1974 Hatteras 53 Motor Yacht
** SOLD **
The sellers have updated AURELIA by covering most of the interior dark wood bulkheads and doors with textured wall covering and high gloss paint. New Berber carpets, matching fabrics and wood mini-blinds are coordinated and show well. The galley is updated with Corian solid surface countertops and stainless steel appliances. Newer black Sunbrella bimini and aft deck enclosure bring the 53 into a more modern look.
The Hatteras 53 MY was introduced in the 1970s and was considered an excellent yacht-aside from her rugged construction and traditional profile is her spacious and very comfortable accommodations. Built on a beamy modified V-hull with a deep keel, the 53 was considered a luxurious motor yacht in an era when Hatteras Yachts were considered the upscale yacht to own. The three stateroom floor plan is arranged with the galley down, and a split engine rooms which flank the corridor leading to the master stateroom. The lower helm and pilot house is completely open to the large salon which provides the Captain with an excellent panoramic view. The aft deck is enclosed with newer Sunbrella aft curtains and a hard top. The aft deck is a perfect spot for entertainment and relaxation. Wing doors open to the wide side decks and the huge flybridge has a dingy hoist and storage chocks aft and seating for a crowd. The flybridge overhangs partially protect the side decks for sun and rain.
Perfect for a cruising, entertaining, or live aboard. The 53 MY offers more living space and more storage space than you would expect in a 53 ft. motor yacht. One reason is the 15’ 10” beam. The other-it’s a Hatteras!
As most yachting enthusiasts know, no one can treat you to the luxuries on home on the water a way Hatteras can. Knowing design and tasteful executions are reflected throughout the entire lower levels.
AURELIA is a beautiful and well cared for example of the 53 MY. Her current owner’s change of plans dictates her sale. Only a personal walk through tour will do AMURELIA justice. Contact the listing broker for a personal tour.
You can board the Hatteras 53 by way of the swim platform and up a ladder to the aft deck or by way of the port or starboard boarding gates with removable steps or ladder. Once onboard the side decks allow entry onto the interior spaces through either the port or starboard pilot house sliding doors. The aft deck has port and starboard wings doors from the side decks. From the aft deck entry is into the main salon through double doors.
Starting on the port side deck and forward is the bow deck with mounted fiberglass storage boxes mounted the port and starboard bow. Forward of the cabin top is built-in seating. The side decks are wide and offer ease of maneuverability around the vessel. From the aft deck to the pilot house the flybridge deck overhang protects the decks. Additionally, from the aft deck doors to the pilot house doors there are varnished teak railings. From the pilot house to the bow are stainless steel stanchions with railings and a coated life line. There are port and starboard boarding gates with teak railings. The aft deck has port and starboard wing doors. The aft deck is large and has furniture to include a couch, and four chairs and an ottoman. There is a coffee and end table. The beautiful stainless steel ladder is along the starboard side and afford easy access onto the flybridge deck. The aft deck is enclosed a Sunbrella enclosure with roll up windows. Also entry onto the swim platform is down a stainless steel ladder from the aft deck. The aft deck is a wonderful spot to relax or entertain with a large aft sofa, starboard side love seat and two matching chairs along the port side.
Entry into the main salon is through double entry doors. Immediately to starboard is an end table and a sofa. To port are two seating chairs and a table between. A large flat screen TV is mounted on the port side bulkhead, between the seating chairs. The salon features beautiful Berber carpeting with matching fabrics and valances, and wood mini-blinds. All the way forward and accessible by either side of the PH seat is the pilot house. There are sliding entry doors port and starboard. The helm visibility is excellent with a 360 degree panoramic view. The pilot house is nicely appointed and all engine controls and gauges are within easy reach. Electrical panels are in cabinets in the pilot house. Along the starboard side is a curved stairway leading to the galley area. Along the steps and outboard is a built-in storage area. As you enter the galley and to starboard is the dinette with fore and aft facing seating for four. Outboard of the dinette is a storage area and there is additional storage drawers under each seat. To port is the large L-shaped galley area with a large side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator/freezer and home style appliances that will please the onboard chef. There is plenty of storage in cabinets and drawers both above and below the countertops. Access into the generator room is through a hatch in the parquet galley sole.
All the way forward and down two steps is the crew cabin with starboard side upper and lower bunks, port side storage cabinets and drawers and a large book shelf above. To port and aft is the ensuite head with an electric toilet, mirrored vanity, and hand held shower. Across for the head entry is the laundry center with full size stacked washer and dryer. The step treads each open for storage. Aft of the galley and down three steps (with storage under the treads) is entry into the main stateroom area. Further aft and down the companionway, on the port and starboard sides are the separate engine rooms with forward and aft door entry. Further aft and along the starboard side is access into the guest head a Lectra-San head, mirrored vanity, and separate shower stall that is shared with the master head. Across from the head entry and along the port side is the guest cabin with twin berths, storage drawers under berth, outboard sliding door cabinets, and a large hanging locker. A flat screen TV is mounted on the forward bulkhead. All the way aft is the master cabin with a queen center-line berth and whicker headboard. Along the port side is an enormous storage cabinet with multiple drawers and top shelving. There is a large bi-fold door hanging locker, and a port side night stand. Along the starboard side is a cabinet with drawer storage with a top shelf and a night stand. Behind the upholstered headboard are beautiful sliding panels to hide the aft hatches. Along the starboard side and forward in the main stateroom is the master head with mirrored vanity, electric head, and a shower stall shared with the guest cabin head.
Located down four steps from the pilot house, the galley is large and offers home style appliances, ample counter top and storage spaces, and the large side windows offer excellent natural lighting and ventilation. The four person dinette is located along the starboard side. Flooring is wood parquet. Access into the generator room is through a sole hatch.
- Blue speckled Corian counter tops with white sink and faucet with sprayer
- Countertop fiddles
- Whirlpool side by side stainless steel refrigerator/freezer
- GE Nautilus under counter full size dishwasher
- GE Profile microwave/convection oven built in above stove top
- Whirlpool GOLD electric 4 burner stove top
- White cabinets in galley
- Ample storage drawers and cabinets above and below the counters
- Fiberglass and teak trim bow pulpit
- Primary anchor with chain and rope and stainless steel swivel
- Stainless steel anchor roller
- Ideal electric windlass with foot and helm controls
- Stainless steel hawse pipe for the primary anchor chain
- Bow deck port and starboard fiberglass storage boxes
- Bow fresh and raw water wash down spigots
- Pompanette helm chair on fly bridge
- Forward seating on the bridge with storage under the cushions
- Teak hand rails from pilot house doors aft
- Stainless steel stanchions with coated life lines from teak rails forward
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Marquipt aluminum boarding steps and ladder with mounts on side railing
- Stainless steel radar arch
- Swim platform with stainless steel ladder to aft deck
- Electric dingy hoist mounted on aft starboard bridge
- Dingy chocks aft bridge deck
- Port and starboard dock water connections
- Port and starboard electrical connections with protective door
- Port and starboard telephone and cable TV connection
- Wide side decks with overhead flybridge extension
- Outdoor furniture on aft deck with table
- Black Sunbrella bimini and aft deck enclosure
- Raymarine RL80C color chart plotter and radar display
- Raymarine radar dome mounted on radar arch
- Standard Horizon Quantum VHF radio with DSC
- Danforth Constellation compass
- Bennett trim tabs
- Guest remote controlled spot light
- Hatteras engine alarm display with warning sound and lights
- (3) windshield wipers for lower helm
- Danforth Constellation compass
- Raymarine RL80C color chart plotter and radar display
- Raymarine radar done on radar arch
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF radio with DSC
- Datamarine International depth indictor
- Datamarine International speed and distance indicator
- Guest remote controlled spotlight
- Bennett trim tabs
- Jensen MWR21 remote for radio
Multiple electrical panels are all easy to access and well are well laid out and marked.
- 12 and 32 volt DC power with separate distribution panels
- 120 and 240 volt AC power with separate distribution panels
- 12 and 32 volt DC electrical panel with circuit breakers
- 120 and 240 volt AC electrical panel with circuit breakers
- Onan diesel generator, fresh water cooled, with 500 hours, in sound shield
- Racor primary fuel filter with vacuum gauge for genset
- 50 Amp shore power with cord and splitters, port and starboard connections
- Xantrex Tru-Charge 40 Amp 12 volt multistage battery charger
- Sentry 32 volts 30 Amp battery charger
- (4) Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioners with electronic and knob controls
- Raritan Marine 11 gallon hot water heater
- 240 volt AC panel for air conditioning systems in port engine room
- Separate engine room battery switches for each engine
- Separate Air Conditioning AC power distribution panel in port engine room
- RCA flat screen TV with built-in DVD player mounted on port salon bulkhead
- RCA flat screen TV with built-in DVD player in master stateroom
- Jensen MCD5112 AM/FM/CD player with remote speakers
- Whirlpool stacked washer and dryer in forward stateroom laundry center
- Galley Maid Marine 120 volt fresh water pump
- Dual stainless steel trumpet horns
The engine rooms are divided into the port and starboard side outboard of the hallway between the forward and master staterooms. Each engine room has an access door forward for easy entry and an aft door for access to the transmission and aft spaces. Side panels can be removed for access to the inboard aspect of each engine.
- Detroit Diesel engines, fresh water cooled. One has been rebuilt with under 200 hours, one has 2000 hours.
- Allison M20H transmissions
- Morse engine and transmission controls at both helms
- Engine instrumentation with gauges at both helms
- Glendinning synchronizer with pull switch at both helms
- SS destroyer steering wheels at both helms
- Hynautic hydraulic steering systems
- Stainless steel shafts with packing gland shaft logs
- Engine room and genset room fire suppression system with automatic and pull handles
- Racor primary fuel filters with vacuum gauge
- Hatteras Systems Monitor with alarms for water, exhaust & drive temp, oil pressure
- Engine room fresh water spigots
WOW! A well cared for 53 MY that shows pride in ownership. All onboard manuals, logs, and maintenance records are available. A beautiful Hatteras not to be missed.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.