1973 Matthews Flush Deck MY
By anyone's standards - a true classic flush deck motoryacht in great condition. White hull, light walnut interior... old world charm and class. Engines run great, brightwork and paint look superb!
OFFERS ENCOURAGED. PLEASE CALL.
The legacy of the Matthews Company is world renowned. The Halmatic Company of England produced the fiberglass hulls patterned after the Matthews 45' wooden hull built in Port Clinton, Ohio. These fiberglass hulls were then shipped to the Port Clinton facility where the cabins and interiors were built and assembled. One of the first all fiberglass produced boats, the Matthews 46 is a popular hull produced from 1969 to 1975. Her current owners have spent over $100,000 on mechanicals, windows, etc. This is a wonderful boat; professionally maintained by a knowledgable Captain and Chief Engineer over the years. She is an elegant vessel and she continues to retain her character, workmanship & reputation.
She has the convenience and safety of a large motor yacht at a remarkable, affordable price for the Buyer who wants to cruise under affordable diesel power, or stay in her elegant surroundings at dockside.
Vessel Walkthrough & Accommodations
Traditional Flush Deck, double cabin layout; wonderful Aft Deck, fully enclosed with eisenglass and safety glass, with soft wing doors and helm station. From the Aft Deck, down six stairs to the large Saloon.
Forward is two bunk berths, aft to port is the guest head with vanity, and there is a large closet to starboard. The Saloon is up 4 steps and is a large area with lots of seating. The Galley is aft of the Saloon to port and is "U" shaped with a freezer/refrigerator, sink, lots of storage, stove and oven. Aft and down 4 steps is the Master Stateroom with two large twin beds, washer/dryer, the Ensuite Head with stall shower is to starboard, while to port is a very large hanging locker with a vanity aft of that. Aft are port and starboard large berths; There is a dresser between berths. LOTS of large closet and drawer space.
Newly installed wood flooring.
Guest Stateroom with Head and Shower
Guest stateroom is forward with custom fitted elegant comforters, built-in dresser/bureau, large hanging closet, storage under berths & private head with vanity to aft of port berth.
Galley is on the portside and aft in the Saloon (Galley up configuartion). It features a great deal of counter-top space with a standup refrigerator/freezer. There is a stainless steel single sink facing directly to port with a great view out the port sliding window. Aft is the three burner 110v electric Princess stove with oven and lots of overhead cupboard storage. Includes toaster oven. The counter can be extended with the hinged swing-up cutting board.
Down 6 steps from the Aft Deck is seating for 6 with the light walnut paneled Saloon. There is fantastic natural lighting/ventilation; a very comfortable area to entertain. On port is a sofa with 3-drawer storage that converts to a double bed. There are several cabinets for storage. It is fully carpeted with a nice tasteful throw rug. There is a wet bar forward to starboard with ice maker, and two wicker chairs on starboard with a wicker box storage table separating them.
Master Stateroom and Ensuite Head w/Shower
Owners' Stateroom is aft & down from the Saloon. This is a huge stateroom; two oversized twin berths w/built-in six drawer dresser/bureau between berths, one large drawer at the foot of each berth (with a Splendide washer/dryer above on the starboard side), dresser and desk on the port. There are two full closets & ensuite head & shower.
The beds have matching tasteful modern comforters and there is a newly installed wood floor.
- Onan 8Kw Genset, fresh water cooled, low hours; hot end rebuilt, engine completely serviced
- Shorepower Dual Hookups (50A each) - (Stbd not working)
- One 50amp shore power cord
- Batteries (2) 8D (new 12/09)
- Battery Charger Charles Industries model C-Charger
- Full 12VDC Panel
- Full 125VAC Panel
- Cruiseaire A/C's with reverse cycle; recently serviced
- Bilge Pumps
- Bilge Blower
Engine and Mechanical
- Twin Detroit Diesel Engines, model 671 Naturals, 250 HP, hours unknown-however port rebuilt in 11/1996 (records show about 1,000 hours SMOH), starboard in 11/2002 (records show less than 450 SMOH), fresh water cooled. Engines completely serviced in 2013 - 2014
- Racor fuel filters installed
- Morse cable controls - two throttle and two shifting
- Hynautic hydraulic steering
- Bennett trim tabs
- 1 1/2" SS prop shafts
- Cruisair Heat and Air in three zones with controls located in the Guest Suite, Main Saloon, and Master Stateroom. Serviced in 2013
- Fuel tankage two 200 gallon stainless steel mounted on port and starboard under MSR beds
- Water tank is aluminum and 85 gallons (2000)
- Fresh water house pump
- Holding tank is one 20 gallon polythylene tank (new 2002 & has TankWatch)
- (2) Sealand VacuFlush toilets with Lectra/San treatment device - all rebuilt in 2008
- Three Options for Head discharge
- (A) Direct overboard with treatment
- (B) Holding Tank - mascerator pumpout overboard
- (C) Holding Tank - Deck pump out
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Classic Ships Wheel with SS ring
- Full set of engine gauges at helm - new 2013
- Trim tab rocker switches
- Dual shifter and throttle controls - re-chromed in 2014
- Rudder angle indicator
- Compass- Ritchie 6"
- Furuno Radar - 24 mile
- Standard Horizon VHF radio
- Depth Finder - Benmar flashing sonar
- Sea Ranger PL-1B depth sounder
- Apelco Hailer
- Electric horn
- 10" Overhead mechanical spotlight (needs re-wiring)
- (3) Windshield wipers - new wiper arms and blades
- Stereo and TV in Saloon
- Chelsea Clock
- Chelsea Barometer/Temp
Deck and Hull
- Ideal Windlass - power up/freefall down (new in 2014)
- (2) Danforth anchors, 30' chain and 300' rode (estimated)
- SS Bow deckplate with chocks
- SS Sampson post
- SS bow and side rails
- Side stanchions w/lifelines
- Fiberglass non-skid deck
- Full aft deck enclosure new in 2003-excellent condition
- Cushions for front deck seating new in 2003
- Furniture on aft deck includes 4 patio chairs and round glass table
- Set of Edison (removable) dinghy davits
- Fenders & lines
- Navigation lights
- Fiberglass Deck storage box on bow
- Power center windshield window (rebuilt, re-chromed)
- (3) Windshield wipers
- New custom swim platform with swim ladder
You won't find a better example of a classic grand old motoryacht. Her brightwork is superb, her paint shines - she is well taken care of. She is tastefully decorated with soft goods, carpet, etc. She gives a warm inviting feeling. The outdoor canvas and Eisenglass are near perfect and there is Textaline on the cabin and forward Helm glass. She won't disappoint you if you are looking for a classic that will stand out at any yacht club or marina.
UPDATES IN 2012 - 2014
- Main Engines heat exchangers rebuilt; port engine blower rebuilt
- Genset's hot end rebuilt; genset completely serviced (heat exchanger, raw water pump, etc.)
- All A/C's serviced
- Lectrasan serviced
- Washer/Dryer completely serviced
- All seacocks and thru-hulls replaced
- Cutlass bearing replaced
- All cabin windows and frames replaced
- All windshield windows and frames replaced
- New oversized swim platform with ladder
- Specially designed exhaust system
- New dash gauges and rechromed shifter/throttle housings at dash
- New Windlass
Note to all Florida Licensed Brokers: Bartram and Brakenhoff is a 50/50 co-brokerage house for vessels listed under $300,000.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please note: Engine hours shown here are as of the original listing date and are an account of what the Listing Broker was told by the Owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The Broker cannot guarantee the accuracy of engine and/or genset hours. It is the responsibility of the Buyer and/or his Agent/Surveyor to verify engine/genset hours, as well as all other representations noted on the Listing Brochure.