2003 Novatec Islander 55
A very well thought out and high quality build offering a very spacious interior with an air conditioned aft deck and fly-bridge and a wonderfully versatile aft cockpit.
Owned by a fastidious yachtsman with a great eye for detail and an open checkbook policy for maintenance. Professionally Awlgripped by Owl Creek Boat Works with a recent state of the art Furuno/Garmin Electronics package, this is a turn key offering that is truly ready to cruise.
She is a great loop veteran, fully equipped with state of the art equipment and machinery. Offering great fuel economy as a trawler but allowing for a good turn of speed when desired.
This is a must see for the adventurous cruiser or for anyone desiring to own a very well kept yacht that one can be proud to call their own.
Featuring a fully air conditioned fly-bridge and aft deck both under fiberglass hardtops with sliding tempered glass side windows on aft deck, and a large aft cockpit for recreational activities, storage, and ease of boarding.
This is a galley up floor-plan with a very comfortable lower salon and very gradual stairs allowing ease of access throughout.
The master stateroom is aft and full beam featuring a California Queen Berth, 3 hanging lockers, a private doorway leading out to the rear deck, and a large head with a separate tub-shower stall.There is abundant storage in drawers and cabinets, and beneath the master berth.
Up three steps to the main salon with an L-shaped leatherette flex-steel sectional which converts to a queen bed to port, and across to the entertainment center with a built in wine cooler. Forward to starboard is the L-shaped galley with a spacious dinette across to port.
Forward and down is the laundry center to port concealed in cabinetry with an over under apartment sized washer and dryer. Across to starboard is the head with dual door access. This allows for private access from the VIP stateroom or from the common companionway. This is a very large area with dual vanities, and a very roomy tub shower stall.
All the way forward is the VIP stateroom featuring a center-line queen berth and abundant storage in concealed drawers and cabinets. There is an overhead opening escape hatch with a hide away shade.
To port aft of the stateroom is a large walk in closet that serves as additional storage. It features a huge pantry area, hanging lockers and cabinet storage.This area could be used as an office, or converted into a bunk room.
Up from the salon and aft is the covered aft deck area that serves as the second salon. There are custom Lucite wing doors, sliding glass windows on the sides. There are full Lexan enclosure aft with Textaline sun screens. Featuring a wet bar with refrigerator and ice maker, a flat screen TV, this wonderful area is fully furnished.
Up to the fly-bridge with 3 pedestal helm seats, a large L-shaped seating area with table and carpet. This area is enclosed with opening tempered glass forward windshields with one tempered glass side window and two opening lexan panels on each side. There is a rigid opening Lexan enclosure aft. All windows have Textalene sun covers. This area is fully air-conditioned and weather tight. There is an aft watch berth and access to the boat deck aft.
Deck And Exterior Features.
Featuring wide non skid decks with high oversized welded safety rails.
- 800# Hydraulic Assist Dinghy Crane
- Dinghy Chocks
- Dual Anchoring system with (2) Muir windlasses, 2 Anchor Rollers, CQR type Plow and Fortress Anchor
- Stainless window frames, safety rails, haws pipes, cleats and deck hatches
- 6 Step "Tiderider" style boarding stairs, and Carbon Fiber boarding ramp.
- Foredeck storage lockers (3)
- Transom door to FRP swim platform
- Jen-Air electric grill in FRP Cabinet
- Stainless door leads to Master Stateroom
- Hot and Cold Shower
- Large Lazarette storage area
- Electro Mechanical lift for Lazarette hatch
- Molded stairs to aft deck.
- Varnished Teak Cap Rail, (Only exterior teak on vessel)
- 3 Flush mounted rod holders
- Overhead Rod Storage in Lazarette
- Fully Air Conditioned (24,000 BTU)
- Lucite custom clear doors to side decks
- Custom Quartz Counter and table tops.
- Tempered Safety Glass opening side windows
- Lexan hard aft enclosure with opening panel
- Removable Textalene sun shades over windows and enclosure
- Full Wet Bar
- Custom Table, sofa, loveseat, and chairs
- Flat Screen TV
- Fully Airconditioned (24,000 BTU)
- Three pedestal helm seats
- Captains helm seat fully adjustable
- L Shaped Settee with table
- Bench seating with storage
- (3) Tempered glass forward windows with wipers
- 4 opening Lexan side windows
- Lexan rear enclosure to boat deck.
- Cushioned Watch berth
- All Electronics flush mounted
Electronics & Navigation
Recent upgrades to the Navigation system featuring state of the art Furuno and Garmin Touch screen MFD'S, all new in 2013.
- 2- Furuno 14" TZ Touch MFD Full Color Displays Chart Plotters (2013)
- Furuno Fish Sounder module (Networked) (2013)
- Furuno HD Radar 120 Mile range (Networked) (2013)
- Full weather station interface (Networked) (2013)
- Garmin 5212 Color GPS (With Video Camera hook up) (2013)
- Sirius Weather Receiver - subscription required 2013
- Robertson A22 Auto Pilot
- Remote Cameras for Back up and Engine Room Viewing (2013)
- Remote Joy Stick Control For Pilot
- I-Com IC 604 VHF Radio
- Back- up Fixed mount VHF Radio
- Loud Hailer horn on Foredeck
- AIS Transponder Receiver (2013)
- Ray Digital Depth Sounder
- Ray Digital Speed Log
- ITT Jabsco searchlight with flybridge remote control
- (3) Chromed Air Horns
- Fly bridge AM/FM/ CD Stereo.
- KVH Satellite TV Tracking Antenna
- Twin Cummins QSM-11 Common Rail Fuel Injected Diesels with 635 HP each and 2,375 original Hours
- Vetus 24 Volt Bow Thruster w/dedicated battery bank
- Vetus 24 Volt Stern Thruster w/dedicated battery bank
- Handheld Remote Docking System
- Glendenning Electronic Engine Controls
- Cummins Smartcraft Electronic Engine Gauges (2)
- Analog engine gauges (Fly-Bridge and Engine Room)
- Wema FB monitor gauges for water and fuel levels
- Offshore Marine R.O. Water Maker 800 GPD
- (6 ) Zone Cruisaire Marine Reverse Cylcle Air Conditioning Systems
- Dual A/C water pumps with switching manifold
- Lectra-San MSD Head Treatment System
- Y-Valves for direct discharge.
- 2 Holding tanks (80 gallon total) with macerator's and deck pump outs
- Flo-Jet Domestic fresh water system with dual pumps and accumulator tank.
- Domestic Fresh Water Filtration (2 Filters)
- 15 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- Fresh and raw water washdown (foredeck)
- 4-blade Nibral propellers
- 4- LED Underwater lights (2014)
- 110 and 12 Volt Engine Room lighting
- Drip-less shaft seals
- Dual Racor 1000 Primary Fuel Filters with Vacuum gauges and Manifold Selector
- Video camera for Engine Room
- Fireboy fire suppression system - inspected 8/2015
- Fuel tank sight gauges
- Oil change system
- Bennet trim Tabs
- (3) Windshield Wipers
- (3) Opening Vent windows at F/B Helm
- Nu-Tone Central Vacuum system
Featuring two Glendenning Cable Masters, (forward and Aft) and a portable 50 amp cord. The electrical panel is state of the art and very easy to use.
- Onan 17.5kw genset in Sound Shield (2350 Hrs.)
- (2) Glendining Shorepower retrieval systems
- 50 AMP 220 Volt power cords (3)
- Halogen lighting through out the boat.
- Pro- Nautic 2425 C 24 Volt Battery charger
- Pro- Nautic 1250 C 12 Volt Battery Charger
- 13 AGM batteries - NEW June 2013
- 2500 Watt Xantrex inverter/charger
- Sidepower bow thruster with (2) dedicated 12 Volt batteries
- Sidepower stern thruster with (2) dedicated 12 Volt batteries
- (2) Each Engine 12 Volt 8D Batteries
- (1) Generator 4D Battery
- (2) 12 Volt 8 D batteries for House service
- (2) 12 Volt 8 D Batteries for Inverter service
Vessel Highlights-Air Draft-Fuel Consumption
Current owner purchased the vessel 9 years ago with 350 engine hours. During his ownership he has run approximated 2000 hours operating 97% of the time at his low cruise of 900 RPM'S. At this speed his fuel consumption is 4.5 GPH. Range with a 10% reserve is 1100 miles. Engine wear at this speed is very negligible.
At high cruise: 1830 RPM'S give an 18.5 knot cruise @45 GPH. Less than 50 hours of operation at this speed.
Owner made the great loop trip. To reduce the vessel air draft from its normal 21 foot, (with antennas lowered) the following is done:
Lowering the mast light, (swivels on bracket) will give an air draft under 19 foot.
Removing the Satellite TV dome, Weather Receiver and Radar will give an air draft under 17 feet. (Very Easily Done)
- Entire vessel Awl-gripped in 2012
- Bottom paint new in Jan, 2016
- Bow and Stern Thrusters
- 13 new AGM Batteries in 2013
- High Gloss Cherry interior with Burled wood Highlights
- Teak and Holly Cabin Soles
- Stainless Window Frames
- Custom Quartz aft deck counter and table tops
- Recent state of the art touch screen electronics
- Upgraded AV systems
- All weather Flybridge and aft deck with opening windows.
- All canvas and Lexan renewed
- Only two total owners, current owner for 9 years
The following items are specifically excluded from the sale of the vessel.
The 3 pieces of artwork (prints) affixed to the walls,
All personal effects and those items discovered aboard which are not included in the listing sheet.
The inflatable dinghy and outboard.
Pride of ownership will convey to the next lucky owner. A very well kept yacht that has always had the best of care. Fully equipped and impeccably maintained. If you are a searching for that rare offering that is truly turn key, needs nothing, and is a joy to own, put this one on your must see list.
Owner has operated the boat at slow 900 RPM cruising speed for 97% of his time cruising. Engines are in excellent condition with very low total gallons of fuel used.
A great Loop, and Bahamas veteran, ready to go again tomorrow.
Owner downsizing and may consider select quality smaller trades.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.