1970 Chris Craft Commander Flush Deck MY
OWNER SAYS MAKE OFFER! Five year old complete Awlgrip paint job on this classic Chris Craft Commander with recent engine service and upgrades to include new varnish, GPS, new LCD Flatscreen TV, interior varnish appointments, new head components, new Eisenglass enclosure, and much, much more. HOURS ALONE features the twin aft berth configuration with excellent storage and a huge ensuite Master Head. The Commanders were instant classics and are still much sought after today. The heavily built hull is over designed by today’s standards with a stable ride that only 36,000 lbs of displacement can deliver. Easy to show just south of Fort Lauderdale in Florida. Call for your appointment.
OWNER SAYS MAKE OFFER! You would be hard pressed to find a cleaner, more up-to-date classic Chris Craft Commander than HOURS ALONE. She has a complete exterior and interior make over. She has been painted with Awlgrip on her hull, decks and superstructure (05/2010). Her bottom has been barrier coated and painted. There is Eisenglass aft deck enclosure and weather covering around the SS railings with teak varnished hand rails. With new overhead in the aft flush deck area. Complete with deck furniture, an ice maker, full electronics, make her a fine cruising and entertainment vessel.
Her interior was completely redone to today's standards of decorating and Galley food preparation equipment. There is a new overhead in the Salon. All the furniture is new and modern. Both the forward and aft Staterooms have also been redone with new bedding and overheads.
The engine room shows well and all mechanical and electrical equipment runs great. There is no smoke or diesel fuel trace in the water at start up. The genset runs great, also with no smoke. Port engine just had new sleeves and piston rings with heads pressure tested, new valves and valve job in 2010.
You WILL be impressed with this boat; don't let her get away to someone else looking for the same type of boat.
The Owners have been live-aboard for the past 5 years since they've owned her. They've just accepted a job transfer to Texas and are moving off the boat. They have taken care of all mechanical and cosmetic functions of the boat during that entire 5 years (as most live-aboards do). This boat is truly turn-key and ready to go cruising or live-aboard.
Vessel Walkthrough & Accommodations
Comfortable cruising for two couples with Galley up, huge Salon, and two Staterooms. Makes a terrific long term live-aboard. The Forward Stateroom features large single berths port and starboard, large hanging locker, plenty of drawers and cabinets, and private Head and shower in the forepeak.
The U-shaped Galley is up to port, with good counter space and plenty of storage for everything. The spacious Salon is open and bright featuring sofa and lounge chair, coffee and end tables, LCD TV, multiple windows, large storage cabinets run under deck, and teak parquet sole.
The huge aft Master Stateroom is down a few steps with ensuite Head to port with vanity, sink, tub and shower. Opposite to starboard is an additional vanity with large countertop, sink and mirror, drawers and cabinets. There are twin beds with two hanging lockers in between with floor length mirrored doors.
Up a few steps to the covered and enclosed aft deck Pilothouse/Sundeck that features a coffee table and chairs, new Eisenglass curtains on hard-top. There's a wet bar with sink, countertop and 2016 rebuilt ice maker. This area's great for entertaining, and is located behind the helm, and is open to the Pilothouse.
The Salon is very open and airy with her full side windows and forward windshield. There is a Galley up to the forward port side of the Salon with a countertop and drawers opposite to starboard. With new sofa, chair and table furniture that keep in style with the classic look of the vessel, she gives a feel of cottage living.
Her Galley is U-shaped wraparound with two side-by-side refrigerators with built-in freezers in the peninsula. The countertop is glass tiled and in excellent condition. Opposite the peninsula (forward) is the SS sink with new faucet, Princess 3-burner electric stove and oven, and plenty of storage. The countertop and storage to the starboard side can either be an extension of the Galley or for its own use. The entire Galley and Salon sole is teak parquet with a new throw rug in style with the furniture. A new headliner is installed. The Galley/Salon has its own dedicated A/C unit. There is a Weems and Plath clock and barometer on the forward bulkhead. For entertainment there is a 40" TV (HDTV) with digital antenna and Basic Cable (included in Slip Fee) and built-in DVD on the aft bulkhead. a Sharp AM/FM/CD player (with Sirius XM radio) with speakers on the forward starboard countertop.
Aft Master Stateroom w/Ensuite Head & Shower
The Master Stateroom is aft and down four stairs from the Salon. With lots of both natural light and electric lights it shows light and airy and spacious. The two berths are located aft port and starboard. Centerline aft is a large mirrored closet with shelves, drawers and hanging rod. To starboard forward is a U-shaped wraparound combination desk, bureau, drawers and opening top with H/C water sink. There is lots of storage in this area with can be vanity table and/or desk. To port there's also a large bureau for more storage. The entire sole is teak parquet in excellent condition with opening hatches to vessel mechanicals. Sharp AM/FM/CD player (with Sirius XM radio) with speakers.
Opposite on portside, is the ensuite Head with separate shower. The toilet is ElectraSan and requires no holding tank and is USCG approved. The sole is also teak parquet while the shower has a teak grate with sump pump discharge. The Head sink is molded into the countertop. There is a swing down lighted mirror overhead and lots of storage behind and under sink.
The MSR and Head have their own dedicated digital A/C unit.
Forward Guest Stateroom w/Ensuite Head-Shower
Your guests will be more than comfortable with these accommodations. There are ample sized berths on both port and starboard with lots of storage underneath. Both berths have two opening portholes providing lots of natural light and there is plenty of 12v lighting. The sole is teak parquet in excellent condition. There is a four drawer bureau on centerline aft while on starboard is a large closet with drawer underneath. And a large drop-down desk mounted on forward bulkhead, complete with desk stool.
Forward of, and ensuite, is the Head. It too has an ElectraSan toilet requiring no holding tank. There is lots of storage in overhead sliding door cabinets. The sink is molded into the countertop with new H/C faucet. The anchor locker is accessed through two opening overhead doors in the Head. The shower is part of the Head and is mounted on the starboard aft bulkhead of the Head. A teak grate and sump pump provide discharge of the shower water. There is a large overhead Bowmar hatch providing forward deck access using fold out steps up the aft bulkhead. Lots of light and venting are provided by this hatch.
The Guest Stateroom and Head have their own dedicated digital A/C unit.
Aft Flush Deck/Helm Area
The Flush Deck Helm Area is the traditional Chris Craft layout of double helm centerline forward, with cabin passageway to starboard and entertainment area full aft. There's a full complement of gauges, controls and navigation electronics in the helm area. The helm seats are mounted on a teak platform with lots of storage and an ice maker. The sole is a molded wood pattern anti-skid fiberglass painted (05/2010) in a tasteful "moondust" color. There are two very nautical blue padded canvas chairs, two wicker chairs with wicker footrests and a matching wicker coffee table. The headliner was all new in 2011, as is the entire Stamoid and Eisenglass enclosure and weather covering canvas. There is SS railing with newly varnished cap rails. Port and starboard dockside entrance ways with fold up teak cap rails, lead to Marquipt Tide Stairs. The starboard aft leads to a well constructed ladder down to the swim platform. The Stamoid rollup wing doors lead to both port and starboard deckways forward.
Engine and Mechanical
- Detroit Diesel 8V-53 Naturals with only 2059 hours. Port engine had new sleeves, piston rings and heads pressure tested, new valves and valve job in 2010 at 1900 hours
- Glendinning engine synchronizer
- Redesigned exhaust system at considerable expense
- 9 GPH at cruise speed
- New risers
- Oil changed
- (2) 5 blade propellers installed
- (1) 4 blade spare propeller port side
- (2) Ocean Breeze 9,000 BTU digital A/C units
- (1) CruiseAir 15,000 BTU A/C unit (Salon) with reverse cycle heat pump
- (3) March A/C raw water pumps through single sea cock/strainer to new #80 PVC triple manifold (NO SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE!)
- All running gear with double zinc protection
- New zincs on engines - 2016
- Running Gear--annual hard epoxy paint
- Bottom is professionally cleaned monthly
- New fuel sending units for both tanks - 2010
- Fire suppression system in engine room - certified 2015
- AlgaeX fuel filtration system on two main engines and genset
- Rebuilt inboard & outboard bolt and flanges
- (3) New batteries
- New starter on Port Engine - 2012
- Racor 1000 fuel filters on main engines
- Five years live-aboard - fully maintained and operational
- Rebuilt LectraSans - 2012
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Garmin GPS map 182C
- Garmin Fish Finder 160 Blue with thru-hull transducer
- Uniden QT206 digital depth gauge
- ICOM VHF radio
- Manually controlled spotlight on hardtop
- Remote controlled Guest spotlight on hardtop
- Twin lever cable controls for shifting and throttle
- (2) Tachometers
- SS Destroyer style steering wheel with hydraulic steering
- Full complement of engine gauges
- Engine alarms
- Engine hour meters (2059 / 2013)
- Engine stop fuel cables
- Fuel gauge with toggle port/starboard
- Steering indicator (not working)
- (3) Windshield wipers w/new arms
- Twin SS electric horns
- 15K ONAN Genset - reported less than 700 hours
- New Starter - Genset
- Wet side rebuilt - 2012
- (2) 30amp dockside connections on port
- (2) 30amp dockside connections on starboard
- (4) 50 30amp shore cords (new)
- AC Panel
- DC Panel
Deck and Hull Equipment
- Port & starboard boarding gates
- Swim platform w/ladder going up to the aft deck
- Four opening portlights in the forward stateroom
- Foredeck hatch
- Aft deck enclosures with Eisenglass (July 2010)
- Weather covering panels (July 2010)
- Opening salon windows with screens
- Bow seat with cushions and cover
- Ideal electric gypsy windlass (power up - freefall down)
- Wood varnish pulpit with roller
- Danforth anchor with 150' 3/4" rode / 50' chain
- USCG kit with flares, etc.
- Assortment of new life jackets
- (1) Throwable life ring (NEW)
- Full complement of dock lines and fenders
- (2) Blue deck chairs
- (2) wicker chairs
- Rebuilt icemaker mounted in helm stand (2016)
- Eisenglass and canvas enclosure in flushdeck (2 sets)
- Cover for helm instrumentation
- Cover for helm chair and stand
- Cushions on front deck seating (New 2010)
- NEW Sunbrella weather cover for front deck seating (2015)
- SS railing around gunnels with new varnished teak hand rails
- Marquipt Tide Ride boarding stairs with port and starboard mounting brackets
- Marquipt boarding ladder
- Swim platform w/boarding steps to flushdeck and swing down swim ladder
- Bow sampson post and chocks
- Aft sampson posts port and starboard
- (2) midship cleats on both sides
- Bowmar opening hatch over forward head
- Bowmar opening hatch over aft stateroom
- Opening portholes in forward stateroom and aft stateroom areas
- Lazarette storage in aft flush deck area
- New rub SS strips on lower rub rails (2010)
- New headliner in flushdeck area (2010)
- (4) Storm/Hurricane Piling Extensions
You will NOT find a cleaner more pristine boat than this one. Open checkbook restoration. All furniture is included.
Brokers please note that Stuart Yacht Sales is a 50/50 co-brokerage.
Boat Slip Available at Loggerhead, Hollywood, FL
- $850/month, plus Utilities & Cable