1989 Antigua CSY Upgraded CSY Hull
This Antigua 44 is ready to fulfill your dreams of blue water cruising. She has recently returned from the islands of the Caribbean after spending time in Panama, Central and South America, as well as, the East Coast of the United States. This vessel is very well equipped and built for long range cruising. Fulfill your blue water cruising dreams with one of the few Antiguas built.
This Antigua 44 center cockpit cutter rigged ketch vessel has a spacious two stateroom, two head layout that provides a large private aft stateroom with a convertible double/king berth and a spacious guest cabin for your visitors. The layout of the interior is traditional with a walk through galley to starboard, sit down nav. station with swing out seat to port, and a workshop and engine room just aft to port. The salon has a large curved dinette to port and settee to starboard which also can make up into a good sea berth on a passage.
The Salon is aft of the structural bulkhead with a spacious L shaped leather settee to starboard. The dining table is a traditional drop leaf table that is sturdy and fixed with storage in the center. With the leaf up, the dining arrangement easily accommodates six. The port and starboard settees can make excellent sea berths on a passage or become guest berths for guests or family. There is plenty of storage below the berths and outboard behind the berths with cabinetry outboard of the settees. The spacious feeling is enhanced by two overhead large hatches, the 6’ 8” head clearance, large fixed windows and the absence of a mast because of the ketch design.
The galley is aft to starboard. It is a classic walkthrough that is safe on a passage with double sinks, 3 burner stove, top opening refrigerator/freezer compartments outboard, and loads of storage and counter space throughout.
- Walk-through galley to starboard
- Force 10 propane three burner stove w/oven
- Microwave oven
- 110 volt refrigeration w/ cold plate and separate freezer with large cold plate
- Pressure water system
- Hot water heater w/heat exchanger off the engine
- Double deep and large stainless steel sinks
- Manual fresh water pump
- Custom wood cover for stove burners
The master stateroom is aft with a king size berth that will convert to double berth. There is a cedar lined locker, three additional upper lockers and additional storage underneath. Ventilation is provided by three opening transom ports, two opening ports on the sides, and a large opening port on deck.
The ensuite head has a porcelain sink in the Corian topped vanity with large mirror and storage, and hand held shower, new electric marine toilet installed 2014. There is an opening port and a large overhead hatch.
The guest stateroom is forward as a V- berth. There is plenty of storage with drawers under the berth, drawers and cabinet on the starboard side and a cedar lined hanging locker. The hull sides are lined with teak battens and there is ample ventilation with a large overhead hatch and two opening ports. Stall shower aft in the forward stateroom.
- Cutter rig main mast w/ 58 foot bridge clearance, keel stepped
- Lewmar electric winches for headsail
- (4 sails) jib, staysail, mainsail, mizzen
- Staylok fittings on all standing rigging
- Vertical roller furling for mainsail and mizzen
- Jib roller furling
- Double deck turning blocks
- Downwind pole stowed on mast
- Boom end sheeting to traveler aft of cockpit
- Running mizzen backstays
- Extra Stayloc fittings and misc. hardware
- Bottom stripped and epoxy barrier coat 2012
- NEW bottom paint 2014
- NEW teak decks 2010
- Hydrovane emergency rudder system
- 6 person life raft
- Jack lines
- Carib 12’ RIB w/custom canvas cover
- Honda 4 stroke 8HP with canvas cover
Navigation and Electronics
- Raymarine chart plotter at helm (2015)
- Raymarine wind, speed and depth
- 7” compass on pedestal
- B&G VHF at helm and below at Nav station
- VHf hand held radio
- ICOM 710 SSB w/ICOM ATI 30 tuner
- Insulated backstay
- Raymarine autopilot
- 8.5 KW Kohler generator model # 8CC063 110 volt
- Electric windlass w/foot controls
- Balmar alternator
- Battery monitoring system
- Tricolor masthead light w/strobe
- (2) 30 amp service shore power
- (2) 30 amp shore power cords
- Water heater 8gal.
- Electric bilge pumps
- Air Conditioning Forward (16,000 BTU), Aft Cabin and Galley Unit (12,000BTU)
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 77 HP 4JH-DTBE Turbo charged diesel
- 8.5 KW Kohler generator
- Max prop
- Stand up Workbench in engine room
- Engine room accessed through door in walk through to galley
- Edson hydraulic steering system
- Numerous spare parts
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.