2008 Hunter 31
Step aboard the Hunter 31 and meet the boat that unites unlimited sailing aspirations with a limited budget . The Hunter 31 is a "spunky daysailor / weekender with all the comforts of home in a compact and affordable package".
"Gute Fahrt II" will make that "SAFE JOURNEY" in ease and comfort . She carries an IN Mast furling main and a 105% jib , and is powered by a Yanmar 21 hp. Raymarine will be at your side with Knot-Depth-Windspeed and Autopilot.
The modern hull shape is easily driven for light air performance and a high ballast ratio and low aspect sail-plan keep the 31 on her feet in heavier air. In-mast furling, an traveler overhead on the arch, sheet winches back by the helm, a fractional rig and a roller furling jib make this boat easy for one person to sail without having to leave the helm.
The interior of the Hunter 31 if filled with warmth, functionality and storage capacity, for a 31' vessel. Entering the companionway you have a great L-shaped galley to starboard with access to the aft athwartship double berth stateroom. Adjacent the galley to port is the head . Mid ship port is a long settee with a Nav Station at her most aft seat. Dinette to starboard and a roomy V berth forward.
- Storage behind and below settee's
- Manual head with holding tank (deck pump out or overboard macerator pump)
- JVC AM/FM/CD stereo in speakers inside and outside
- 4 Opening ports - 2 in the head
- 3 overhead hatches (main saloon & both staterooms)
A spacious, L-shaped galley has custom molded Corian counters. Ample working area and storage . Very comfortable to work in under way or on the hook.
- Deep SS sink with cutting board
- Pressure Hot/Cold water
- Gimbaled 2 burner LPG stove and oven (Force 10)
- Top loading Refrigeration
Electronics and Power
Aft facing Nav Station mid ship , port of companionway stairs. Table for storage and 12v /110v panel at finger tips.
- IC-M422 VHF radio
- Wema tank monitor guage
- (2) Group 27 AGM batteries
- ProTech Four (model 1230) Battery Charger
At the helm ...
- Raymarine ST60+ Knot / Depth / Windspeed-point
- Raymarine Autopilot 4000
Yanmar 21 hp (tack 1387 + new in April 2014
- Engine Service April 2014 ... List Marine
Deck and Cockpit
The wide side decks make it easy to get in and out of the cockpit. The cockpit is exceptionally large for a yacht this size and has wide coamings and has ergonomically correct seats and backs. There is an anchor roller at the bow with a recessed anchor locker. Stainless steel bow pulpit with double high lifelines leading aft through stainless steel stanchions, with boarding gates port and starboard , to stainless steel stern rail with built in stern rail seats. The swim ladder is recessed into the transom swim platform and easily deployed, with a H/C shower . The deck is gray molded-in nonskid.
- "Off Shore Dodger" with hand rails across the back portion of the dodger and along the side . Great hand hold for getting in and out of cockpit.
- Stainless Steel Arch keeps traveler up high and easy access to the traveler lines for the Captain. Also, lending a great hand hold for safety !
- Folding helm wheel
- Delta anchor on bow roller (approx. 45' chain and 225 rode)
Bottom Painted Aug 2013 / KKMI
Sails & Rigging
Hunter's proven easy-to-sail B&R fractional rig system consists of a Selden anodized mast and fractional forestay with a jib furling system. The furling sail has been designed to retain the sail area typically lost over a standard mainsail, and in fact has two more square feet than the 31's standard sail. Deck stepped , double aft swept spreaders with lines led aft to Lewmar Chrome self tailing #30 sheet winches and (2) #30 ST winches on the cabin top for sail control lines.
- Selden solid boom vang (Rod Kicker)
- (7) Spinlock XAS rope clutches and (2) cam cleats
- IN MAST furling main (Aug 2013)
- Furling jib 105%
- Furlex S100 furling system
- Sail Area
I : 32.58 ft
J : 9.75 ft
P : 30.50 ft
E : 12.58 ft
Working Sail Area : 421.00 sq ft