1999 McKinna 57 Pilothouse
** SOLD **
If you are looking for a three stateroom highly maintained motor yacht in great condition with updated systems and electronics look no further.
OUR SEA QUEST is owned and operated by a very meticulous owner that keep an open checkbook on her and has impeccable attention to detail updating and maintaining all of her systems with the receipts and logs to back that up.
She is Hull # 15 of a long run of the popular model.
The 57 Pilothouse offers a very light and air interior, a very comfortable flybridge, and a great cockpit with an extra-large swim platform. From fishing, diving, or cruising she is set up for water sports while also offering quality construction and very comfortable living accommodations. Our Sea Quest is one of those boats you walk onto and immediately feel she is a fun, versatile, and comfortable boat.
Many updates are found throughout the vessel throughout the years to keep her in sync.
** Note this is a 1999 Model and it has the incorporated changes/upgrades standard not found on previous years that include underwater exhaust, water cooled dripless shaft seals, streamling of all the underwater gear (speed increase of 3 knots) increased fuel capacity, and a stabilizer fin to improve tracking in following sea conditions.
Owner has plans to move up. She is a must see. Make an appointment.
History of the Build
THE success of the McKinna 57 Pilothouse has always been due to its broad appeal. Since the first hull was launched a wide range of buyers have taken delivery through the years. The deck is designed very versatile and the standard features a luxury a true yacht should boast.
The three stateroom layout offers gracious and spacious accommodations for your visiting guests and the flybridge offers plenty of room for entertainment.
At the dock the 57 Pilothouse is a study of stylish liners and flowing curves that bring true style that many yachts of that era are lacking. However in open water you will really appreciate the craftsmanship the team put into this world class yacht. A smooth and quiet ride with a deep V hull design featuring a 22degree entry angle and 18.5 degrees at the deadrise. Her hull design provides excellent stability in all but the roughest seas.
McKinna yachts are designed to be maintenance friendly. All mechanical spaces below deck are easily accessible and a pleasure to work on. Electrical wiring is neatly harnessed and color coded for easy identification. All hardware is stainless steel or brass for trouble free operation and corrosion resistance.
Stepping onto the extra-large swim platform, you have a choice of two transom doors to the large cockpit. You enter the full beam salon through a sliding glass door and find sofas on both sides with a coffee/dining table to starboard, the galley port forward and steps starboard forward to the raised pilothouse. There are stairs to the fly bridge and a starboard side deck access door before you come to the starboard forward guest staterooms stairs. Once you are in the guest foyer below, you will find the master stateroom aft, guest stateroom to port, guest head to starboard and another guest stateroom all the way forward. Engine room access is through the lazarette.
There is a beautiful Cherry wood interior throughout. The headroom is 6'8" throughout, except for the master stateroom, which is 6'5".
Our Sea Quest offers an amidships master stateroom with ensuite head, port guest stateroom with over/under bunks and a forward guest stateroom with a queen size berth offset to port. The guest head is located to starboard.
Salon & Galley
Full Beam area with a built in Ultra Leather Settee to port and an L shaped Ultra Leather settee to starboard.
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- High Quality Carpeting
- Hi Lo Coffee/Dining Table w/ two ottomans
- Bar area for wine and liquor storage
- Large Windows Roman shades
- Sharp Flat Screen TV (New)
- Direct TV receiver
- Denon AVR 2808CI audio visual controller
- Dedicated reverse cycle AC unit
The galley is located port forward in the salon.
- Kenyon B40508 3-burner ceramic cooktop
- Broan trash compactor
- Dual Level Corian counter tops (New)
- 2 X Sub-Zero under counter refrigerators, one with freezer section
- Panasonic Steam Plus Microwave oven
- Large Corian Sink
- Teak & Holley sole floor
- Frigid Rigid portable freezer in lazarette
- U-Line icemaker and stainless steel BBQ grill in cockpit wetbar
Pilothouse & Staterooms
The raised pilothouse offers internal stairs starboard aft to the flybridge, starboard side deck access door, built-in wrap-around seating to port with a high/low Teak table, carpet and Teak & Holley sole, helm seat and full console forward. There is storage under the console and the aft end of the pilothouse is open to the salon and galley.
Pilothouse/Electronics and Helm:
Access to flybridge via internal stairs
Access to staterooms and salon Pantograph pilothouse starboard sliding door
- Wrap around seating to port with high low teak table
- Carpeting and teak holly sole
- Plush Helm Chair
- KVH satellite TV system
- Sharp flat screen TV in salon
- Denon AVR 2808CI audio visual controller in salon
- Sharp flat screen TV in master stateroom
- Sharp flat screen TV in forward guest stateroom
- Poly-Planer MRD60 marine stereo on flybridge
- Kenwood exterior speakers on flybridge
- B&G depth sounder in the pilothouse
- B&G Network System - wind, speed, depth on flybridge
- Big Bay ship's computer and monitor in the pilothouse
- Garmin depth sounder
- Garmin GMR404 Radar with 4' Array
- 2 X Garmin GPSMap 5212 chart plotters in the pilothouse and on the flybridge
- Uniden UM625c VHF in the pilothouse and on the flybridge
- Uniden UHF handheld radios with chargers
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass in the pilothouse and on the flybridge
- Simrad AP20 autopilot in the pilothouse and on the flybridge
- Intercom system
- VDO gauges
- Engine room and cockpit camera systems
- Weems & Plath ship's clock
- XM satellite weather system
Located amidships with queen centerline berth/with storage
- Dedicated reverse cycle AC
- Night Stands
- Two hanging lockers
- Storage drawers
- Vanity and Desk
- En suite head with shower/tub combo
- Cantaupi reading lights
- Cedar lined locker
- Cedar lined clothing drawers
- Sharp flat screen TV
VIP /Forward Guest Stateroom:
Forward guest stateroom offers a queen size berth to port (new mattress). The guest head is to starboard and aft of the forward guest stateroom.
- Storage cabinets
- Countertop above storage drawers to starboard
- Overhead deck hatch
- 2 portholes
- Anchor locker access
- Hanging locker
- Teak & Holley sole forward and carpet aft
- Reading lights
Port Guest Stateroom:
The port guest stateroom offers over/under bunks. The guest head is to starboard across from the port guest stateroom
- 1 porthole
- Cedar lined hanging locker
- Storage drawers
- Cantalupi reading lights
- Sohji sliding door (master only)
- Shower Tub Combo (master only)
- Brass towel bars, towel rings and tissue holders
- Vacuflush Heads
Laundry, Flybridge & Cockpit
GE Spacemaker dryer on top and a separate GE Spacemaker washer on the bottom in a foyer closet between the forward and port guest staterooms in dedicated closet.
Flybridge: (New Canvas 2/2014)
The flybridge offers a Bimini and radar arch, full Eisenglass enclosure, full console forward, built-in 2-person helm bench seat to port, wetbar and built-in seat port aft, wrap-around seating and table to starboard, non-skid deck.
The large cockpit offers two transom doors to the extra-large swim platform, teak decks, stainless steel and teak ladder to the flybridge, lazarette/engine room access and a built-in center aft wetbar and stainless steel BBQ grill. There are also rod holders, hot/cold fresh water shower and fresh water wash-down.
- Maxwell VWC2200C anchor windlass with controls at both helms and at windlass
- 65lb plow type anchor
- 200' anchor chain
- Stainless steel hand rails and deck hardware
- Stainless steel hoop rails on swim platform
- 3 X Rod holders in cockpit
- Fresh water wash down fore and aft
- Onan 20.0MDKAE/66904B 20 kW generator with under 1300 hours
- Heart Interface 2500 watt inverter/charger
- Heart Interface Link 2000-R battery monitor system
- Heart Interface electrical panels
- Heart Interface Pathfinder combiner system
- Mastervolt 15 amp battery charger
- 125 amp alternator
- Guest battery switches
- Glendinning Cablemaster CM7 shore power chord system
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Cummins QSM11 635 hp main engines
- Twin-Disc MG5081A 1.97:1 gearboxes
- Twin-Disc Power commander electronic engine controls
- Dual Racor 75/1000Max fuel filters for main engines
- Racor 500MA fuel filter for generator
- Wesmar T12E Bow thruster
- Bennett trim tabs
- Groco sea strainers
- Strong dripless shaft seals
- Raritan 20 gallon water heater
- 2 1/2" stainless steel shafts
- Nibral 4-bladed 30" X 33" propellers
- Spare set of propellers
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system
- Vacuflush fresh water toilets
- Tankwatch4 tank level monitor system
- Wema water tank gauge
- Nutone built-in vacuum system
- Marine Air Systems air conditioning system
- Caribe DLX 12' RIB
- Yamaha 40 hp 4-stroke outboard
- UMT 1000 lb. hydraulic davit
- Kidde smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fireboy engine room fire suppression system
- Fireboy main engine emergency shut-down system
- ACR 406 EPIRB
- ACR searchlight
- Lifejackets, fire extinguishers, flares
- Lifesling Man Overboard System
All original manuals and service records
Complete build and wiring plans
Complete 1000 Service Interval Performed
100 Hour service performed 3/2014
Bottom was fully sandblasted, barrier coated and bottom painted and running gear checked 2013
Teak is in great condition
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.