2001 Marlow Explorer 65C
“Reverie” has been Captain maintained for a very meticulous owner and is a great example of what a well maintained Marlow Explorer should look like. The engines and generators have recently been serviced and she is ready to go exploring! This 65C Marlow Explorer is the perfect size for a cruising couple who wants to be aboard for weeks, or even months at a time without the need of permanent crew. As an added bonus this vessel is equipped with a crew quarters that will allow you to take up to two additional crew or guests on your adventure, Naiad Multisea stabilizers, variable speed bow and stern thruster with 3 control stations and a wireless yacht controller for the ultimate in ease of docking experiences
View Virtual Tour: https:/[link removed]ndex.php?tour=449285
This semi-displacement composite hull with twin keels was revolutionary when she was built in 2001 and only a few builders use the high tech materials such as Kevlar and core cell foam today. The twin velocijet strut keels are still a unique and very advantageous feature of every Marlow Explorer. This yacht is a testament to the longevity of the superior construction techniques pioneered by David Marlow.
REVERIE is a 3 stateroom 3 head boat with a separate crew cabin aft. The master stateroom has a separate entrance at the forward end of the salon providing much more privacy than a Yacht that has all the cabins sharing a single access stairway. The Master Stateroom also has access to the head and shower for the port guest stateroom providing another complete head and shower for the owners when no one is using the port guest stateroom.
The cockpit and full walk around side decks make living on and handling this yacht at the dock safe and easy. Tall railings and the high sides of the Portuguese bridge provide safe handholds and secure footing, perfect for grandchildren and pets. The open fly bridge can be accessed from stairs near the galley inside or from the outside stairs in the cockpit. The twin helm chairs and two built in seats provide room for 8 people or more to cruise in comfort. All the seating is covered by a sturdy bimini top and factory built integrated radar arch. Aft of the seating area is the boat deck. This area has the davit, refrigerator and dinghy. The electric grill is located in the cockpit area. Once the dinghy is in the water this becomes a great outdoor living space as well, with convenient built in stairs to the cockpit below.
One of the great things about the Blue Awlgrip hull is the ability to make little touch ups that blend in very nicely. This is much easier to do than on a gel coat hull. Her Caterpillar 3406E engines are arguably some of the best engines available in this class of vessel. The topsides have been kept waxed and the bright work varnish has always been kept in yacht condition.
The main salon is a bright, airy and enjoyable area to lounge or entertain. To starboard is a beautiful teak table surrounded by a supple Ultraleather U-shaped settee with built in storage underneath. The custom built teak table is a high-low unit to allow you to dine at this table comfortably. Across from the settee is a large flat screen pop up TV in a custom built entertainment center. The two chairs opposing the settee makes for a perfect entertaining area for 6-8 adults. To port is the wet bar with covered sink, glass and bottle storage locker, with new 60lb ice maker, and a Sub Zero wine cooler/ refrigerator for entertaining. Throughout the yacht the satin varnished teak countertops are striking adding to the beauty of the teak and holly sole. The overhead teak handrail, vinyl headliner and new custom carpets adds to the elegance accompanied by the teak valance board with tube lights and 24V Italian and Danish lighting throughout the yacht.
The gourmet galley is located just aft of the lower steering station in the pilothouse and is three steps up forward of the salon and dining room. If the chef(s) of the family tend to get sea sick, they will love the galley up design where the horizon is visible in all directions. There are many large storage cabinets with louvered teak doors. All cabinets and drawers on the yacht are lined with Formica to provide a smooth surface that is easy to keep clean. Tube lighting under the cabinets with a mirrored, vaulted, overhead panel, gives the galley a spacious look and feel.
- Fisher Paykel dishwasher
- Sub Zero drawer style refrigerator & freezer (4 Drawers)
- Dacor 27" black oven & Dacor 4-burner cooktop
- Dacor full size oven
- NEW microwave oven/convection
- Kitchen Aid trash compactor
- New GE twist & lock reverse osmosis water filtration system
- Franke sink with Grohe fixture
- Built in warming locker for bread
Refrigerator, freezer, microwave and galley outlets are on the inverter and will work without the generator or shore power connected. This gives you the ability to take off in the Dinghy for a day of island exploring and leave the generator off, as the batteries will power the galley appliances.
The king size master bed is athwartship near the center of the yacht. Access to the Master Stateroom is provided by a set of stairs from the forward end of the salon. This arrangement provides much better separation from quests in the forward staterooms. Three port lights over the head of the bed let in lots of natural light. There are several full-height cedar-lined hanging lockers and plenty of drawer space for extended cruising. The aft portion of the master stateroom has a very handy office and laundry center. The private master head is on the port side of the vessel and has a nice vanity area. The head has lots of counter space and plenty of storage. There is a separate sink area forward with its own access door creating a his and hers sink with a shared shower. When the Portside stateroom is not in use there is an access door to this head and shower providing a second full head easily accessible from the master stateroom.
- King size berth
- Grohe faucets at sink and shower
- Cedar lined closets
- Flat screen TV
- Teak interior with satin finish
- New Melie washer and dryer with exhauster boost fan
- Vacuflush toilet
- Office area with writing desk
- 6 opening ports with screens
- Satin teak and holly floors
- ACR ResQLink personal locator beacon - Model PLB-375
- Ditch Bag : (24) 8oz bottle waters, 12 protein bars, 3 parachute flares, first aid kit, 2 flashlights, dive knife, cordage, 50 SPF sunscreen, 2 signal mirrors, whistle, compass, signal horn, life raft patch, signaling kit, 50ft throw rope, bailing bucket and sponge.
- First aid kit
- LIFEPAK CR Plus Defibrillator, rescue mask and first responder kit.
- Dry Chemical ABC fire extinguisher
The VIP is forward and is accessed by the stairs from the starboard side of the Pilothouse. This stateroom features a queen size berth, TV, and has direct access to the head from the stateroom. This head is also accessed from the hall to provide a day head for the yacht. This stateroom will make any guest feel right at home with its cedar lined hanging lockers and ample drawer space. 24" square overhead hatches provide natural light, ventilation, and another method of egress should it be needed.
Port Guest Stateroom
The Port guest stateroom features offset twin bunks and a private head. There are two large hanging lockers, storage drawers, and bookshelves. Natural light and fresh air is provided by two opening port lights in the stateroom and one in the head. The head for this stateroom can also be accessed from the master stateroom giving the owners the option of his and her heads when the guest stateroom is not in use otherwise
- Flatscreen TV with built in DVD and Direct TV
The upper and lower navigation stations are fully self-contained allowing you to comfortably run from either station.
- New wireless three station Yacht Controller with integrated engine shift, bow and stern thruster controls.
- (4) New Garmin touch screen chart plotters at upper and lower helm stations two 5212's, one 7212- Lower, one 7215 - Upper
- Furuno FCV 582L color depth and fish finder (upper & lower)
- Garmin HD Radar 4' array
- Simrad AP20 Autopilot (upper & lower station)
- AIS with receive and/or transit selection
- Naiad Multisea stabilizers
- Sidepower variable speed bow and stern thrusters
- Trace 3500 invertor
- KVH Sat phone
- KVH Trackvision 4 Direct TV with 3 receivers
- Glendinning electronic controls
- Glendinning engine synch
- Simrad rudder angle indicators (upper & lower stations)
- Simrad IS15 wind instruments
- 6" Ritchie compass (2)
- (4) Underwater lights
Ship's AC power is provided by two 50 amp shore power connections with Glendinning Cablemaster automatic retractors and 75' of cord, upgraded with two additional cablemasters located on the bow. The primary generator is a Northern Lights 20kw, with a new backup 12kw Northern Lights, both in custom Lexan sound shields.
- 110V/220V AC electrical system
- 24V/12V electrical system
- Battery parallel automatic for start
- 4 x 200AH battery dedicated house bank
- Electrical bonding system
- Northern Lights 20 kW & 12 kW generators in custom Lexan see-thru sound shields
- 4 Glendinning Cablemaster's - 2 at bow, and 2 at stern
- Upgraded LED lighting on steps and main salon
Complete navigation station with two Stidd helm chairs. The flybridge includes a factory FRP Radar Arch and custom built Bimini Top. Behind the Stidd helm chairs there are two lounge areas with a large table to starboard. Access to the boat deck area is gained from the pilothouse or via molded stairs from the aft deck. Stainless steel dinghy chocks cradle a Boston Whaler dinghy. The boat deck features a hydraulic davit. The Viking Rescyou Pro 8 person life raft and ACR Global Fix IPRO EPIRB are secured on the boat deck. A sink is adjacent with a refrigerator ice maker to port. The custom electric grill is located aft in the cockpit.
- ACR Global fix IPRO EPIRB Cat 1 with Automatic release - Model RBL-36
- 24" Taylor Made Life Ring with throw bag and strobe light
- (3) Type I PFD
- (7) Type II PFD - 2 at flybridge, 5 at tender
- (2) Type II PFD Youth
- (2) Type III PFD (kayak vests)
- (4) Snorkel vests
- (3) Orion Offshore alert/locate signaling kit - flybridge/ditch bag/tender
- Viking RescYou Pro 8 person life raft
Numerous additions and upgrades enhance the already impressive engine room. In addition to the long list of standard items, starting with the flexible drive coupling system with soft mounts and anti-vibration isolators, under water exhaust, 110 V flourescent lighting, and high capacity blowers, some additional upgrades include a teak grate and finished non-skid flooring. The Aquadrive units were just serviced and the shafts were recently checked and trued.
- Caterpillar twin 3406E, 800 hp diesels
- 24V exhaust fans
- 110 volt exhaust fans
- Chilled water AC system (94,000 btu) (two new chillers)
- Fire control system
- Side power variable speed bow and stern thrusters with multi station controls
Naiad model 252 stabilizers w/digital controls
Matrix 1200GPD Watermaker (rebuilt 2014)
Engine room sound insulation
Racor dual crossover fuel filters
(4) Bilge pumps, 3700 gph
High water bilge alarm
Velocijet strut keels
Engine and exhaust high temperature alarm
The foredeck has a Portuguese bridge for safety at sea. Stainless steel chocks and cleats, stainless steel bow rollers on the pulpit, heavy duty automatic windlass with station control, polished stainless steel anchors (2), and polished stainless steel handrails complement the foredeck. The aft deck has transom seat, electric grill and large swim platform with built-in swim ladder. Aft deck engine controls with variable speed bow and stern thrusters. The custom engine room/ crew quarters entrance is accessible from the salon.
- ACR Global fix IPRO EPIRB Cat 1 with automatic release
- New Viking RescYou Pro 8 person life raft with quick release system
- (2) New Ocean Kayak Scrambler 11 with seats
- 13' Boston Whaler with 40hp Yamaha outboard engine
Fresh Water: 450