1998 Ocean Alexander 546 Yachtfisher
PDQ is a three stateroom cockpit motoryacht that is powered by twin Caterpillar diesels. The layout offers generously proportioned aft deck, master and VIP suites, salon, plus an enclosed command bridge. The boat is perfect for cruising thanks in part to an abundant amount of storage, home sized appliances, a huge walk-in lazarette, and roomy stand up engine room. The convenient cockpit with nonskid swim platform is another compliment to this Ed Monk design. This Ocean Alexander has benefited from caring owners and a professional maintenance program. PDQ spent the first ten years of her life in Wisconsin. During that time, she averaged less than 80 hours use per year and was always stored away each winter. The current owner purchased the yacht in the summer of 2009 and since, he has had the opportunity to enjoy years of dependable cruising. In June 2016, PDQ was hauled out of the water and received new anti-foul paint, running gear and bearings were inspected, Naiad Stabilizers were dropped and serviced, propellers and rudders were removed and serviced, the exterior was polished and the interior and engine room have been detailed. The seller is moving down to an express fisherman or center counsel and will consider quality trades.
Click this link and view our Virtual Tour on PDQ - https://yachtprofile.com/ypo546/
Cockpit and Lazarette
- Transom door provides safe access to nonskid swim platform
- Teak Decks
- Varnished Teak Rails
- 5 large stainless steel cleats
- 5 stainless steel Lees Rod Holders
- 2 large GRP storage lockers for fenders, lines, and miscellaneous gear
- Outdoor hot and cold shower
- Hookups for shore power, cable TV, electric, and freshwater wash-down
- 4 step access to extra-large lazarette
- Appropriately sized cockpit compliments fishing, diving, and cruising
- Lazarette is spacious and does allow convenient access to machinery, pumps, valves, and strainers.
- Northern Lights Generator with Sound Shield and spare propellers are located in the lazarette.
- There is a work area found here as well as ample space for fishing and diving gear, bikes, golf clubs, or other toys required for your cruise. PDQ was built to travel!
The aft deck on this Ocean Alexander is spacious and it’s completely covered by the flybridge deck. Doors on each side of the aft deck allow access forward to the side decks as well as ensure privacy and protection from the elements.
- Large rectangular table seats six
- Wetbar with U-Line Ice Maker and Isotherm Fridge plus an abundant amount of storage
- Flat screen TV that stows away overhead into a robust compartment
- Teak Decks
- Step access with safe handrails up to the command bridge helm and down to the salon
The side decks on PDQ are nonskid fiberglass. The side decks are partially covered by the bridge deck. High stainless steel bow rails and hand rails attached to the house help to move around deck safely.
Five steps up from the aft deck is the helm station. The helm is enclosed with sliding glass windows and this space is climate controlled for comfort. The space has two molded seating areas that each have storage below. There is another storage locker located below the helm station on the port side.
- 5-Step teak ladder with stainless handrail
- (2) Upholstered helm chairs
- L-Shaped settee with large fiberglass table to port with additional seating starboard
- (3) Large windows with screens easily slide open completely
- (2) Overhead hatches with screens
- (4) Stainless overheads lights
- (6) Rod holders built in overhead
- Teak decks
- White vinyl headliner shows well
- Furuno Radar with Display FCV – 585
- 2 Raymarine E120 Displays
- ACR Searchlight RCL-100
- 4 Raymarine Multi-Displays: Depth, Auto Pilot, Speed, and Multiple
- Fireboy Alarm and Suppression Control
- Naiad Stabilizers Control Panel
- Bow and Stern Thrusters
- Yacht Controller
- VHF Radio IC-M602
- Alpine CDA-7894 CD Receiver
- Cruisair A/C Control Panel
- Ship’s phone
- Overhead Caterpillar Engine Displays
- Overhead Displays for: Batteries, Racor Filters, Temperatures, and Levels for oil and water
Access to the tender deck on PDQ is via a large sliding window found on the aft bulkhead of the enclosed bridge. The bridge deck houses the Caribe inflatable tender however there is ample room for additional yacht toys if desired.
- 6-Person Switlik MKII life raft
- 2008 Caribe Inflatable RIB with 15 HP Yamaha Outboard
- Telescoping Davit (manufacturer and lifting capacity is not known)
- Rocket Launcher with 16 rod holders
- Waist high rails surround the bridge deck
- Convenient access to KVH SAT TV and Raymarine Radar installed on the hardtop
PDQ will cruise efficiently at 10 to 12 knots. The seller shared he has operated PDQ at 12 knots in all types of weather and sea conditions. 16 knots cruising speed is possible and PDQ will top out around 19 knots. PDQ would oftentimes travel at idle speed of 8 knots, the perfect trolling speed. PDQ will get 1.5 NM per gallon at 8 knots.
When describing the interior of this Ocean Alexander, volume and storage are reoccurring adjectives. There is extra headroom throughout, windows surround the salon, the galley is equipped with a home sized fridge and freezer, the staterooms are big, and even the heads are generously proportioned. The interior joiner work has aged beautifully. The light Oak wood is complimented by genuine wood sole and white headliner throughout the interior. PDQ would make a luxurious live aboard yacht that is capable of comfortable long distance cruises.
Salon and Galley
The salon and galley on PDQ is an open arrangement and large windows surround the entire space.
- There is an extra-large settee and table designed to accommodate six
- A wing door with screen to starboard provides good access to the foredeck
- Ship’s panel is located forward in the salon
- The galley is equipped with abundant storage throughout thanks in part to the high top breakfast bar with built in bottle storage beneath
- 9 over counter cabinets plus ample storage below counter
- Amana home sized Fridge and Freezer
- Amana 4 burner ceramic cooktop
- Sharp Convection Oven
- Franke Double Stainless Sink
- Counter space in galley looks out through a large screened sliding window
- Located aft 5 steps down from the galley, the master stateroom is separated from the rest of the yacht’s interior.
- Walk around queen berth with built in storage below
- Abundant built in storage throughout the master with 3 hanging lockers
- Samsung TV
- GE Washer and Dryer
- Ladies vanity
- 6 portholes and 1 large window built into the aft bulkhead provides natural light
- Ensuite bath with stand up shower and Raritan head
- VIP stateroom is located forward. This space complimented by extra headroom and natural lighting.
- Large single berths with built in storage below
- Ladies vanity
- 3 large hanging lockers
- Ensuite bath with stand up shower and Raritan head
The 3rd stateroom is located just forward of the engine room. This stateroom features crisscross single berths and ensuite bath. Access to the engine room is found via a door built into the head. Like the rest of the interior, this cabin is complimented by beautiful wood floors and a sharp looking white headliner.
Twin Caterpillar 3196 inline 6 cylinder diesels with 2000 hours
16 KW Northern Lights Generator with 2800 hours
Hynautic hydraulic steering
60 Cycle - 120/240 volts AC
50 amp shore power cord
3 aluminum fuel tanks
ZF Marine transmissions
- Cruisair air conditioning
PDQ is perfectly suited for boaters seeking extra space. This CAT powered cockpit motoryacht has a functional cockpit, spacious aft deck, and three ensuite staterooms. Navigating from the air conditioned enclosed helm is comfortable. Stand up engine room and extra-large lazarette makes your checks and maintenance easy as possible for an owner operator. PDQ has been brought to Fort Lauderdale for the sole purpose of being sold as quickly as possible. The seller is moving down to a smaller boat and will consider quality express fisherman and center consoles on trade