2013 Hinckley Talaria 34
“BEACON” is a beautiful example of the new and very popular Talaria 34, underbody of this vessel was done by Michael Peters who has recently also done the Mark III Picnic Boat, Talaria 43, and Talaria 48. She has been lightly used and always Hinckley serviced.
Steering SystemJoystick Control
“BEACON” is a beautiful example of the Hinckley Company’s new Talaria 34 model that has been serviced by Hinckley since she was built and has been lightly used primarly summers in Maine. The Talaria 34 features twin engines, twin waterjet, proportional electric thruster, excellent visibility and ventilation with a modern hull designed for exceptional rough-water performance and unparalleled maneuvering.
HULL and DECK
The hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction of Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin with an Aircraft grade end-grain balsa core above and below the waterline and Carbon-fiber inner skin which is SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Light Cream gelcoat with Moon Dust non-skid cabin house and deck.
- Double bootstripe in Toreador Red
- Black bottom
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Swim Platform: Hinckley designed heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform painted to match hull color with molded nonskid to match deck color, stainless steel supports and half round. Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch.
- Polished stainless steel anchor roller with 12-volt windlass. Windlass controls at helm and hand held wireless remote.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Stainless steel handrails on exterior.
- Three fixed ports on cabin top sides and one opening in the head. Opening port in head has screen.
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and midship 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - with sti–mid ship cleats push down into deck when not in use
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- Hinckley pilothouse with radome painted to match designed fiberglass mast on pilothouse top.
- Four (4) stainless steel rod holders mounted on port and starboard side decks and transom.
The Cockpit has wonderful seating with both forward and aft-facing seats. There is a transom door to provide easy access to the swim platform.
- Cushions covered in Sunbrella Coventry Gourd with Heritage Mink piping
- Varnished teak coaming caps
- Starboard transom door from swim platform
- Hinckley custom built teak step box with storage to aid boarding
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Cockpit shower with hot and cold mixing valve at transom door
- Ample storage in seat lockers
- Stamoid cockpit cover
- Four (4) Hinckley custom oversized frameless Stainless Steel pilothouse windows- two fixed front windows and two manual sliding side windows.
- Pilothouse front windows have heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers
- Two (2) oversized low profile aluminum hatches in overhead with Ocean Air retractable blinds.
- Helm seats - Two Hinckley custom manually adjustable seats port and starboard. Covered with Ultraleather Curry
- Cushioned settees - Port and starboard covered in Sunbrella Coventry Gourd with Heritage Mink piping
- Insulated acoustic white overhead.
- Illumination is by three (5) overhead low-voltage LED lights on dimmers (forward light over helm on separate switch).
- Storage under pilothouse settees, port and starboard.
- (6) Cup holders in the pilothouse and helm area.
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- Ivory Stamoid 3-piece drop curtains with Eisenglass windows.
- Interior window covers for pilothouse side and front windows made of Stamoid.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Stainless steel steering wheel with varnished teak rim
- Hinckley “JetStick®” which integrates forward and aft motion, steering, and bow thruster into single joystick
- Engine gauges, tachometer with digital engine data display, oil pressure, cooling water temperature and fuel level.
- (2) 12-volt “cigarette style” outlets at helm.
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raymarine e125: multifunction color chart plotter/radar with 4kw digital Raydome painted to match deck.
- Raymarine i70 multifunction instrument display
- Raymarine RS130 Differentiual GPS antenna.
- Standard Horizon VHF radio with RAM mic
- Raymarine p70 Autopilot interfaced to GPS/Chartplotter, with wireless remote
- Navigation and anchor lights
- Ritchie compass
- Clarion FM/CD Satellite receiver ready Stereo withUSB connection in helm storage bin
- (2) Pairs of speakers – In V-berth on forward bulkhead and in the pilothouse.
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood. Louvered cherry locker doors and (3) stainless steel LEDbulkhead lights add to the cabin ambience.
Entry is from the pilothouse companionway to the Galley to port, private Head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
- “Burled Beach” Corian countertop
- Single undermounted polished stainless steel bowl with Corian cover.
- Stainless steel front loading refrigerator.
- 110-volt outlet and 12v outlet
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step-light in galley
- Under counter garbage receptacle
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink as well as under the companionway steps.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Corian countertop in Burled Beach with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Stainless steel faucet with hot and cold pressure water pulls out for shower with bracket mounted on bulkhead
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 28-gallon polyethylene holding tank.
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry-faced lockers above and below counter.
- Hanging lockers with additional storage in drawers below
- Opening port with screen
- 110v AC outlet with GFCI protection.
- A comfortable double berth is formed with an insert.
- V-berth upholstered in Sunbrella Coventry Gourd with Heritage Mink piping
- Storage lockers under V-berth has easy-access cherry drop-front door to port and starboard.
- Large storage compartments located in the forward areas of the berth.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- Overhead opening hatch with removable screen.
- Hinckley wired electrical system where all wires are hand labeled!
- Low resistance, copper wire and sacrificial zinc anode bonding system. Zinc saver.
- (2) 12-volt AGM GPL-4DA house batteries for a total of 420-amps.
- Start – Two 12-volt AGM Group 31 batteries with 880 CCA capabilities each.
- Battery parallel switch allows emergency starting.
- Two 150-amp 12-Volt D.C. alternators, one for house batteries and one for starting batteries.
- Victron combination inverter/battery charger (2000 watt inverter, 80 amp charger)
- 12-volt distribution panel using thermal-magnetic breakers with volt and amp meters and fresh water level gauge.
- 30-amp Victron battery charger for start battery banks.
- (2) 30-amp shore power cords
- Twin Yanmar 6BY2 260-hp common rail diesel engines.
- Hamilton 242 Jet Drives
- Twin ZF 63 transmissions
- Proportional electric 7” bow thruster
- Hinckley custom “JetStick®” control system is integrated with the proportional electric bow thruster.
- Dual cylinder stainless steel trim tabs with indicator controls at helm
- Analog Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high engine water temperature and low hydraulic pressure.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump with power steering assist.
- (3) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches and high water alarm
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- 28-gallon polyethylene holding tank with deck pumpout.
- 3-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- 35-gallon polyethylene water tank.
- One 160 gallon polyethylene fuel tank.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined insulation in engine room and on bridge deck hatch.
- Engine room forced-air fans.
- Baffled and insulated air intake
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down and override.
Ground Tackle System:
- Maxwell electric windlass pkg: Polished S.S. anchor roller with 12-volt windlass. Windlass controls at helm and hand held wireless remote. Polished stainless steel Delta 22# anchor + 15’ stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode.
- Varnished bow burgee pennant staff with flush socket.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket.
- Boat hook - mounted under side deck.
- Dock lines
- Fenders with fleece covers
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve.
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- 12-volt air horn with switch on dash.