1989 Trojan 12 Meter Motor Yacht
** SOLD **
FANTASTIC STEAL-OF-A-DEAL PROJECT FOR THE VALUE-MINDED OR SKILLFUL BOAT OWNER
This Cat diesel-powered Trojan 12 Meter was in constant use, all the way up until the sea strainer cracked due to ice, and the boat took on water faster than the bilge pumps could bail it out. This continued until the marina boarded, closed the seacocks, and pumped it out using a supplemental pump.
It is reported that the aft cabin took on approximately 8-10” of water, and the engine space took on approximately 6-8” of water. Hence why in the aft cabin the carpet and soft goods were removed and the holds opened up - so that the boat would dry. It was reported that the water in the engine space reached the battery chargers, batteries, engine starters, transmission fill points, and the bottom of the generator, but the engines themselves were not wet.
A recent repair estimates cited between $9,500 and $11,000, but the actual cost to repair could be more or less. Considering sisterships are currently listed between $70k and $100k, this boat could be a fantastic steal-of-a-deal project boat for the value-minded or skillful boat owner.
This boat is being sold for $25,000 strictly as-is, where-is.
The 1989 Trojan 12 Meter Motor Yacht was considered a very high-style yacht in the late 1980s, and this boat brings many attributes together to produce a yacht that was years ahead of its time. Today it still holds that allure as a modern flush deck family cruiser with attractive lines, a very upscale interior and well-balanced profile.
Utilizing twin Caterpillar 3208 engines with a total of approximately 1575 engine hours, this is a great riding motor yacht to cruise around at 20 knots with a top speed of 24 knots. Built on the same low-deadrise hull used in the production of Trojan's other successful 12 Meters, this two-stateroom two-head boat has a great layout that makes it feel much larger than its 40’ length would indicate.
The aft deck allows for entertaining or relaxation in any type of weather and includes a wet bar with icemaker, wing doors to the side decks, carpet, a wicker settee and rod holders.
Above is the flybridge and helm, which features an “L” shaped settee that is aft of the captain and companion’s chairs. The flybridge has windlass and trim tab controls, a guest spotlight, standard Horizon Eclipse VHF Radio, Robertson AP200 Autopilot, Sandpiper Depth Finder and a Glendenning Engine Synchronizer.
Forward of the aft deck, behind sliding doors and below, is the salon. The salon is a brightly lit, spacious and open area, with plenty of room to accommodate extra furniture. It features plush grey carpeting and a painterly floral blinds. The salon features a unique wrap-around dinette that seats six comfortably. Underneath the dinette is a large, hidden storage area and a washer and dryer, which is a rare luxury in a 40-foot yacht. The salon includes a central vacuum.
Forward of the salon and down three stairs is the galley. The galley has plenty of counter space and room for storage in cabinets, not to mention the built in wine rack to port of the refrigerator. The galley includes a GE washer and dryer, GE Compactall trash compacter, stainless steel sink, GE refrigerator and GE microwave convection oven. There is also a Princess three burner stove top that can be covered and transformed into more counter space when not in use.
Aft of the salon is the aft cabin master stateroom, featuring plenty of natural light from the windows and fully mirrored wall to port that magnifies the size of the room. It is a queen center berth with a side table to port and starboard sits the spacious “L” shaped vanity with plenty of extra drawers, a large mirror that hides even more storage and swinging stool. The forward bulkhead has a built-in TV, full length hanging locker/stowage with mirrored doors to starboard.
The master stateroom ensuite head is to port and has a Vacuflush toilet, vanity and sink. There are drawers for storage underneath the sink, along with a towel rack on the wall and one in the shower. It features a walk-in separate shower stall with handheld shower head.
Forward of the galley in the bow is the second stateroom. The skylight port above the center queen berth allows in plenty of natural light. It features two reading lights and mirror headboard, full length shelves port and starboard, and hanging locker forward to port with mirrored closet door, two stereo speakers w/volume control, Rev Cycle AC unit w/digital controls, with private access to the forward head.
- Bow’s pulpit wood replaced with fiberglass and gelcoat
- Props tuned for cruisingSalon upholstery
- Fresh water pump
- Curtains in aft cabin
- Carpet replaced
PARTIAL LIST OF REPAIRS NEEDED AS CITED IN REPAIR ESTIMATE
- Repair Or Remove And Replace:
- A/C Pumps
- Gen Battery
- Batteries- Two 8D
- Change Transmission Oil
- Cable Ends and Additional Wiring Repairs
- Replace Bus Bar
- Boat comes with fuel remaining in the tanks, about 200 gallons in the aft tank & about 50 in each of the side tanks but the aft tank may need to be polished
- Transmission Cables
- Water Pumps
- Sea Strainer
- Battery Cables
- Carpet, Tile, And Floors With Water Damage
- Steering Pump
- Hydraulic Hoses
- Rudder Positions Sensor
- Wraparound leather dinette for six with table
- Motorized pop-up entertainment center
- Sliding side windows
- A/C and Heat controls
Master Stateroom, Below Deck Aft:
- Queen Berth – Centerline
- Vanity with special lighting and built in stool
- A/C and Heat controls
- Hanging Locker
- Dresser w/Mirror
Master Head with separate shower stall, VacuFlush Toilet, Stainless Steel sink, Mirrored cabinets
- Queen Berth - Centerline
- Ceramic tile
- GE Washer
- GE Dryer
- GE Refrigerator/Freezer
- GE Profile Convection Microwave Oven
- 200GPD Watermaker
- Stainless Steel Double Sink
- Three-burner Stove
- GE Compactall trash compactor
- Built-in wine rack
- Swim Platform
- Outside shower
- Updated fiberglass and gelcoat bow pulpit
- Windlass w/Foot Control
- Trim Tabs
- Stainless Steel Bow Rail
- Stainless Steel Rubrail Insert
- Ice maker
- Wet bar
- Wicker settee
- Rod holders
- Stereo speakers
Helm & Electronics
- Garmin 162 Chartplotter
- Furuno RADAR - Scanner installed on arch, display stored onboard (unknown operating condition)
- Robertson AP200 Autopilot
- Sandpiper Depth Finder
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF Radio
- Hydraulic Steering
- Guest Remote Control Spotlight
- Glendenning Engine Synchronizer
- Trim Tabs with Controls
- Electric Windlass
- Radar Arch
- A/C Electrical System/Panel
- 8kw Onan Generator approx. 1955 hours
- DC Electrical System/Panel
- 50 amp Dockside Electrical Cables
- Kiddie Fire Watch Control System
- Engine Temperature Alarm
- Engine Room Sound Insulation
- Holding Tank
- Engine Hour Meter
- Three Bilge pumps - Automatic & Manual
- OAHL Fuel/Water Sep
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.