminated safety glass
- Three forward fixed windows with windshield wipers & washers and fully concealed Stainless steel frame
- Side windows slide electrically providing huge amount of open air
- Ocean Air Skysol pleated blind system for side windows.
- Front windows have outside snap-on Ivory Stamoid® covers.
- Pilothouse aft door custom sliding style curtains with two section, one port and one starboard.
- Noise-absorbent overhead material with varnished cherry battens
- Custom varnished cherry handrail with stainless steel standoffs on pilothouse overhead
- Overhead lighting is provided by LED lamps on dimmer circuits
- Additional lighting is provided by wall mounted lamps
- Rope lighting on dimmer circuits under valences, port and starboard
AFT PILOTHOUSE AREA Features:
- U-shaped dinette settee.
- Custom varnished cherry table with pedestal converts to additional bunk. Settee cushions are finished in Duralee Fabrics #15314-909 Wedgewood with self piping.
Entertainment Area (Port):
- Custom cherry cabinet/end table holds entertainment electronics.
- There are two custom Lee Jofa chairs with cushions finished in Rumrunner Stripe #2006184-5, Blue with self piping.
- Retractable 32” LED HD TV built into the cabinet to allow easy viewing throughout the pilothouse and is completely concealed when entertaining guests.
HELM & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
The Helm is forward to starboard and has a satin varnished cherry dash and outboard cherry shelf where electronics are mounted. This area also has the Hinckley JetStick®, engine controls, nav instruments and gauges, and a teak rimmed steering wheel.
Two Stidd helm seats finished in Ivory Ultraleather, both helm seats are electrically powered as forward and aft with manual up and down adjustment. Helm seats are mounted on Ivory powder coated Stidd seat bases. JetStick system includes the new Hinckley PalmStick wireless Jetstick system.
The helm has an open view into the easily accessed galley below as well as the surrounding deck and area outside the yacht.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Dual Garmin GPSMAP 7115 multifunction displays with touch technology.
- Raymarine SmartPilot “X” series with Gyro and ST70 control head interfaced to GPS system
- Garmin GMR404 48” 4KW digital open array radar
- Garmin GSD22 Digital Sound Module and Fish Finder
- Garmin ST850 speed/temperature thru-hull transcucer.
- Garmin P79 in-hull transducer dedicated to Fish Finder
- Garmin Sirius satellite weather module integrated into helm displays
- Garmin Bluechart G2 Vision
- Garmin GM110 digital repeater at helm.
- Garmin 300 Series VHF radio with DSL technology and loud hailer
- KVH M5 Tracvision satellite system with two Direct TV tuners
- KVH digital compass
- ACR RL-100 spot light with helm mounted remote control
From the Pilothouse forward, down the open companionway are steps to the interior accommodations:
Forward is the Master Suite with ensuite head and spacious stall shower. Master suite has dedicated entertainment system with 26” TV, Direct TV and Blueray player. Next aft to starboard is the guest/day head with shower. Next aft to port is the Galley.
The interior is satin varnished cherry with sound absorbent overheads with varnished cherry battens, and a varnished teak and tulip cabin sole. Removable protective covers are provided for cabin soles.
- Custom interior door provide a minimum of 6’2” of head room clearance.
- Large overhead hatches have Ocean Air screens and shades
- Opening ports with screens provide additional natural ventilation
This area is open to the pilothouse and receives lots of natural light and ventilation and also has a portlight over outboard.
- Corian counter top with custom edge details. Color is Festival.
- Seaward 2-burner electric cook top
- Sharp combination Stainless steel microwave/convection oven.
- Double Sink - Polished stainless steel undermounted sink with Grohe single-lever fixture with sprayer
- Hot and cold pressure fresh water system
- Custom U-Line Combo drawer C2275DWROL refrigerator/freezer unit. Top drawer is refrigeration with bottom drawer being the freezer/icemaker, both drawers finish with cherry-faces.
- Freezer – Top loading custom stainless steel box with Seafrost wrap around condensing freezer plates.
- Additional 110 VAC outlets are positioned for coffee maker and toaster
- Over-counter lighting with dimmer
- Storage for dinner settings
There is a double stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever chrome fixture with sprayer and hot and cold pressure water outboard. Aft of the sink is the custom top loading freezer and forward is a countertop accessed storage bin. Below the sink are two doors to storage space. The countertop has a back lip here that protects the cherry bulkhead. Inboard of the freezer is a generous work space with the convection microwave mounted in a cabinet above. The two burner electric cooktop is mounted forward with the two drawer refrigerator/freezer/icemaker below for convenient access while cooking.
The Guest Suite (Aft to Stbd) is entered through a single flat panel door. The Guest/Day head can be entered from either the main passage way inboard or directly from the Guest Suite.
- Comfortable twin bunk layout with ample storage built into each bunk.
- Twin shear lockers above the starboard bunk.
- Hanging locker forward with storage on top of the locker with integral fiddles
- Book shelf aft
- Dedicated audio entertainment system with touch screen controls mounted at hanging locker
- Hanging locker forward of outboard bunk with ample storage
- There is a 110-volt outlet.
- Overhead lighting on dimmer
- Bulkhead mounted lighting
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vent
The Guest Head is forward of the guest cabin to starboard is finished in Light Cream gelcoat with Antique White Formica bulkheads with satin varnished cherry trim around mirrors, and lockers.
This Head includes:
- Corian “Festival” countertop with stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine toilet plumbed directly to 35-gallon holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump to a discharge facility.
- Shower shall is located forward in the head with a clear divided bulkhead and door.
- Opening portlight
- Overhead lighting has dimmer.
- Storage areas are outboard of sink and shower.
- Full length dressing mirror mounted on back of guest cabin door to head.
- Mirror mounted on bulkhead forward of sink.
The Master Suite is luxurious and very well appointed. It includes a private head with separate stall shower. Entered through a starboard solid cherry door, Owner’s stateroom has a centerline aft-facing queen bunk with storage drawers under. The bunk is an innerspring mattress.
- Lots of storage available port and starboard
- Overhead lighting on dimmer circuit
- Bulkhead mounted lighting forward and aft
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vents
- There is custom art lighting over the owner’s bunk to illuminate anything mounted on bulkhead.
The Master Suite includes a fully outfitted Entertainment system which includes a dedicated satellite TV tuner, Blu-Ray player and a host of audio channels including Sirius radio. Relax and watch movie on the 26” LCD HD TV in this spacious cabin.
Continuing aft port and starboard are hanging lockers with additional cabinetry above the berth sheathing.
Aft to port in the Master Cabin is the entry to the Owner’s head. This head features a separate stall shower and is also finished in Light Cream gelcoat with a cherry laminated interior bulkhead.
This Head includes:
- Corian “Festival” countertop with custom edge details with stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture
- Separate Stall Shower with a Grohe single-lever mixing valve
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine toilet plumbed directly to 27-gallon holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump to a discharge facility
- Opening portlight
- Swivel make-up mirror mounted forward of sink
- Overhead lighting has dimmer except for shower.
- Storage areas outboard and under sink
- Towel bar mounted on forward bulkhead
- Full length dressing mirror mounted on the back of the head door.
- Head entry door has 6’2” of standing head room.
- Custom electrical panel with circuit breakers, meters, switches, and indicator lights.
- Common wire bonding with a minimum branch wire size of #8 AWG per ABYC.
- Start Batteries: Two (2) Lifeline 4D AGM batteries for main engines and generator.
- House Batteries: Four (4) Lifeline 8D AGM batteries for the main house bank.
- Heavy-duty battery switches for both port and starboard engines, with the ability to parallel the Starting Batteries.
- Two (2) alternators - 80-amp 24-Volt DC, one per engine.
- Two (2) 24-Volt-DC battery chargers. One (1) House bank and one (1) for starting bank.
- 24-Volt lighting
- Two (2) Power inlet rated at 50-amps each, 240/120-Volt AC.
Generator: One (1) Onan 13.5-KW, rated for 240-volts AC and is mounted in a sound shield. Remote panel for starting with gauges. (110-Hours 08/2014)
Twin Cummins QSM11 715 Turbocharged – After-cooled Diesel Engines with the Cummins VesselView displays system at helm station.
- (2) Hamilton 364 water jets
- Hinckley JetStick® system-integrates forward and aft motion of boat, steering, and bow thruster into single joystick.
- Second JetStick wireless control station “PalmStick”
- ZF 325-1 transmissions
- Alarms for low engine oil pressure, engine high water temperature
- Racor fuel-water filters with pressure gauges, water sensors, petcock and drain tubes
- Racor in-line Fuel/Air Separators
- Baffled and insulated engine air intakes with air de-misters at both vents.
- 25-hp hydraulic bow thruster produces 720-lbs of thrust
- Dual cylinder stainless steel trim tabs
- Power assist steering
- Oil Transfer Pump - reversible, 24-Volt DC - for main engines, transmissions, and generator
- Fresh hot and cold pressurized water, 24-VDC main and back-up pumps supplying galley, shower, head and cockpit shower.
- (2) Automatic 24-volt DC sump pumps for showers, washing machine and air-conditioning condensate.
- (3) Rule® 24-volt DC electric 3700-GPH bilge pumps with ULTRA automatic float switches.
- Highwater bilge alarm
- Saltwater deck wash deck wash pump with hose connections on deck near anchor roller.
- 17-gallon water heater - marine insulated stainless steel heater:
- (2) Polyethylene holding tank, guest 35 gallons and master 27 gallons
- 150-gallon Polyethylene fresh water tank
- Chilled water system; dual chillers and circulation pumps with four air handlers with three independent controlled zones; Zone 1: one 12KBTU unit in Master Suite; Zone 2: one 12KBTU unit in Guest Suite; Zone 3: two 16 KBTU units in the Salon.
- Engine Room Insulation: Insulated with foam/composite insulation with double gaskets on access door to engine room.
- Engine Air Intake: Air Demisters at both vents. Baffled and insulated.
- Four (4) cage protected lights.
- Fireboy fire suppression system with automatic engine shutdown
Ground Tackle System:
- Hydraulic windlass mounted in custom anchor well
- Custom 316L stainless steel bow roller with primary anchor
- 60-lb Quickline Ultra primary anchor with 30’ x 3/8” Grade 40 galvanized chain + 200’ x ¾” three-strand nylon rode.
- Aft deck flood light mounted on mast
- Teak bow burgee pole with flush socket
- Stern mounted 5' varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Horn - Kahlenberg 24-Volt DC dual-trumpet air horn with switch at helm
- Whistle – Kahlenberg model 116 whistle provide secondary signaling device with switch at helm
- Searchlight - 24 Volt-DC with remote at helm
- (8) Lifejackets - (6) adult and (2) children
- (6) Dock lines – 50’ x ¾”
- Fenders with fleece covers
- Navigation lights
- Coast Guard safety package
- (4) Fire Extinguishers: 2-lb. Type B-1 fire extinguishers for class A, B, and C fires.