1991 Hatteras 72 Custom Series Wide Body
** SOLD **
This is a Custom Series Hatteras 72 Wide-body Motor Yacht built on the wider 18' 7" beam hull. Boasting 5 Staterooms and 4 heads. This Custom Series Hatteras features a full beam engine room with both generators located here, and a stairwell from the pilothouse to the fly-bridge.
All new Galley with granite counter-tops and high end stainless appliances, remodeled bathrooms with granite and marble, Three private staterooms aft of her full bean engine room and 2 "Crew" Staterooms forward. Berths for 9 with 4 heads each with shower stall..
Only 100 hours on her 12V92TA's since major overhaul, Naiad Stabilizers recently serviced, Bottom recently epoxy coated and reported blister free, New Garmin touch screen Electronics under warrenty, bow thruster, hydraulic power lowers the mast, crane with tender, custom oversize swim platform with semi-circular stairwell allows for easy access to the water or from a floating dock.
The cost of the upgrades to the vessel in the past 4 years exceed her current asking price. You will not find a better value in a used Hatteras Motor Yacht in the market today. Boat is truly in great condition.
GRACE has been donated to a respected and well established Children's Charitable Organization, AMI Kids, and is available on a lease/charter arrangement with no-interest financing to qualified parties and sales tax exempt to Florida residents.
Owner and two guest staterooms are aft of the full beam midships engine room and are accessed by a private stairwell in the mid salon area.
The massive, (full beam) Master Stateroom has a full width center line king berth with storage below, night stands and dressers outboard, seats, lockers and drawer storage. There is a walk-in cedar lined wardrobe closet and access to the all new head area. Bathroom was redone recently with new granite counters, marble floors, clear glass tile shower stall, custom glass enclosure, and all new modern fixtures.
Moving forward through the privacy door is a hallway with the salon stairwell to stbd. and two large linen closets along the side. The two identical Guest Staterooms each have single berths inboard and outboard with a night stand between, locker outboard, drawer storage, mirror, hidden TV sets, and door to the heads.Both guest Stateroom bathrooms also were remodeled with new granite counters, marble floors, tile shower stall, custom glass enclosure, and all new modern fixtures.
Forward of the full beam engine room are the formal crew quarters with two staterooms, three berths and and a shared head with separate shower stall.There is a laundry center and small dinette as well as engine room access This area is accessed from a stairwell in the pilothouse. .
Main Deck Level
Entering the vessel from the aft deck one enters into a formal dining area that is separated from the main salon by a a windowed divider with two sliding doors. This area features a full wet bar counter storage area to starboard with very generous custom cabinetry and a beautiful custom oval table..This was an original construction at Hatteras. There are granite counter-tops with bar sink along the starboard side, a Kitchen-Aid ice maker and lockers below, and beveled glass locker doors above the counter. A large custom teak laminate oval shaped dining table sits
Forward of the dining area is a full beam salon with the aft stateroom stairwell aft to starboard.
Forward of the salon is the fully separated galley with all new cabinets, appliances, and teak and holly flooring.
The pilothouse is forward through a door and features the same teak and holly flooring, port and starboard side doors, a new recovered helm seat/watch berth. There is a very nice stairwell that access's the fly-bridge on the starboard side.
The fly-bridge is indeed massive. There is an over sized Bimini top that covers the helm area. There are two helm seats, followed aft by a large wet bar with swivel bar stools. Aft is the guest seating that can easily accommodate a very large party, and aft of that are two double bed sized sun lounging pads. The boat deck is aft of this.
This is a wide body configuration with a small line handling walk around the salon and a small covered aft deck. Fore-deck is accessed by the port and starboard pilothouse doors and feature a cushioned seating area on the bow and two deck boxes. Fore decks are fiberglass non-skid. Aft deck and Fly-bridge are simulated teak decking.
Galley was completely renovated in 2013 with all new cabinets, granite counter-tops and dinette table. appliances, fabrics, teak and holly flooring, headliners, and custom lighting.
There is a large U-shaped dinette to starboard and a generous modern galley to port.
- GE Cafe side by side Refrigerator & Freezer and in-door ice/water service
- GE Cafe five burner electric stove top
- GE Profile double electric oven
- GE Cafe dishwasher
- Cafe Advantum microwave/convection oven
- Garbage disposal
- Single Stainless sink & faucet
- Granite counter tops
- U-shaped dinette with granite top to starboard (open to salon aft)
- Teak & holly sole
- Custom cabinets & blinds
In 2015 vessel received a new Electronics up grade with new under warranty state of the art Garmin Navigation system. All Garmin Electronics are new as of April 2015.
Lower Helm Electronics
- Garmin 8000 Touchscreen Multi-Function Display 12 inch
- Garmin GMR XHD Radar 72 mile
- Garmin 6' Open Array 4 KW radar scanner
- Garmin GSD 22 sounder module
- Garmin GHS 10 Auto Pilot wired remote
- Garmin GHC 20 Autopilot
- Garmin GHC wireless remote for Autopilot
- Garmin GHS 10 VHF
- Garmin GHS 10 intercom Speaker/Loud hailer
- Garmin 600 AIS Receiver & Transmitter
- Furuno 15 inch Nav-Net Multifunction function display
- Furuno 72 Mile Color Radar
- Furuno Nav-Net GPS Charting networked
- 5" Ritchie Compass at Lower Station
- Garmin Engine Room Camera
- Garmin GHC 20 Autopilot Wireless Remote
- Garmin 8000 touch-screen Multi-function 10 inch display
- Garmin XHD networked 72 mile radar
- Garmin networked sounder r
- Garmin GHS 10 VHF
- 3.5" Ritchie Compass at FB
- Clarion Stereo on FB
(4) AM/FM/CD Jensen Stereos in cabins
One of the truly great features of this yacht is the hinged radar mast which is lowered hydraulically for bridge clearance and to fit in her covered slip. (Mechanical systems rebuilt in 2013) Also the stairwell accessing the fly bridge from the pilothouse.
- Features simulated teak decking, New 2013.
- Full helm console with Bimini and two helm seats.
- Wet bar module midships aft with sink, lockers, four swivel pedestal stools
- Aft area with mirror image L-shaped bench seats, and pedestal tables.
- Custom mirrored sunning cushions with backrests and storage aft.
- Upholstered cushions, numerous canvas covers, safety railing
- Aft bridge deck for inflatable with chocks for 14 foot tender and wave runner.
- 14 Foot Inflatable Tender with outboard motor.
- Marquipt 1000 electric crane davit
12/24 and 110/220 Volt Systems.Twin 50a Ship's service or Two 30a Plugs
(2) 30KW Onan Generators (in lieu of standard models at original construction). All electrical demands of the entire yacht can function on one genset. Hours reported at approx. 2300 and 2700.
Two lead acid 8D 12 volt batteries outboard of the port engine wired to form one 24 volt bank.
Two lead acid 8D 12 volt batteries outboard of the starboard engine wired to form one 24 volt bank.
Four group 31 AGM 12 volt batteries in the bilge area of the crew's quarters wired to form one 24 volt bank.
Two Newmar 32-12-15C d/c to d/c converters- (2) Charles C-Power Iso Boost 50 transformers
12V92TA Detroit Diesels, with approx 100 hours SMOH and Underwater Side Exhaust. These are the Wet Turbo Engines.
- ZF 2.57:1 Transmissions
- 3" Aquamet SS shafts
- 40 x 37.5 Five-blade props
- Naiad 252 Stabilizers
- Walker Air Seps
- Bow Thruster electric
- Bennett trim tabs
- Mechanical engine room gauges
- Oil changing system
- Dual Racor filters with manifold valve
- Hynautic steering & controls
- Windshield wipers & washers
- DeWalt air compressor
- Dual Air Trumpet Horns
- Whirlpool 30 gallon water heater
- HRO System 10 water maker (unused and not assured operational, offered as is)
- 10-Unit Cruiseair air conditioning systems
- Galley Maid heads all rebuilt
- Halon fire extinguishing system, fully serviced 01/2015
- Rule heavy duty bilge pumps, 5 at 3500 gph, 2 1500's at 2000 gph
A great feature is the new over sized custom swim platform with a beautiful semi circular curved stairwell leading up to the aft deck. The platform and stairs are covered in simulated teak stripping. This allows for convenient boarding from a low floating dock or access to the water.
All exterior teak stripped bare, two coats of epoxy, and 8 coats of varnish applied April 2015.
Simulated teak decks on Fly-bridge, aft deck, swim platform and transom stairwell in 2013.
- Custom Oversize Swim patform
- Custom 4 step Stainless dive ladder
- Marquipt 1000 Lb. 110V electric crane on bridge deck
- Novurania MX400 RIB inflatable with 30HP Johnson outboard
- Electric air horns
- Flybridge Bimini top (new Canvas)
- Galley Maid Windlass
- Danforth anchor with all chain rode
- Spare nylon rode
- Fore-deck storage boxes w/cushioned seats
- Molded seat forward on deck-house w/cushions
- Aft deck safety railing w/weather boards and gate, low profile Frigibar freezer, faux teak planed sole
- (2) Remote spotlights
- Fender tracks with adjustable slides and dogs port and starboard
- Bow pulpit with anchor roller
- Marquipt Tide Ride boarding Stairs
- Marquipt Side rider ladder
- Both Engines with 100 Hours SMOH 2011
- Bottom Peeled and epoxy barrier coated 2011
- Hydraulic mast mechanical's rebuilt 2013
- All head pumps rebuilt 2015
- Electric Bow Thruster
- All new Galley Cabinets, appliances counter tops 2013
- All new teak and holly cabin sole in galley and pilothouse 2013
- Master and 2 Guest stateroom heads all new granite counters, marble floors, clear glass tile showers, high end fixtures and custom glass enclosures in 2014
- All new headliner salon, galley and pilothouse with custom recessed lighting 2013
- Recent W/W carpeting 2013
- New upholstered navigation helm console 2015
- New lower helm helm seat/watchberth upholstery 2015
- New Garmin Electronics package 2015 under warranty
- New simulated teak on F/B deck, Aft Deck and swim platform 2013
- New extended Fbg swim platform 2013
- New custom semi-spiral S/S ladder from swim platform to aft deck
- Ext. Varnish all stripped to bare, two coats of epoxy applied and 8 top coats 2015.
- Interior salon, galley and pilothouse interior wood all refinished 2015
Rarely does one find a used boat of this age in such nice condition. Grace has lived a very easy life. Her original owner kept her in a covered shed for the first 25 years and always had her professionally maintained. Her second owner took her to Naples where he undertook a three year restoration of the vessel without regard to expense. The result is a truly fine and proper yacht built to the highest specification by America's premier boat builder.
This not the standard Hatteras Motoryacht. This is one of the Custom Series Yachts built by Hatteras on the wider 18'7" beam. Designed as a crewed yacht, her owner and guest staterooms are aft of a full beam engine room and forward are sleeping areas for three more in two staterooms. Her generators and all of the mechanical systems are located in the engine room rather splitting them into multiple locations. Her generous fuel, water and and waste storage capacities allow for extended cruising in maximum comfort.
Being perhaps the last of the Custom Series ever built, Grace benefits from all of the latest features incorporated into this enduring design including a stairwell to the Fly-bridge from the salon and a sleeker more modern profile than he predecessors.
GRACE has been donated to a respected and well established Children's Charitable Organization, AMI Kids, and is available for sale on a lease/charter arrangement with no-interest financing to qualified parties and sales tax exempt to Florida residents.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.