1987 Huckins Yachtfish
“Jwycesska Blue” was purchased by her current owners who wanted a highly upgraded yacht with shallow draft to live aboard when they first moved to The Bahamas. The yacht has been maintained by a full time captain while living aboard. Since then, they have purchased a home and no longer need the remarkable accommodations offered by this yacht. While owning this vessel they have spent nearly $500,000 upgrading her to their standards. The following is a list of upgraded items within the last year:
- The engine room was significantly overhauled to cover all points mentioned in the survey, whether as an essential or recommended item
- The arneson drives were removed and completely stripped down and rebuilt
- A full bottom paint job was undertaken along with any necessary paintwork repairs to the exterior
- All fiberglass repairs mentioned at survey were completed
- A full compound and wax to both hull and pilothouse was carried out
- The gloss teak around the sides, foredeck table and aft cabinets were completely stripped back to bare wood and brought back up to gloss
- The teak decking was sanded back and bought up to a very high standard
- Services were carried out to both life rafts, air conditioning, water maker and tender engine
- New cushions custom made for aft chiller seats and aft deckchairs. New boat deck Bimini and boot installed, new fore deck seating cover fabricated and new cushions for the tender along with a full cover
- Entire paint job to the tender including bottom paint, hull and interior. New radio, compass and rod holders also installed to tender
- 12 underwater lights installed and also 2 underwater cameras which are wired unto all the TVs - like your own personal aquarium, a really nice thing to have. The lights are blue and give a wonderful glow at night. There are 4 lights aft, 3 each side and 2 underside - one to light up each camera
- Brand new autopilot and GPS installed including at aft controls
- 3 KEP screens replaced
- New weather station installed up top, wired into the pilothouse screens
- Antennae upgraded
- 6 brand new DIRECTV boxes bought (owned by boat, not rented) and installed, so each TV can view a different channel
- Windows tinted throughout - lower decks to a dark tint for privacy as well as to kick out the heat, pilothouse has a clear heat reducing tint. All curtains are vacuum packed and safely stored, so could easily be put back up if someone preferred to have them)
- About 95% of all lights changed to LED.
- All old chrome covered aluminum cleats removed and replaced with custom made stainless steel.
- All lines replaced, matching fender covers installed
- Steps up to boat deck replaced with upgraded material
- Considerable upgrades to Simons system, including additional panic buttons, alarm sounder and flashing light, and sensor pads under decks to indicate if someone has jumped on board
- All smoke/ heat detectors replaced and 2 carbon monoxide detectors installed
- All UPS batteries replaced
- A brand new 12kw generator installed. This is perfect for when you have no shore power but you don’t want the big generator running. It is as silent as you can get as it vents underwater, and it can keep the essentials running. Great if you want peace and quiet at anchor, and much more economical to use as well.
- Ice chipper for aft deck freezer repaired, aft deck chillers (under seats) repaired.
- Davit controller repaired
- All filters replaced
- All locks changed on 4 exterior doors
- Swim ladder and sea stairs both repaired, gloss to sea stairs teak hand rails repaired and new bags fabricated to store them.
- Various pumps replaced
- Chlorinators replaced in microphor
- August 2016 the bottom paint touched up around the sides and certain other areas and replaced the arneson drive zincs
This is a very unique and special yacht with an interesting history and pedigree. She was custom built by Huckins in 1987 as a wheel chair friendly Yachtfish. There is a well-designed elevator capable of taking guests from the enclosed flybridge to the Salon, and all the way down to the engine room allowing full access and enjoyment of the yacht. In addition, the on-deck master stateroom is easily accessed on the main deck which is a rare find in yacht under 100 feet. The boat was purchased in 2006 by Randolph "Bunky" Hearst Jr. the grandson of newspaper baron William Randolph Hearst. Hearst Jr. was an avid yachtsman and editor of Motor Boating & Sailing magazine. Hearst returned the boat to the Huckins Yard for a complete multimillion dollar refit updating all the systems, machinery, electronics, and a complete exterior refurbishment. She was significantly upgraded again in 2012 including the addition of new electronics, Simon monitoring system, and hydraulic stabilizers. She has been further upgraded by her current owners in 2015/2016.
Another unique feature on this yacht is the Arneson Surface Drives which provide an efficient cruise and exceptionally shallow draft for a vessel this size. Her draft of just less than 4 feet makes her an ideal Bahamas Mothership capable of getting into just about any anchorage or marina your travels may take you to. She is a totally self-sufficient yacht with a watermaker, modern waste treatment system, and a range approaching 1000 NM.
This yacht is a true delight for both owner and Captain. The crew quarters located forward is spacious and private with its own lounge, galley, and head. There is also a spacious laundry / utility room with easy access to the engine room and all machinery.
There are many fine yachts on the market at any given time but rarely does one come along that better suits the needs of an elderly or disabled owner with the desire to continue the yachting lifestyle in complete safety and comfort. "Jwycesska Blue" is a special yacht and is sure to bring great joy to her next owner.
“Jwycesska Blue” sleeps 6 in 3 staterooms. Additional accommodations are possible with the use of the daybed sofa located on the bridge; she has an on-deck master stateroom, one Guest double stateroom to port and one Guest double stateroom to starboard, all with ensuite full heads with shower. Crew quarters are below, forward of guest cabins, with full head & shower.
"Jwycesska Blue” is a custom 81' Huckins enclosed bridge, yacht fisherman that was completed in 1987 by Huckins Yacht Corporation. She is composite construction with Airex core, featuring ash-honey wood throughout. The yacht offers many custom features including a fully operational elevator, large on deck master, modern on deck galley, salon bar and day head complemented by teak and holly soles throughout. The teak cockpit aft deck is accessible through a door. A large integral teak swim platform offers excellent access to all water toys and fishing equipment. Aft deck cockpit, accessible bow and stern thrusters make fishing or docking a simple task. The master and two guest staterooms all have in-suite heads and are supported by a separate large crews quarters forward with stove, refrigerator, microwave and dinette.
During the last 6 years the yacht has received hundreds of thousands in upgrades and refit items - too many to list. The yacht spent almost a year in the yard at Huckins with a total refit including adding an on-deck day head, galley and bar upgrades, new exterior paint and installation of teak and holly soles on main deck and Command Bridge. The addition of a 2-drawer refrigerator/freezer on the bridge and Simons management and monitoring system for main engines and yacht systems, new computers, printer and scanner and in-frame overhaul of MAN diesels. A reformat of the Command Bridge offers all of the modern navigational and monitoring equipment to operate anywhere and includes two radars and XM weather playing on custom screens. The head and environmental system was replaced with the most modern and efficient Microphor Environmental Systems (waste treatment system).
Jwycesska Blue has had very extensive updates to bring the Yacht to the present condition. A prior captain and owner completed a remodel and upgrade to the interior including the addition of a king sized custom bed in Master with all matching cabinets and drawers along with panoramic glass views, a hydraulic skylight and all new drapes and custom soft goods. The master head was completely remodeled and updated including a large glass and tile shower, new custom sculptured wood cabinetry, custom counter top, hardware, and new wooden entrance door with handicap accessibility.
The interior was replaced with a soft beige leather L-shaped built-in couch (rod storage and safety equipment under) with a custom teak and stainless high-low table that coverts to a dining table for 6. The on-deck wet bar and day head are to starboard with matching stools, a refrigerator and built-in large screen TV in a custom wood cabinet. The elevator and open galley offer excellent access to all of the on-deck area and to the Command Bridge. The ash woodwork is custom Huckins quality throughout the vessel to highlight the teak and holly sole on the deck level.
A cockpit sun shade was added in 2012 with lighting and a custom high-gloss 30 x 60 teak table (mounted on the offset fighting chair sanction) with six Blue Water high gloss chairs convert the cockpit into a comfortable aft deck. Two Gaggenau grills were installed in 2012 housed in matching high-gloss teak cabinets. An Eskimo type ice chipper was added in the engine room to supply ice to the in-deck chiller. Mezzanine seating with bait freezer and two additional chillers underneath the seating offers complete access to the refreshments while cruising or fishing. The cockpit controls to starboard are also housed within custom teak cabinetry.
The bridge deck aft of the Command Bridge sky lounge offers a large area with ample room for additional seating and water toys. The 15' Whaler with 60hp 4-stroke Yamaha motor has 200 hours is serviced port, starboard and stern by a 2,000 lb. davit.
The huge bow seating area has a very comfortable and unique circular upholstered seating area with two matching high-gloss teak tables with separate stereo system to offer great lounging on the teak decks.
A dual windlass system provides two 100 lb. anchors with adequate chain for any anchorage.
The Main Salon has a large sofa, reading lamps, custom wooden shelving, full rope lighting and an all-around cozy feel. Forward is the Elevator, with custom bookshelves to port and starboard. Along the starboard side there is a blue granite bar with speed racks, fridge/ice maker, SS sink with Insta-hot, and a wine rack. The large sofa aft and to port has life jacket and custom rod storage underneath. Placed in front of the sofa and recliner is a folding adjustable height pivoting dining/occasional table perfect for hosting small parties or seating 10 for dinner. There is also a new day head to starboard aft and equipped with its own holding tank and telephone shower.
Salon AV Accessories:
- Toshiba LCD flat screen with Sat TV
- XM Radio Receiver and a Bose Lifestyle 48 DVD surround sound system
The full service Galley is located amidship on the main deck and was fully upgraded during 2006 with a S.S. backsplash throughout.
- GE Monogram S.S. side by side refrigerator freezer with water/ice in door
- GE Monogram S.S. trash compactor
- GE Monogram S.S. dish washer
- GE Monogram S.S. conventional/convection oven
- GE Profile 4 burner glass cook top
- GE Profile S.S. Microwave/Convection with surface light/vent over cook top
- Brew Express S.S. built-in coffee maker
Forward on the main deck is the Master Suite. The walk around king size bed is forward on the centerline with port and starboard night stands, his and hers cedar lined hanging lockers separated by a built-in flat screen TV. To starboard and aft there is a desk/workstation. Décor is light beige and blue. Port and starboard windows slide open for natural ventilation along with an electronically operated deck hatch above the berth. Other notable features are dim-able halogen lights.
- Dell 31’ LCD flat screen Sat TV
- Bose 3-2-1 DVD surround sound system
- DirectTV receiver
- XM radio receiver
The Master Head is a wheelchair accessible open floor plan with shower, Microphor China Head, imported blue granite vanity top and is fully tiled and drained.
- Custom king size on-deck master stateroom with custom wood cabinets, headboard and draperies with panoramic views.
- Custom head with enlarged glass tile shower, custom wood cabinetry to follow sculptured counter top and hardware (including water filter system), new wood entrance door 8/2012.
Guest Stateroom Starboard
Located below, this stateroom includes an ensuite full head with shower and vanity. The twin single berths are staggered to port & starboard in this fairly spacious cabin. Forward between the berths is a cedar lined hanging locker with mirrored door. Aft is the ensuite head/vanity with imported blue granite, a stall shower and a Microphor China Head. This head also has a companionway access door to double as a day head. Accent and rope lighting add to the ambiance.
AV Accessories in Stateroom:
- Samsung LCD flat screen with Sat TV
- Alpine AM/FM/XM CD DVD with remote
Guest Stateroom Port
Located below to Port, this stateroom sleeps two in roomy berths separated by a (4) drawer night stand and cedar lined hanging locker. Accent and rope lighting add to the ambiance. Forward is the private head with imported blue granite vanity top with stall shower and Microphor China Head.
AV Accessories in Stateroom:
- Samsung LCD flat screen with Sat TV
- Alpine AM/FM/XM CD DVD with remote
Accessed via elevator from the Pilothouse or by steps from the cockpit, this spacious sky lounge deck is half sheltered by a folding awning and provides a large area for alfresco dining or sunbathing. When on passage, the 2000 lb. rated davit makes short work of stowing the tender or any water toys.
- Quick Lift Davit (telescoping) rated 2000lbs - functioning port, starboard, aft
- Custom chocks for Boston Whaler tender
- Tricolor (red/white/blue) dimming LCD lighting
- Low level “stumble” lighting
- New Tracvision 24" satellite antenna installed 7/2012
- Polyplanar Speakers
Accessible by elevator from the salon or lower decks the enclosed air-conditioned pilothouse sky lounge features 360° visibility. Forward is the full width console holding 6 LCD displays to allow Captain and Mate to monitor all ships systems, electronics and navigation from the comfort of two electrically adjusted leather Stidd seats. A folding table between the two seats adds space for the tools of the trade while underway. A disappearing top to the elevator serves as a chart table capable of holding two full sized plotting sheets or charts. Aft of the helm to starboard is a day bed/sofa for off watch naps. The portside of the pilothouse has a desk, storage for manuals and literature, and SS sink, and Sub Zero fridge/freezer "drawers" with icemaker.
Electronics in the Pilothouse:
- Upgraded & Serviced 7/2012 & 10/2015 - Simons Yacht & engine computer system & monitors
- Wi-Fi amp and computer installed 8/2012
- KEP bridge monitors - NEW
- Furuno NavNet 2 'Black Box' 6 KW radar/plotter
- Furuno NavNet 2 'Black Box' 12 KW radar/plotter
- Furuno FCV 1200 'Black Box' fish finder
- Furuno AIS
- Furuno RDII Repeater
- SIMRAD Autopilot - NEW
- Uniden VHF
- Standard Horizon VHF
- Garmin GPS/Fish Finder/Plotter
- 5 daylight viewable LCD monitors
- DELL 23 inch LCD flat screen with Sat TV
- BOSE 3-2-1 DVD/surround sound system
- DELL Optiplex PC ('house' networked)
- SHUTTLE PC
- PC (dedicated navigation/ weather computer, back up Simon)
- 2 Stidd 500XL-1X2 Luxury Admiral Powered Helm Chairs
- Toshiba Laptop
- Antennas on radar arch electronically
- (2) 12” Manual/Electric Controlled, Carlisle and Finch Search Lights
- ACR Electric Remote Search Light
Deck & Hull
- New WESTMAR STABILIZER SYSTEM RS 700 w/7.5’ fins with Blue Star controls (CABLE MARINE) 7/2012
- Serviced and modified 8/2012: Electric-hydraulic elevator to allow storage in in lower level & engine room
- Bow and stern thruster
- Bright work refinished including custom cabinets - aft deck/cockpit -cap rail
- Custom exterior lighting
- Teak and Fiberglass Decks
- APT boarding ramp
- Bruce Anchor with approx. 300’ Chain
- Plow Anchor with approx. 100’ chain and 300’ nylon
- 15’ Boston Whaler Tender (1986) w/60 HP Yamaha Outboard(2010) 4 stroke and cover
- (1) - (8) Man Avon Canister Life Raft
- (1) - (6) Man Canister Life Raft
- Ideal Electrical Windlass
- (2) Marquipt 1500# low profile davits
- (5) Windshield washers and wipers
- KVH Satellite TV and telephone
- Anchor pulpit
- Hull color is Alexseal “navy blue”
- Airex Hull Construction
- Saltwater, Freshwater wash down on bow, stern and bridge deck aft
- (2) EPIRB’s
- Life rings
- Spreader lights
- Nutone Central vacuum system
Located on the foredeck is a custom semicircular seating area with table, bright finished teak and blue and white striped cushions.
- Bow: (2) Ideal Windless with gypsy and capstan and chain stoppers.
- 50 KG Bruce with 300’ chain
- 30 KG Bruce with 100’ chain, 300’ Nylon Rope
The Aft Deck Cockpit space may be utilized in a variety of ways. It has a steering station with a Garmin GPS repeater, bow and stern thruster controls. A Scopinich fighting chair with rocket launcher and offset pedestal, and most recently a varnished teak table with (6) matching chairs that interchanges with fighting chair. This versatile space allows for a group of individuals to lounge & cocktail - cook, fish & operate the vessel for docking.
Custom high gloss teak table & (6) high gloss teak chairs by Bluewater. Custom mounted with offset stanchion fighting chair.
- New custom fixed cockpit canopy with LED lighting 7/2012
- Matching electric grills installed w/emergency shut-off in custom teak cabinet 8/2012
- In deck live well
- (3) built-in freezers
- In deck fish box
- Storage lockers and drawers
- Cockpit sink
- Shower with hot and cold water
- Rupp double spreader outriggers
- 4 rod holders
- Tackle locker
- Ideal capstan
- Engine room access hatch
- Integral easy access swim platform
- Boat deck access ladder
- Transom door
- Low level “Stumble” lighting
- Polyplanar Speakers
- Underwater lights
Located on the lower deck and forward are the crew quarters. Capable of accommodating (3) with a starboard double berth and to port a convertible lounge/style berth with cedar lined hanging lockers. Aft to port is a full service galley with GE Microwave, GE refrigerator, (2) burner cook top and S.S. sink, adjacent is a double bench dinette. Aft to starboard is the head with separate stall shower.
Entertainment / Electronics:
- Bose 3-2-1 DVD surround sound system
- Dell Optiplex PC, 17” Dell LCD monitor
Safety Security Life Rafts
- 6-man life raft and safety equipment upgraded 6/2012 & additional life raft
Laundry room is located in the lower cabin deck aft, is the utility room with a Maytag all in one washer/dryer and a large S.S. sink. This area also houses the air conditioning compressors.
- New 12Kw night generator
- Northern Lights 30Kw Generators
- Glendenning Cablemaster
- Dockside electrical automatic cables port & starboard
- (10) batteries with parallel switch
- 12V, 24V DC electrical systems
- (1) 12V and (1) 24V variable torque power converters
- (2) Charles 105 amp battery charger systems & new batteries house and ship
- La Marche Isolation Transformers
- Charles Marine shore power "Smart Boost" transformers
- ATLAS 220VDC 50 Amp x 2 shore power transformer
- 220V AC electrical system
- ZF Electronic engine controls
- 2 Air compressors (1 x 220 VAC, 1 x 110VAC)
- 2 Headhunter pumps (1 x 220 VAC, 1 x 110 VAC)
This walk-in engine room is very well planned for easy access and maintenance. Across the aft bulkhead is a large sized work bench; forward is an equipment room and additional storage and ladder with hatch for cockpit access.
- TWIN MAN D2842LE engines 760hp (Approx. 500+ hours SMOH)
- P 4935118056A301
- S 4935118057A301
- Follett (Eskimo type) mounted with delivery system to in-deck cockpit chiller 7/2012
- Waste treatment: Microphor Marine Sanitation Device
- Upgraded chiller, A/C systems, fresh water pumps & CO2 system
- Twin M50 MSD Microphor head systems Gears - ZF BW-165.
- 2xNorthern Lights 30 KW M4239D-HE-30N on air bags
- P 2392-3138
- S 2392-3137
- 1x 12kW New Generator
- Drives - Arneson ASD 14
- Propellers - Ellis 43.25 x 39 five blade (New 2010)
- Reverse Osmosis Watermaker
- PTO on mains for bow thruster
- PTO on stb genset for stern thruster
- Block heaters for mains
- Tanks -
- 513 Gallon Fresh Water Tank
- 200 Gallon Black Water Tank
- (2) 1122 Gallon Fuel Tanks
- 100 Gallon Holding Tank
- 25 Gallon Gray Water Tank
The following items were included in a major refit from 6/2012 thru 9/2012:
- Main engine exhaust system was replaced new including exhaust risers and surge tubes along with exhaust insulation
- Upgraded & serviced Simons Yacht & engine computer system & monitors
- Wesmar Stabilizer System RS 700 w/7.5 fin and Blue Star controls
- Majored 760hp MAN's & Northern Lights generator
- (2) Charles 105 amp battery charger systems & new batteries
- Microphor Environmental System installed
- Service & replacement of all hoses & fittings
- Tracvision 24" satellite antenna
- Eskimo ice chipper
- Installation of 2-drawer fridge/freezer
- Varnish stripped and re-varnished
- Exterior paint
- Installation of teak & holly soles - main deck/command bridge
- Day head added on main deck
- Installed king sized bed
- Master stateroom completely remodeled
- Custom shade added with lighting on flybridge aft
- Large screen TV - Command bridge/salon
- Bose System - cabins/exterior
- (5) Direct TV receivers to all rooms
- Custom high gloss teak dining table with 6 Blue Water high gloss chairs
- (2) Gaggenau grills
- Electric elevator serviced & modified
- Bow & stern thruster serviced
- 6-man life raft & safety equipment upgraded
- Computer & drive system & infra-red
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.