1977 Bertram Custom Extended Motoryacht
Be sure to watch the videos!
Incredible opportunity to own a fantastic one-of-a-kind yacht at a rock-bottom price! Sea Eagle III is on the market again, and is undergoing a refit by her current owners. Be sure to look at the professional renderings of her planned interior.
Owner financing available with 50% down.
Sea Eagle III began her life as a 58' Bertram, built in 1977. Then, in 1989, Derecktor Shipyard in Dania, Florida, added a 13' $500,000 extension that added two en-suite staterooms aft, a larger salon and a larger flybridge. She now offers five staterooms plus room for crew, a separate dining salon and a full lower control station. She has undergone continual upgrades from her different owners, including rebuilt 12V71TI's, a total repaint, professional interior design work, and much more! She's part of a film project that is currently in production, where the owners are chronicling her refit and have added countless extras since they purchased her.
The price is negotiable depending on the current stage of the refit process. You could choose to buy her as-is for the price listed, or wait for the refit to be complete. Owner estimates that the refit is 80% complete, and once she is refitted her value will skyrocket. She can be custom finished for another $200,000, and will be perfect in every way. She could easily be chartered for $15,000 a week, or serve as someone's private luxury vessel. Either way, come see this special vessel!
- No other boat out there like her!
- New bottom job!
- New custom hard top on bridge ($42,000 value!)
- Holds 1850 gallons of fuel and 275 gallons of water for extended cruising
- NEW KiloPak 32 KW Diesel Generator
- Rebuilt KiloPak 27 KN Diesel Generator with 14 hours since rebuild!
- Set up for charter or to be your private yacht
- Cruises at 16 knots
- All custom work completed by top-notch yards such as Derektor and PipeWelders
- Current refit supervised by professional interior designer--ask about renderings!
- Her engines are a powerhouse--twin Detroit Diesel 650 HP 12VT71TI's, impeccably maintained
- NEW glass in lower helm, new wipers and new navigational lights to be installed September 2016
- Horn of great quality to be re-plated and installed September 2016
- Both 1977 top of the line RITCHIE compasses have been professionally restored and installed by Lauderdale Compass- can’t get them like these anymore
- ALL NEW MACERATOR PUMPS
- ALL NEW holding tanks
- ALL NEW Vacu-flush toilets and plumbing.
- TWO NEW 50 AMP Shore power cords
- NEW 30 gallon hot water heater
- NEW BATTERIES
Owners are in the process of a total refit, and are willing to sell her as-is with the above features, OR complete the following a higher, negotiable, price. The concept drawings are professional renderings of what they envision the interior to look like once their refit is completed. The refit would include the following:
- 6 staterooms and 6 heads
- A full beam kitchen
- King Master Stateroom
- Queen VIP Stateroom
- Two Cabins with Two Single Berths
- Captain's cabin with convertible Queen and a single berth
- Cew quarters with criss-cross two single berths
- Laundry room
- Dining salon
- Lower and upper helms
- Observation/dining area
- Large upper salon
- Large flybridge with dining, arbecue grill, refrigerator, ice maker
- Dingy storage with NEW $15,000 davit
- New electric windlass for front and also an additional davit for toys upfront
Come see her today! She's in Fort Lauderdale. This is a unique boat with many interesting stories--she will turn heads and take you anywhere you want to go in style! Call me!
OVERVIEW: 5 staterooms. There are 5 owner and guest
staterooms including 4 guest heads and 4 guest showers. Spacious and perfect for charter or cruising in comfort. Currently undergoing full renovations! Ask for drawings and current photos! They will be added to the listing as projects are completed!
Engine(s): Detroit Diesels
Engine Model: 12V71TI
Engine HP: 650
Cruising Speed: 16
Max Speed: 18
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Varnished teak parquet sole
- Whirlpool compact freezer
- Water tank level gauges
- Kenmore refrigerator
- Sliding cabinet doors
- Four burner top and oven
- Full size Pantry
- Double stainless sinks
- Vent-A-Hood exhaust fan w/light
- Engine Room acces
Main Deck, Forward
Main Deck, Aft
Main Deck, Aft
Nav Station, Main Deck
Navigation Station, Main Deck
Engine Room and Mechanical Equipment
History & Broker's Comments
In 1989, Sea Eagle's owner commissioned Dave Napier, the original designer of the Bertram 58, to design an extension for his 58' Bertram that would include two additional staterooms and an enlarged salon and deck above. Derecktor in Dania, Florida completed the refit at a cost of well over $500,000. Dee Robinson then designed a beautiful interior.
In 1993 she was purchased by a new owner. Continual upgrades by a conscientious owner included a $70,000 rebuild of the main engines in Fall '99, repaint of the topsides in the Fall of 2000, etc.
She has been used for both personal cruising and charter operations from Nantucket to Granada. She offers unparalelled facilities, including four double staterooms plus crew, large upper Salon with Dining Salon below, enormous Flybridge with dining area, etc.
Her current owners are in the process of yet another refit, making this one of the most well-preserved and well-taken-care-of motor yachts on the market. She is a special boat!