1998 Broward Motor Yacht
Double Down is a highly customized 1998 Broward Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht with 4 staterooms plus 3 crew cabins. In 2009 she was purchased by her second and current owner and underwent a complete and extensive refit. With the addition of a cockpit, an entire reconfiguration of the bridge deck and a full top to bottom interior refit, Double Down is like no other Broward around. Double Down is as highly customized as they come. In 2013 she underwent further refit including new electronics and exterior paint, a complete engine room reconfiguration, and the addition of a sewage treatment plant. At this time Double Down’s main engines and generators exhaust were converted to discharge under water, a retro fit that creates a quiet and smokeless experience. Finally in 2013, Double Down also underwent an expensive stabilizer upgrade including larger stabilizer fins and full electronic control. She is competitively priced and available to be seen in Fort Lauderdale.
Virtual Tour is available at your convenience.
Double Down sleeps 8 guests in 4 staterooms. Crew accommodations include 4 berths in 3 staterooms, head and shower.
The full beam Master Stateroom is located just forward of amidships along the centerline of the yacht to ensure maximum comfort and stability. His and Hers heads with granite floors include an enlarged glass enclosed granite shower to starboard and a large soaking tub with jets to port. His and Hers walk-in cedar-lined closets complement the arrangement. Additional dresser space and a comfortable settee complete the dressing area.
The two Guest Staterooms are located off the main accommodation passageway. Large cedar-lined closets and private ensuite heads flank the berths.
In the lower companionway, there is a Miele stackable washer/dryer (2009) combo and utility closet with a storage cabinet.
Oversized windows, including floor-to-ceiling windows looking to the aft deck, surround the entire salon. All windows are tinted and feature Hunter Douglass blinds. Custom overhead vents provide defused airflow from the over-sized chilled water air conditioning system.
From the aft deck upon entering the Main Salon you will notice matching over sized armchairs port and starboard that include large ottomans that open for storage. Beyond to port is a L-shaped sofa with a generous coffee table both of which open boasting ample storage. Forward in the salon is a glass topped dining table. There are built-in buffet cabinets of maple with ebony and leather inlays for trays, glasses, dishes and liquor storage. To the starboard, this built in houses a pop up flat screen television and AV component storage.
The day head is located forward off the starboard passageway, and includes granite vanity top, granite flooring.
The Galley is a beautiful country kitchen with upgraded appliances and granite countertops.
Forward of the Galley is the VIP stateroom. This will accommodate 2 with a desk, head/shower, large cedar closet and island double bed.
The pilothouse has a custom L-shaped settee with a Corian table and (3) storage drawers, custom cabinets either side of the center helm and teak holly sole.
Generators & Electricity
- Output: 40 kW
- Generators: 2X Northern Lights (John Deere)
- Generator Hours: 2850 / 3660 hrs
- Generator Fuel Consumption: 2-7 US Gal/Hr (Depending on Loading)
- Shore Power: Two, 100-amp Single Phase
- Batteries: Main Engines two Banks 24 volt
- Generators: Two banks 12 volt
- House: 1 banks 12 volt 1 Bank 24 volt
- Type: Marine Air. 3 x 60,000 BTU compressors. 12 separate Air handlers. (each cabin)
- Watermaker: Sea Recovery 60 GPH. (3 Membranes)
- Stabilizers: Naiad (Planes Upgraded in 2013 with electronic control)
- Bow Thruster: American Bow Thruster
- Steering System: Hynautic
- Fuel Separator & Filtration: Main engine Racor 3 bank 20/20
- Generators Single Racor 20/10
- Sewage System: 600 US gal. Tecnicomar Sewage treatment Plant. (New 2013)
- Gray water: Direct overboard discharge
- Fresh Water System: 1200 US gal holding tank. Two Head Hunter Mach 5 Jet Pumps.
- Brand: ZF
- Model: BW190
- Ratio: 2.57:1
- Brand: Northern Lights
- KW: 40
- Hours Port: 2511
- Hours Stbd: 3286
- VHF: 2 X Icom 504 at helm with command mics at bridge deck helm.
- Radar: 1 Furuno 12 KW
- Radar: 2 Furuno Navnet 3D 25 KW
- Gyrocompass: Furuno & Robertson
- Magnetic Compass: Danforth
- Auto Pilot: Robertson AP20
- Depth Sounder: Furuno RD30
- GPS: Furuno Navnet 3D / Nobeltec
- Weather FAX: XM Weather Works
- Ships Computer: HP
- Video Equipment: (2009) KVH Satellite TV with receivers in the galley, salon & all cabins including crew staterooms. DVD players in salon, Master and VIP. Smart remotes in Master and VIP stateroom. Crestron automated control via Ipad in Salon. Closed circuit tv with 4 cameras viewable on tvs and helm dispalys. All tvs upgraded to flat screens in 2009.
- Audio Equipment. (2009) Crestron Audio System in salon with separate zone control panels on aft deck, galley, bow and bridge deck.
- Cooking Equipment: (2009) Miele Stainless Steel Convection Oven, GE profile 4 burner cooktop, stainless steel KitchenAid dish washer,
- Refrigeration/Freezer: Stainless steel GE side by side refrigerator with ice and water dispenser in door, 4 GE Monogram stainless steel under counter refrigerator draws, 1 GE Monogram under counter refrigerator, 2 Avanti mini freezers in doghouse.
Additional Refrigeration (2009)
- 1 GE Monogram two draw drink refrigerator located on aft deck
- 1 GE Monogram two draw drink refrigerator located on bridge deck
- 1 Isotherm under counter refrigerator located behind bridge deck bar
- 1 Isotherm under counter ice maker located behind bridge deck bar
- Main Laundry Equipment. 1 stackable Miele Washer/Dryer (guest area), 1 stackable GE (crew area)
- Anchor Windlass System: Maxwell 3500
- Anchors: 250lb Pool type.
- Anchor Chain: 400 ft ½” Galvanized Chain
- Security, Fire Fighting & Safety Equipment
- Security Equipment:
- CCTV System: 4 Cameras. Aft deck, bridge deck, port engine room, starboard engine room
- Fire Fighting Equipment:
- Fire Control System: Engine room Halon 1301 Auto/ Manual back-up
- Fire Extinguishers: 18 hand-held BCF 1 CO2 & 1 Foam
- Alarms: Heat & smoke (x4)
- Life Rafts: 1 Revere Commander 6 Man
- Life Rings: 1 life rings
- EPIRBS: ACR 406
- Flares: 4 Parachute flares, 4 red hand-held flares, 2 day smoke flares, 4 white collision-avoidance signal flares
- Medical Equipment: Marine Medical emergency bag, Defibulator & oxygen bottle
- Exclusions include all of owner's personal effects -
Double Down has been well maintained with regular maintenance and upgrades since new. Major Refits 2009/2013