1978 Hatteras 58 Motoryacht
** SOLD **
UNDER CONTRACT IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS! Contact me to list and sell your boat!
PERSISTENCE is a beautiful Hatteras 58 MY that shows the owner’s meticulous care. The interior woodwork show no signs of water damage or staining and the recently redone interior fabrics and furniture match perfectly. This one is not to be missed and should be the next 58 sold.
The Hatteras 58 MY was introduced in the early 1970s and was considered an excellent yacht-aside from her rugged construction and traditional profile is her spacious and very comfortable accommodations. Built on a beamy modified V-hull with a deep keel, the 58 MY was considered a luxurious motor yacht in an era when Hatteras Yachts were considered the upscale yacht to own. The three stateroom floor plan is arranged with a custom galley up, and a split engine rooms which flank the corridor leading to the master stateroom. The lower helm and pilot house are large which provides the Captain with an excellent panoramic view. The aft deck is enclosed on three sides with sliding side windows and an aft curtain. The aft deck is carpeted with a built in cabinet and refrigerator for those afternoon glasses of wine. The aft deck is a perfect spot for entertainment and relaxation.
Perfect for a cruising, entertaining, or live aboard. PERSISTENCE offers more living space and more storage space than you would expect in a 58 ft. motor yacht. One reason is the wide beam. The other-it’s a Hatteras!
The salon, consequently, is more than large. It is comfortable, pleasantly spacious. With a wide entry door, the salon will let you expand living space to include the aft deck. The aft deck is protected by a hardtop and ventilating side windows. Access to the flybridge is up a lower helm port side ladder. Everyone wants their moment in the sun and the bridge deck allows that and it will lounge a crowd.
As most yachting enthusiasts know, no one can treat you to the luxuries on home on the water a way Hatteras can. Knowing design and tasteful executions are reflected throughout the entire lower levels. The richness of hand fitted and hand finished wood creates a natural background with the beautiful interior fabrics.
PERSISTENCE is a beautiful and well cared for example of the 58 MY. Her current owner’s change of plans dictates her sale. They recently upgraded into a 70 Hatteras! Only a personal walk through tour will do her justice. Contact the listing broker for a personal tour.
You can board the Hatteras 58 by way of the port or starboard boarding gates with removable steps. Once onboard the side decks allow entry onto the interior spaces through either the port or starboard pilot house sliding doors. From the aft deck entry is into the main salon through also through a sliding door.
Starting on the bow deck is access to the bow pulpit which has teak inlays. The windlass is readily accessible. There are two large storage boxes mounted to the forward deck. Forward of the cabin top is built-in seating and storage. The side decks are wide and offer ease of maneuverability around the vessel. From the aft deck to the pilot house the flybridge deck overhang protects the decks. Additionally, from the aft deck doors to the pilot house doors there are varnished teak railings. From the pilot house to the bow are stainless steel stanchions with teak railings and a coated life line. There are port and starboard boarding gates with teak railings. The aft deck is large and has a four seat table and two wicker chairs and a wicker bureau with three drawers to port.
Entry from the aft deck and into the main salon is through the sliding entry door. There is a large fixed window that allows excellent visibility and natural light to the main salon. As you enter and to port is a large sofa and two matching chairs to starboard. Between the chairs is a table. Aft is a large mounted flat screen TV. Forward and to port is the custom built upper galley. The galley offers access to the salon and affords the onboard chef direct communication with guests. The galley is “U” shaped and offers all the amenities of home with Corian countertops, full sized appliances and plenty of storage and countertop spaces. Along the starboard side and just before entering the pilothouse is a large built-in liquor locker with a clear acrylic door. The salon features beautiful carpeting with matching fabrics and valances. All the way forward is the pilot house. There are sliding entry doors port and starboard. The helm visibility is excellent. The pilot house seat seats two easily and all engine controls and gauges are within easy reach. Electrical panels are in cabinets in the pilot house. Access to the flybridge is by way of a teak ladder from the pilot house to the bridge. Along the starboard side of the lower helm is a curved stairway leading to the “original” galley area. As you enter the galley and to starboard is the dinette with fore and aft facing seating for four. Outboard of the dinette is a storage area and there is additional storage drawers under each seat. To port and across from the dinette is the large original “U” shaped galley area. The appliances have been removed and the area is now set up with storage cabinets and a large stainless steel tool cabinet. There is a small wet bar and ice maker along outboard section. Access into the generator room is through a hatch in the galley sole.
All the way forward and down two steps is the guest cabin with starboard side upper and lower bunks, port side storage cabinets and drawers and a large book shelf above. To port and aft is the ensuite head with electric toilet, mirrored vanity, and separate shower stall. Across for the head entry is a large locker with a stacked full size washer and dryer. The step treads each open for storage. Aft of the galley and down three steps is entry into the main stateroom area. Entry into the port and starboard engine rooms is located in the hallway. Aft and along the starboard side is access into the guest head with an electric head, mirrored vanity, and separate shower stall. Across from the head entry and along the port side is the guest cabin with twin berths, storage drawers under berth, a forward bulkhead with storage cabinets above, and an aft hanging locker. All the way aft is the master cabin with a queen center-line berth. Along the port side is an enormous storage cabinet with multiple drawers and top shelving and a forward mirrored vanity with multiple AC lights. There is also a large walk-in closet, with safe, featuring bi-fold doors. Along the starboard side is a large cabinet with multiple drawer storage with a top shelf. Both the port and starboard sides have a built-in night stands and above them are bookshelves. Along the starboard side and forward in the main stateroom is the master head with mirrored vanity, electric head, and a separate tub and shower combination.
The flybridge is massive and will seat a crowd and is protected by stainless steel rains and Sunbrella coaming boards. There are two Todd helm chairs and an “L” shaped seating area aft and along the starboard side with Sunbrella cushions and storage under the seats. Overhead is a hardtop and the side and helm curtains are white Stamoid with roll up sides. Aft is an electric davit and mounted Boston Whaler dinghy. Visibility is excellent and a full array of engine and navigation instrumentations make the bridge an excellent place to gather and operate.
Located forward in the main salon, the galley is large and offers home style appliances, ample Corian counter top and storage spaces, and the large side windows offer excellent natural lighting and ventilation.
- Corian countertops with molded sink, single lever faucet with sprayer
- Sink soap dispenser
- Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator with lower freezer drawer
- Frigidaire full size oven
- Jenn-Air two burner stove top with side grill insert
- Rival microwave oven
- Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher
- Galley ventilation fan
- Full galley upper and lower cabinets and drawers
- Full length liquor locker with acrylic door
- Black and Decker refrigerator/freezer on aft deck
- U-Line ice maker in lower original galley with wet bar
- Dingy chocks aft of dinghy lift
- Marquipt JL2-1500 750 lbs. `electric dingy hoist mounted on aft starboard bridge
- Swim platform with stainless steel ladder to aft deck
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel stanchions with coated life lines from teak rails forward
- Teak hand rails from pilot house doors aft
- Marquipt aluminum boarding steps
- Stainless steel hawse pipe for the primary anchor chain
- Primary Danforth 75 lbs. with chain rode
- Ideal windlass with chain and rope rode capabilities
- Fiberglass and teak trim bow pulpit with stainless steel anchor rollers
- Boston Whaler fiberglass dinghy with outboard and lift
- Port and starboard dock water connections
- Port and starboard electrical connections with protective acrylic door
- Port and starboard telephone and cable TV connection
- Wide side decks with overhead flybridge extension
- Teak furniture on aft deck with table and (4) chairs
- Radar arch with various antennas mounted
- Hardtop on bridge with three sided Stamoid enclosure
- Aft Deck enclosed with sliding side windows and Stamoid aft enclosure
- Solid fiberglass bridge deck coaming boards
- (2) storage boxes mounted on forward deck
Electronics & Helm
- Danforth Constellation compass
- Raytheon Ray 430 loudhailer with remote speaker
- Raytheon Ray 201 VHF radio
- Autohelm depth indicator
- Signet Dual Log Trip indictor
- Signet Knot Meter
- Signet rudder angle indicator
- Signet wind direction and wind speed indicator
- Davis Weather Monitor II
- Wood-Freeman autopilot
- Hatteras Systems Monitor with audible and visual alarms
- Naiad stabilizer controls
- Bennett trim tabs
- Ray-Light remote controlled spotlight
- Forward and aft docking lights
- Danforth Constellation compass
- Lowrance HDS10 Insight fish finder and depth indicator
- Garmin 4212 GPS Map color chart plotter
- Garmin 3010C GPM Map color chart plotter
- Raytheon Ray 218 VHF with DSC
- Hatteras Systems Monitor with audible and visual alarms
- Wood-Freeman autopilot control
- Signet rudder angle indicator
- Naiad stabilizer control
- Bennett trim tabs
- Separate engine room battery switches for each engine
- 240 volt AC panel for air conditioning systems in engine room
- 50 Amp shore power with cords and splitters, port and starboard connections
- Racor primary fuel filter for genset
- Onan generator remote start and stop and lower helm
- Onan 13.5 KW diesel generator, fresh water cooled, fore and aft in the generator room with sound shield and only 450 hours
- GFI protected electrical receptacles
- 120 and 240 volt AC electrical panel with circuit breakers
- Hatteras installed 12 and 24 volt DC electrical panel with sub distribution breakers
- 120 and 240 volt AC power with separate distribution panels
- 12 and 24 volt DC power with separate distribution panel
- Separate Air Conditioning AC power distribution panel in port engine room
- Cruise Air marine air conditioning/reverse cycle heating systems with Honeywell cabin controls
- Pro-Sport 30 Amp battery charger for genset battery
- Sentry 40 Amp charger
- LaMarche Constavolt battery charger/inverter for main and house batteries
- 30 gallon hot water heater
- Vizio flat screen TV in main salon mounted on stainless steel mount
- Trac-Vision satellite TV with DirecTV
- Sony STR-DR840 AM/FM receiver in main salon with remote speakers
- Sharp 5 disc CD player with MP3 capability
- Newmar telephone/intercom system throughout vessel
- Dual trumpet horn
- Stainless steel remote controlled spot light with remotes at both helms
- (3) lower helm windshield wipers with washer
The engine rooms are divided into the port and starboard side outboard of the hallway between the forward and master staterooms. Each engine room has an access door forward for easy entry and an aft door for access to the transmission and aft spaces. Side panels can be removed for access to the inboard aspect of each engine. Lighting is excellent with both DC and overhead AC fluorescent lighting.
Well cared for by local Detroit Diesel technician
Detroit Diesel fresh water cooled 8V92TI engines with *2500 hours
- Allison Marine transmissions
- Engine fuel priming pumps
- Morse stainless steel hydraulic engine and transmission controls at both helms
- Engine instrumentation with gauges at both helms
- Hatteras System Monitor with visual and audible alarms at both helms
- Glendinning synchronizer with pull switch at both helms
- Stainless steel destroyer steering wheels at both helms
- Hynautic hydraulic steering systems
- 3 inch stainless steel shafts with bronze propellers
- Oil exchanging system for engines and transmissions
- Engine room and genset room fire suppression system with automatic and pull handles
- Racor primary fuel filters with vacuum gauge for each engine in each engine room
- Algae-X fuel systems for each main engine
- Engine room fresh water spigots
WOW! A well cared for 58 MY that shows pride in ownership. Most onboard manuals, logs, and maintenance records are available. A beautiful Hatteras not to be missed.
Delivery and Insurance information available from listing broker
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Mechanical Disclaimer
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.