2004 Novatec Islander Cockpit
As the 4th largest Taiwanese yacht builder, Nova Marine has built over 1500 boats, so it should come as no surprise that the 48 Islander is such a well-crafted boat.
With handsome lines, heavy duty construction and quality fit and finish throughout, this 48' Cockpit motor yacht named "GUARDIAN" is a real pleasure to board and see. Maintained by her original, meticulous owners, her fully enclosed and two zone, AC and heated fly bridge and cockpit, adds to her overall living space.
"Guardian" is a must see for a cruising boater or quality seeking live-board buyer.
Powered by reliable 450 Cummins, a full array of electronics, bow thruster, on top of her handsome teak trimmed accommodations, this caliber of 48' cockpit motor yacht is a rarity in this current brokerage market.
Her owner's plans have changed and she's now offered for sale in the Annapolis, Maryland area.
Entering along either companionway, port or starboard, walk aft to the stainless wing doors to the enclosed and air conditioned aft deck. The aft deck is a pleasant living space with teak and holly vinyl sole, loveseat and chairs, wet bar and custom cabinet on the portside. From the aft deck, step up into the air conditioned flybridge. There are two lounge seats on either side of the helm, as well as the comfortable helm seat. A combination of forward hydraulic opening windshields for ventilation, EZ2CY panels and stainless and glass wing doors allow for outside air.
Opening the cabin door portside in the aft deck, you go down into the salon. Once in the comfortable warm teak trim of the salon, you will find a large settee with a hi/lo folding teak table, to the starboard. Along the portside of the salon, there's plenty of storage cabinetry, custom wine cooler and the entertainment center with a large Sony flat screen TV.
From the portside aft, step down into the full beam master, with a centerline queen and ensuite head, with large stall shower. Aft of the master stateroom, is a stainless door to the cockpit and transom door to the swim platform and tender.
Step forward and down into the galley from the salon, there is a guest head to port and guest stateroom forward. Engine room access is via the raised steps to the galley or in hatches in the salon's teak sole.
The salon offers large side windows for plenty of natural light, teak & holly sole, wrap-around seating (a custom chaise with storage underneath) and a hi/lo folding teak table to starboard, storage cabinet and drawer starboard forward and storage cabinets and wine cooler to port.
- Sony HDTV
- DVD Player
- Bose Stereo System
- Avanti Wine Cooler
- 12/120 Volt AC/DC Panel
- Overhead Lighting
- Privacy Curtains
The full beam master stateroom is aft and offers a centerline queen size berth, nightstand, reading lights, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, full-length mirror, teak & holly sole, door to the cockpit, four port lights, Samsung flat screen TV and an ensuite head. The ensuite head offers an enclosed shower, solid-surface countertop, stainless steel sink, port light and Jabsco electric head.
The guest stateroom is forward and offers an island queen size berth, reading lights, overhead hatch, shelves, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, teak & holly sole and ensuite head.
The large, open galley is down and to starboard.
- Princess 3-Burner Electric Cooktop And Oven
- Norcold 12/24 Vdc 120vac Refrigerator/Freezer
- Whirlpool Microwave Oven
- Solid Surface Countertop
- Molded-In Large Sink
- Dry Storage, Storage Cabinets And Drawers, Shelf
The sundeck offers a hardtop, opening side windows, stainless steel & glass wing doors, stainless steel & glass door to the salon, EZ2CY enclosure aft, reverse cycle heat and air conditioning, Wicker deck furniture, vinyl teak & holly sole, a wet bar with a U-Line icemaker, sink and liquor cabinet, molded-in steps to the flybridge and a desk/storage cabinet port aft.
The cockpit offers a non-skid deck, transom door to the swim platform, molded-in steps to the sundeck, lazarette access, stainless steel & glass door to the master stateroom and fresh water hot/cold shower.
Simpson Lawrence Sprint 1500 anchor windlass with foot controls
- 45lb Stainless Steel Claw Anchor
- Wash-Down Forward
- Frameless Windows
- Fiberglass Swim Platform
- Swim Ladder
- Stainless Steel Deck Hardware
- Stainless Steel Rails
Helm & Electronics
The enclosed flybridge offers a hardtop, glass, hydraulic powered windows forward, EZ2CY panels on each side and aft, reverse cycle heat and air-conditioning, a Lebroc helm seat, full helm forward with storage underneath, wraparound bench seat on each side, vinyl teak & holly sole and non-skid deck.
- Garmin 2010c Gpsmap Chart Plotter
- Raymarine ST8002 Smartpilot Autopilot
- Icom IC-M302 VHF
- Furuno RD-30 Navigational Data Organizer Display
- Richie Powerdamp Magnetic Compass
- Mingood Intercom System
- Onan MDKAV 13.5kw Generator
- Trace Inverter
- Promariner Pronautic 1260 Battery Charger, New '15
- 50 Amp Shore Power
- Glendinning Cablemaster In Cockpit
- 6D House And Engine Batteries
Engine And Mechnical
The engine room is accessed from either the raised steps to the galley, or in the hatches in the salon sole.
Displacement cruising speed is 10 knots at 8gph combined (approx 1400 rpms)
- Twin Cummins 6BTA8.3M3 450hp Main Engines
- Twin Disc MG 5061A Gearboxes
- Morse Engine Controls
- Strong Dripless Shaft Seals
- Racor 751000 FHX Dual Racor Fuel Filters With Vacuum Gauges For The Main Engines
- Racor 500FG Fuel Filter For The Generator
- Walker Airseps
- Sidepower Bowthruster
- Seastar Hydraulic Steering System
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Marine Air 5-Zone Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioning/Heating System
- Raritan 12 Gallon Water Heater
- Flojet Fresh Water Pump And Accumulator Tank
- Wema Tank Level Gauge
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Mercury 7' Inflatable Tender
- Mercury 4hp 4-Stroke Outboard
- Nautley 200lb Tender Chocks On The Swim Platform
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.