1980 Broward Breaux Baycraft
BAYOU is the perfect blend of a masculine bluewater cruiser with the comforts of a classic gentlemen’s yacht of yesteryear. Rich gloss raised panel wood interior, brass hardware throughout and nautical colors of blue, crème and whites provide the ambiance. The exterior is highlighted by her flag blue hull, varnished cap rails and natural teak decks.
She has been thoroughly modernized with updated WiFi communication, A/V systems, Navigation electronics and newer 4-cycle engine power. She can also travel abroad taking power through her Atlas power converter. Bayou’s replacement cost would easily exceed 15MM so, as offered, she's noted to be a “Best Buy” for any prospective purchaser considering larger or newer vessels.
Originally constructed as a yacht by one of the Gulf Coast finest offshore crew boat builders, Breaux Bay Craft, Bayou shows her proud heritage throughout. She has covered walk-around decks with teak cap rails and a semi flush deck with pilothouse all the way forward.
The foredeck has bench lounge seating, ships bell and access to the dual anchor windlasses and anchor lockers. The flybridge helm station and boat deck is accessed from the pilothouse and or from the mid ship salon entry and the aft deck. The aft deck has bench seating, dining tables and a wet bar. The lower cockpit is accessed from port and starboard stairwells and has a centerline engine room access forward under the aft deck seating. Bayou has a generous 24’ hull beam and a lower profile also gives stability and allows for shallow water ports and anchorages. Her current owner for the last nine years has consistently updated almost every system on board. She has been refit on several occasions with the last major refit done in 2013 whereby four new engines were installed. She has also benefitted from full time crew and an owner who spares no expense. Details of the refit are listed below. Bayou has the classic flag blue hull paint, black bottom with Matterhorn white stripe and Matterhorn white deck colors and always maintained in “yacht condition”.
She is a semi displacement hull with hard chines with welded aluminum plate (reported 5/8") construction on aluminum channel frames and stringers. From bow to stern there are 36 frames on 24” centers 2.5” and .5” flat bar. Bulkheads are ¼” plate with angle stiffeners. Deck plating is welded to the hull deck joint with aluminum backing plates. Cabin and flybridge superstructure is welded aluminum plate joined to the deck joint. This narrow stringer construction system allows for a very stiff and strong hull creating a better ride in rougher seas.
The Pilothouse is forward and can be accessed through side deck doors both port and starboard, as well as from a companionway to the boat deck on the port side. The far-forward location of the wheelhouse provides good visibility. A centerline helm seat provides comfortable seating for three to four people and is surrounded by mahogany woodwork with a satin finish and a teak and maple varnished floor.
Just aft of and a few steps above the helm seat is an open office space that includes two computer work stations, bookcases, and drawers. Overhead throughout the wheelhouse are white upholstered paneled headliners. The open space forward of the wheelhouse console allows access to the back of all electronics, and sole hatches pull up with copious amounts of storage below. On the starboard side immediately before exiting to the main foyer and below the office area is a large freezer space.
On the main deck level aft of the pilothouse is a sound proof Library/Office/Stateroom. It is sound proofed and furnished with wood flooring, beige suede headliner, Birdseye Maple wood bulwarks, bulkhead and cabinetry. Forward there is cedar-lined hanging locker, center burl in-layed desk which removes and hides a queen mattress that slides out of the wall forward and converts into a berth. There are bookcases on either side of desk, port side viewing window, and an occasional chair. The port side bulwarks has a built-in Sony 32” Blueray Disc television, large mirror bulkhead with bookcases on both sides of the bulkhead mirror. There is an ensuite bath equipped with black Granite countertop, a white mica wood base vanity with oval China sink bowl, glass door with a white and beige Marble stall, and a flush toilet.
The Master stateroom is accessed from the dining area by going down the starboard side circular stairways to the lower level foyer. A port side locker accommodates a Kenmore combo washer and dryer with ample storage.
This stateroom is furnished with a king size bed with night stands on either side. Wood flooring, beige suede headliner, two port and two starboard opening portlights, port and starboard love seats, two 4-drawer chest of drawers with a desk between, forward hanging locker, and port side mirrored door with a cedar-lined hanging locker make this a spacious and comfortable Master’s suite. It is furnished with his and her ensuite bath facilities equipped with an opening portlight, L-shaped beige Marble countertop, white lacquer wood vanities with oval China sinks, flush toilets and a Jacuzzi tub. There is a hide-away Samsung 46" LED HD TV with WiFi inside of a Cherry wood enclosure at the foot of the bed. An LG Blue Ray player, Direct TV receiver, Sony digital audio video control center, and a Secure Vault Safe are stored in a starboard side cabinet.
The Port Guest Stateroom is furnished with a king size bed, night stand, wood flooring, beige suede headliner, Cherry wood bulwarks, 4- drawer chest of drawers, and a Sony 32" TV. The stateroom is furnished with an ensuite bath equipped with a flush toilet, beige Marble countertop, lacquer white wood vanity with round Chin sink bowl, and an enclosed shower stall with glass shower door with Jacuzzzi tub. Deck sole in bath facility has access to stabilizer.
The Starboard Guest Stateroom is furnished with a queen bed, cedar-lined hanging locker, portlight, built-in bookcase with storage cabinets below, 4-drawer chest of drawers, blue wall paper and Cherry wood bulwarks, beige suede headliner, and a Sony 32” Blueray Disc LCD TV. The port side Guest stateroom has an ensuite bath equipped with portlight, beige Marble floor, L-shaped beige granite countertop, a white lacquer base vanity, mirrored medicine cabinet, flush toilet, and a glass door enclosed Marble floor tiled shower stall.
The starboard side stair forward of the pilothouse accesses the lower level Crew's Quarters. There are two crew staterooms and one captain’s cabin. The crew quarters are equipped with two ensuite heads. There is a starboard side crew's galley with L-shaped seating and a dining table. There is Kenmore over and under combo washer and dryer in this area. Crew galley has monitor camera and GOST monitor. All crew cabins have TV, and SAT TV receivers.
Galley and Dining
The Galley is U-shaped with stainless steel counter tops, and folding dutch door counter, white lacquer wood cabinetry. Cospolich stainless steel over and under four door refrigerator/freezer, two Viking stainless steel ovens, self cleaning and thermal convection, Dacor modular six-burner glass top range, Viking stainless steel wine cooler, Viking stainless steel dishwasher, GE stainless steel microwave oven, gourmet dual stainless steel sink, a Braun overhead exhaust fan, Excalibur Dehydrator 9 tray, PolyScience sous VIDE, non slip vinyl flooring, and white Mica bulwarks.
Teak wood thresholds and teak floors. Round high gloss varnished cherry wood dining table with eight cherry wood chairs with white fabric cushion seats. There is a built in refrigerator/drink cooler built into the port side cabinetry. Overhead of the dining room table is an octagon recessed ceiling with cherry wood molding and wood work with inlaid mirrored panels. The dining area bulwarks and cabinetry are high gloss varnished cherry wood. The formal dining area has an L-shaped wet bar with stainless steel sink bowl and faucet. There is a Hoshizaki ice maker. The floor around the wet bar area has teak and holly deck sole.
Flybridge and Deck Overview
The flybridge is accessed from the pilothouse through a hatch to port. The helm is centerline. After the helm station console is a wet bar with stainless steel sink, Hoshizaki icemaker and refrigerator box. Further aft and to the starboard is a three burner TEC propane grill. To the starboard is a stainless steel framed tinted plated glass door/hatch. Across from the BBQ grill on the port side is a high gloss eating table for 10 mounted on double aluminum pedestals and a blue fabric cushion passenger L-shaped bench seat, both port and starboard.
Aft of the helm station console there is a center line mast with white canvas canopy top and three triangle white canvas sun shades, and two teak wood lounge chairs. There are port and starboard aluminum deck boxes built into the flybridge superstructure.
There are port and starboard Zodiac 12-person canister survival rafts (new 2015). There is a Nautica Nauticat hard bottom rubber inflatable boat powered by a Yamaha 150 HP outboard. There two kayaks. There are two stainless steel framed white vinyl adjustable fighting chairs mounted on the starboard aft boat deck. There is a 4500 lb. hydraulic knuckle boom crane mounted on the aft boat deck. The perimeter of the boat deck is fitted with aluminum stanchions and stainless steel double life lines.
The Aft Deck has planked teak decks, a teak veneer table, three blue fabric teak chairs, a large aft blue fabric settee, and a starboard entry door into the salon. It has a starboard side teak and aluminum cabinet, and forward stairway to the flybridge. Large TV in weather protected case.
The decks have high gloss varnished teak hand rails mounted on stanchions. There are two stairways from the aft deck leading down to the swim platform with two Hubbell 100 amp shore power inlets. One 30 amp and one 50 amp connections supply power to a tender vessel or other. In addition there is also a fuel supply.
- Computer network with internet capability
- Integrated LAN system
- Anritsu RA722 UA radar - 96 mile, 10kw
- (2) ICOM IC-M504, new 2013
- (2) ICOM IC-M422, new 2013
- VSAT MTN service
- Simrad AP50 autopilot
- Furuno PG500 heading sensor fluxgate compass
- (2) NAVnet 3D monitors with 120 nm radar and sonar black box units
- (2) Trident stand alone NAV
- (1) Trident touch screen NAV
- Nauticomp and Trident flybridge displays
- Gost monitoring system
- Furuno LS-6100 echo sounder
- Furuno RD-30 with Airmx Weather Station
- Furuno GP33 GPS
- AIT2000 Class B AIS digital unit
- (2) Simrad RI9 rudder angle
- Peplink internet hub; cell, VSAT, WiFi, dock
- Wave WiFi
- Mac extreme Wifi system
- Cell phone booster (antenna)
- (3) Epirb
- Full Medical Kit with O2 and defib device
- Ocean Wx system
- Sea Hail Talk Back hailing system, fore/aft
- Kahlenberg Triple Horn with light and whistle
- (2) ACR six million candle searchlight
- Head Hunter tank sentries
- 64 cubic feet deep freezer
- Commnav satellite compass, 2015
- KVH HD-7 24" dome
- Robertson compass
- (7) Camera monitoring system
- (4) Screen stations with web base
- (11) Direct TV receivers
- Crestron system
- UPS back up systems for Nav and Crestron
- Nav screen in captain's cabin
(2) Cummins 6BT5.9 six cylinder 55 kW 3-phase generators with Newage power ends. Closed fresh water cooling system, Keel cooled. Stb hours 8160, port 8605.
Four (4) 100 amp 125 V.A.C./250 V.A.C. shorepower inlets, two forward on bow and two at transom. There is an "Atlas" shore-power Spa II 60 KVA power transformer/frequency converter.
(8) 8D batteries for main engine cranking and house power, (2) single batteries for generator cranking. (2) 8D maintenance free batteries, on flybridge, for emergency back up. Batteries are properly secured in vented plastic battery boxes located in engine room.
The starboard mid engine room has three "Charles" marine battery chargers. Two 5000 series 24 volt 40 Amp, one 5000 series 12 volt 30 amp.
Engine room panel #1 : 120/280 VAC.
Engine room panel #2: 120/280 VAC.
There is an aft shore power inlet breaker.
There is a generator control panel on the aft bulkhead. It has two volt meters, two amp meters and one frequency meter. It has separate volt meter and amp meter rotary selector switches. It has shore power one and shore power two rotary selector switches. 12 and 24 Volt DC systems with Constavolts. Isolation transformers.
Mechanical Equipment and Features
- Port and starboard Maxwell # 6000 anchor chain windlasses with two wildcats and capstan
- Port and starboard stockless anchors. Anchors are secured in port and starboard hawse pipes. 300’ of 1/2 inch galvanized steel anchor chain for port anchor and 360' for starboard
- Michigan Nibral dyna quad 4 blade 36” propellers
- V-Cool on pilothouse windows
- Aluminum frame with canvas bimini with three side enclosure
- Twin ACR searchlights
- Dripless shaft seals
- Passerelle –manual deployment
- Tide ride ladder with swivel deck
Fuel: Total fuel capacity is approximately 8235 gallons. # 1 fuel tank capacity is 1,000 gallons. # 2 fuel tank is 2,435 gallons. # 3 fuel tank is 2,000 gallons. # 4 fuel tank is 2,600 gallons. Tanks are Aluminum double bottom tanks welded to hull's aluminum frames centerline fore and aft.
Water: Approximately capacity 2,800 gallons. The main water tank is an electrically welded tank integral to the swim platform.
Black Water: MSD U.S.C.G. Type III Holding tank, 'Lancaster' Model No. X99A33 discharges overboard or into black water tank via y-valve. Deck access for dockside pump out.
Main engines: Four (4) John Deere Model 6135SFM75 650 HP in line 6 cylinder installed new 2013. Approximately 1375 hours each. Twin disc MG 514 HD 2.54:1 gear ratio.
Complete new electronic monitoring and alarm system PowerView by John Deere. Includes alarms for Exhaust Coolant, Coolant High Temperature, Low Lube Oil Pressure, Transmission Low Operating Pressure, Transmission High Oil Temperature.
Forward of the engines there are 8 Racor 75/1000 MAX fuel filters, 4 port and 4 starboard. Port and starboard forward of the engines, there are 3 Cole Hersee battery switches, 24 volt. The starboard engines have PTO units with load sensing pumps for stabilizers. The port engines have PTO units with load sensing pumps for steering. The port engine room forward has an aluminum work bench with tool boxes and overhead wooden storage cabinets. The port side forward bulk head has a Leeson pump, a fire and bilge pump control, and a starboard bilge pump control, fuel transfers one and two. It also has a 24 volt engine room panel, "Naiad" roll stabilizer reservoir, and two Leeson fuel transfer pumps.
- New Hydraulic circulation coolant pumps for stabilizers and steering pump, July 2013
- Hydraulic tanks drained, cleaned, new oil, April 2013
- NAIAD stabilizers – serviced by NCH with new larger 12 sq. ft. fins added seals replaced 2015
- (4) 3-1/2" Aqua Met 22 shafts
- 75 hp Logan Hydraulic PTO for davit and bow thruster with a demand switch at helm stations
- RexRoth Air Control System for engine controls
- 3000 Gallons per day Village Marine watermaker serviced 2013
- Fuel magnet Algae X fuel filters
- 65 Gallon hot water heater plus a 19 gallon for crew and 29 gallon for guests
- Hot water circulation pump
- (2) Ingersol Rand 3 hp Air compressors with storage tanks
- Oil change manifold new pump and motor 2015
- 5 HP fire manifold system – Emergency pump rebuilt 2013
- Full bilge manifold for every bilge compartment
- 24v bilge pump system
- (2) Headhunter freshwater pumps
- Fuel transfer system with Hypro filter
- Auxiliary steering redundant
- Hiab Sea Crane
- (3) Marine Air chillers, R410A, 60,000 BTU each (new 2015)
- Hydraulic tank and pump for the davit
- (1) AR/AFFF foam fire extinguisher and three carbon dioxide fire extinguishers. The starboard mid engine room has two Kiddie FM 200 clean agent fixed fire extinguishers
Maintained and updated by full time crew, the major refit in 2013 included engine replacement providing increased performance, range and noise reduction.
- Water tank painted and fuel tanks inspected and cleaned, 2015
- (3) New Marine Chillers 2015
- New Yamaha 150 hp engine for tender
- New batteries 2015
- Stabilizer fins dropped and new seals 2015
- New foredeck teak 2015
- New SeaCrylic enclosure on flybridge 2015
- New exterior cushions 2015
- Seahawk Biocop bottom paint, salt or fresh water compatible, 2015
- Replaced zincs - added 4 new zincs to hull
- V-Cool pilothouse windows
- New tint on salon windows
- Replace miscellaneous below deck plumbing
An exclusions list will be provided upon an accepted offer.