1987 Hi Star Sun Deck Motoryacht
This well respected motor yacht has had two conscientious owners who have maintained the yacht to a very high standard. The current owner has had the yacht for over twenty years and has constantly maintained and upgraded all the systems. All sliding windows have been replaced. Water tight port lights installed in the hull. There are no leaks on this vessel. The Flybridge enclosure is replaced with Strata glass. The sun deck enclosure is renewed with Strata glass. All hoses on the mains and generator have been replaced. The main engine exhaust system has been upgraded to solid fiberglass. An array of spare parts for all motors are on board. All sanitary hoses have been replaced with no-odor Sealand hose. The toilets are new electric fresh water flush. The holding tank was upgraded from 30 to 45 gallons.
Starting forward is the VIP Guest stateroom. The port aft corner is access to the in-suite head and shower. Moving aft, you enter the dinette to starboard and U-shaped galley to port. Up three steps on the centerline is the main salon. Helm station is to starboard with an access door to the side deck. Aft corner is a curved 5-step staircase leading up to the sundeck. Centerline 3-step staircase leads down to the master stateroom. The five-step staircase aft on the port side leads to the enclosed sundeck with hardtop, wing doors and full Strataglass enclosure. Four centerline steps take you to the flybridge helm station. From the sundeck wing doors moving forward are wide side decks with raised bulwarks that provide safe passage to the bow. From the aft end of the sundeck, a ladder leads down to a wide swim platform with built-in swim ladder. Access to the engine room can be from the galley or the master stateroom. A wide centerline walkway provides ease of maintenance.
The VIP Guest stateroom includes a centerline Queen berth with storage under. To port is a storage cabinet, small settee, and drawer storage. To starboard is a vanity table and stool with mirrored cabinet. The port aft corner is access to the in-suite head and shower. Dedicated AC and Heat controls are included.
Dinette / Galley
Dinette to starboard has an electric Hi/LO table and can convert to a Queen-size berth. To port, is a U-shaped galley with a 4-burner electric stove and oven, toaster oven, hooded exhaust vent, microwave, trash compactor, double stainless steel sink, overhead cabinets, drawer storage below the counter, and 110-volt refrigerator/ freezer operated through an 1800 watt inverter when underway.
Up three steps on the centerline is the main salon. The lower Helm station to starboard includes an access door to the side deck. Aft is a couch and cocktail table. Port side includes an entertainment center and barrel chair seating. All furniture can be secured to floor or bulkheads when underway.
The Master stateroom boasts a center-line queen berth, night stand storage on both sides, headboard storage. Port side is storage cabinets, vanity table and stool, drawer storage. The forward port side bulkhead includes separate washer and dryer behind teak doors.
Starboard forward bulkhead leads to the in-suite head and separate shower. Starboard aft is enclosed shelving, counter top and drawer storage.
Aft Sun Deck is enclosed with hardtop, wing doors and full Strataglass enclosure. Forward is a wet bar and icemaker. An oval dining table, 6 light weight maintenances free chairs with 3 round coffee tables make for a perfect entertainment area. The deck is covered with bound indoor/ outdoor carpet. From the sundeck wing doors moving forward are wide side decks with raised bulwarks that provide safe passage to the bow. The mate – friendly flat foredeck area makes anchoring and docking a pleasure. The decks and house sides were painted when the windows were upgraded.
Stored to port is a Marquip boarding ladder that can be fitted to either side. From the aft end of the sundeck, a ladder leads down to a wide swim platform with built-in swim ladder.
Electronics & Helm
The Flybridge helm is completely enclosed with Strataglass installed last year. The centerline steering station with twin Pedestal-mounted captain and navigator chairs provides great sight lines and easy access to all navigation instruments. Bench settees, port and starboard, provide ample space for guest seating. The deck is covered with bound indoor/ outdoor carpet.
- R41 Radar @ Flybridge Helm
- Chart Plotter/GPS
- Ray SL-631 @ Flybridge
- Datamarine Depth Finders
- Datamarine Speed Log
- Icom VHF Radio
- Cybernet Hailer
- Buell air horns w/compressor (2)
- Azimuth -1000 Magnetic Compasses
- Intercom throughout vessel
- 30 Amp 110V
- 50 amp 110V
- 12 V
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
Access to the engine room can be from the galley or the master stateroom. A wide centerline walkway provides ease of maintenance.
- 3208 TA CAT Engines *2080 hours aprox. w/Fresh Water Cooling System
- Glendenning Engine Synchronizer
- 8KW Onan Generator with sound shield. 766 hours.
- Fuel Tanks w/ sight gauges & Shutoff Valves
- Racor Fuel Filter System on Mains & Generator
- Halon Fire Extinguishing System
- Dual Engine Room Intake & Exhaust Blowers
- All Bronze Seacocks, Strainers & Shut Off Valves
- Holding Tank: 45 Gal. w/ Macerator Overboard or Deck Pumpout
- Windlass: Maxwell Electric
- Fresh Water pump: Galley Maid w/ accumulator tank
- Hot Water: Electric 15 Gallon tank w/ engine heat exchanger
- Interior wall to wall carpet throughout
- All Interior soft goods renewed
- Furniture and lamps secured for underway safety
- Sun Deck and Flybridge fitted with bound indoor/ outdoor carpet
- All sliding windows replaced
- Salon windshield and side windows replaced
- House sides painted
- Deck painted and non-skid enhanced
- Sun Deck furniture replaced
- Marquip boarding ladder added
- Galleymaid oversized fresh water pump installed
- All new faucets throughout
- Central vacuum system
- All sanitary lines replaced with Sealand no odor hose
- Sealand fresh water heads installed
- Strainers and baskets replaced
- Sealand enlarged holding tank installed
- Microwave replaced
- Three Air Handler Systems on board; all strainers and pumps replaced for all three systems.
- Refrigerator freezer upgraded to larger size and 1800 watt inverter installed to operate underway
- Spare props
- Engine spares
- All manufacturer’s manuals and original engineering drawings convey
The following is a list of updates and improvements undertaken by the current owner.
- Fly bridge enclosure built with welded aluminum tube construction.
- Installed aft Fly bridge windows and door.
- “Bridge & Sundeck enclosure”. All canvas extra strength Weblon with Strataglass
- Installed hard wing doors with windows.
- Installed custom-made main salon windows and frames including windshields.
- Replaced sliding windows to aft stateroom and aft toilet with stainless port windows.
- Rubber engine exhaust systems replaced with fiberglass from turbo elbows to transom.
- Enlarged engine room air intakes per Caterpillar specifications. Increased air flow 50%.
- Installed Glendinning Engine Synchronizer.
- Installed electrical bonding to both fuel tanks.
- Installed shutoff valves to both fuel tanks at intake.
- Installed 50 Amp fuse blocks at aft shore power inlets to comply with ABYC standards.
- Installed 400 Amp fuse blocks for all batteries.
- Replaced & upgraded Crossover switch for “Gen-set / Shore-2 Power” selector.
- Installed Shore-2 power Amp meter.
- Installed battery shut-off selectors for all batteries.
- Replaced Salon upholstery.
- Installed Bilge alarms for forward and aft bilge pumps.
- Replaced and upgraded bilge and shower sump pumps.
- Replaced & upgraded all water faucets thru-out the yacht.
- Replaced & upgraded fresh water system pump with top of the line Galley-Maid system.
- Replaced & upgraded both head systems with fresh water quiet flush heads.
- Replaced all black water hoses with odorless marine hoses.
- Replaced holding tank, macerator system and added Tankwatch-III level monitor system.
- Replaced refrigerator with an apartment size refrigerator / freezer.
- Installed 1800 watt inverter for refrigerator.
- Replaced & upgraded Microwave oven with GE-Profile.
- Added valve system for winterization of fresh water system and (3) heat-pump units.
- Replaced & upgraded Heat-pump system intake pumps and manifold for (3) units.
- Installed Buell Air Horns and compressor.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Mechanical Disclaimer
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.