2008 Sea Ray 55 Sundancer
The 55' Sundancer is perhaps the most desirable of all the different Sea Ray models. She is a "manageable" owner operator with a decent turn of speed and impressive sea keeping characteristics. There is a hard bottom inflatable mounted on the hydraulic swim platform. The engine room is full stand up height.
Pura Vida features a fully air conditioned helm deck with control station, rotational lounge, and full entertainment center with grill & fridge.
Down below you will find a most elegant main salon, galley, and two generous staterooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Down six teak tread steps from the Upper Cockpit is the Salon and Galley area. The Salon area is to starboard and consists of an Ultra Leather four to five person settee that can convert to sleep two. The settee is L shaped facing forward and centerline. Just inboard at the aft part of the settee is a high gloss cherry built end table with storage below. Above is a small storage drawer and a five shelf bookcase with a frosted glass and cherry trimmed door.
Above the settee are nine high gloss cherry storage cabinets. Just below are three large in hull deadlights behind cherry wood mini blinds. Next forward is a cabinet that matches the bookcase but instead contains the yacht’s entertainment electronics. They consist of:
- KVH TV control center & service port
- Cyber Home Progressive Scan DVD player
- (2) Direct TV SAT TV receiver HD
- Clarion 6 disc CD changer for outside stereo
- Bose Lifestyle AM/FM/CD/DVD player w/hard drive storage system
- Glomex Terrestrial TV tuner/gain adjustment
- Aux "in" port
Just below is a high gloss cherry end table with two storage drawers. Overhead are eight halogen mini spots, LCD rope lighting behind a cherry soffit and a sliding cover to the Foredeck fixed sun roof.
The sole of this area is a maple hardwood with three access hatches to equipment and storage below.
Also in the Salon is a five channel Bose speaker system with a hidden subwoofer, a CO alarm and a small coffee table with storage within.
Opposite to port is the Galley area with a contiguous hardwood sole, a matching skylight above and three fixed hull deadlights with cherry blinds. The Galley is J shaped and offers the following equipment:
- Corian countertop
- Under mount stainless steel sink w/Corian cover
- Trash chute w/Corian cover
- Kenyan Ceran top 3 burner cook top w/Corian cover
- Stainless steel faucet w/pullout spray
- Separate drinking water tap
- Under counter Sub Zero stainless steel fridge
- Under counter Sub Zero stainless steel freezer
- Tappan stainless steel convection/grill/microwave oven behind a cherry door
- Pegged dinnerware & fixed glass storage
- (11) Cherry cabinet doors
- Pullout cherry pantry storage behind a cherry door
- (3) Cherry drawers
- Large cherry storage cabinet above washer/dryer
- Splendide 2000 S washer/dryer combo behind cherry drawer
- Power vent
- (8) Halogen overhead mini spots
- LCD rope lighting behind a cherry soffit
- Beam central vacuum outlet
- A cabinet in the center island houses a popup Sharp Aquos 37" LCD HD TV facing the Salon settee.
Forward of the Salon is the private VIP Cabin with a centerline queen size berth with maple steps to make getting in easier. Below the berth is LED rope lighting in the toe kick. Either side of the padded headboard are directional reading lights. Outboard to both port and starboard are two oval stainless steel deadlights framed in a cherry soffit and hidden by cherry mini blinds. An upholstered feature above the berth allows for hidden LCD rope lighting. Also above the berth is a sliding Ocean Air cover and insect screen for the Foredeck deck hatch.
- Cherry shelves either side of the berth serve as nightstands.
- Aft to port is access to the VIP Head. The entry door is centerline.
- To starboard is a cedar lined walk in closet with two drawers and two cabinets, a hanging rod and two overhead lights.
- Next outboard is a Sharp Aquos 20" LCD TV and a built in Cyber Home Progressive scan DVD player.
- Also in the VIP are two Bose mini cube stereo speakers, nine overhead halogen mini spots, a CO alarm, digital AC controls and a carpet runner.
The Forward Guest Head severs both the Salon and VIP Cabin by having two access doors making it the Day Head as well. The sole is ceramic tile. The toilet is a Vacuuflush model. The curved front vanity has a cherry storage door below and Corian countertop above with a under mount stainless steel sink. A beveled edge mirrored medicine cabinet is above the sink with two dim-able halogen mini spots above. There is a full size beveled edge dressing mirror on the back of the VIP door.
The stall shower has a molded seat, an opening frosted stainless steel porthole, a handheld or wall mounted shower fixture, a curved Lucite sliding door, a Lucite side light and an overhead halogen mini spot. Also in the Head is an AC vent, an exhaust fan and a storage shelf for towels.
The Master Cabin is aft of and two steps down from the Galley. Entering from the forward end there is a queen size berth aft of the aft bulkhead with an upholstered headboard and an AC delivery soffit above the berth with three dimmable halogen mini spots directed to the head of the bed.
Either side of the berth are cherry columns with LED lights behind frosted glass. Outboard are port and starboard half height hanging lockers with cedar lining and auto lights. Going forward to starboard is a chest of four large drawers with a high gloss cherry countertop. Above is a large three panel fixed deadlight offering lots of ambient lighting. Next forward is the access to the private Head.
At the foot of the berth is a built in Sharp Aquos 26" LCD TV. Below is a large cherry storage locker.
On the portside of the Master all is a raised two person dinette with a cherry table top and a padded removable vinyl cover. Above the dinette is a matching three panel hull side deadlight behind cherry blinds.
Also in this cabin are Bose stereo speakers, a hidden subwoofer, a carpet runner, a CO detector and eight additional halogen mini spots.
Of special note is the Wallhugger adjustable sleep system mattress with massage and tilt up foot and head positions.
Accessed only from the Master Cabin is the private Master Head. The sole is ceramic tile. The bow front cherry vanity has one storage cabinet below and an under mount stainless steel sink in the Corian countertop above. A beveled edge mirrored medicine cabinet is above the sink.
Outboard is an upgraded Sea Land Vacuuflush toilet with push button electronic controls and a porthole behind cherry blinds.
The stall shower has a clear Lexan door, a handheld or wall mountable fixture, a seat, a light and an exhaust fan.
Also in the Head is a full size beveled edge dressing mirror on the back of the door, five overhead halogen mini spots and an AC vent.
- Fiberglass nonskid deck
- Welded stainless steel bow rails w/double tubing forward (3) stanchions, life lines aft
- Stainless steel anchor davit
- Lofrans Project 1500 electric windlass
- Up & down foot switches for windlass
- 88 Lb. Plow anchor w/all chain rode
- Anchor locker stowed freshwater wash down spigot & hose
- Dual anchor locker access hatches
- ACR RCL 100 remote control spotlight
- Walk around side decks
- Sun pad w/removable cushions
- (4) Sun pad drink holders
- Stainless steel handrails at sun pad
- Midship spring line cleats
- Forward Cabin opening deck hatch
- International Navigation lights
- PVC rub rail w/stainless steel striker plate
- (2) Fixed skylights into Salon
- Two pane fixed windshield w/(2) opening power vents
- (2) 24V Windshield wipers w/washers
- "New Style" windshield flow into fixed hardtop
- Dual trumpet air horns
- Hailer horn
- Fiberglass arch w/Raymarine 3' open array scanner
- Glomex Terrestrial TV antenna
- Sat weather & stereo antennas
- VHF antenna
Garmin & Raymarine GPS sensors
KVH Tracvision 4X Sat TV dome
- Nonskid fiberglass decks
- Port & starboard molded boarding steps from side decks
- Snap in carpet liner (tan)
- (4) Stereo speakers
- 10” Subwoofer
- Full Tonneau cover, hardtop to transom (Black Sunbrella)
- Stainless steel handrails & (5) steps for portside boarding w/storage below
- Starboard side walk through transom gate up (3) steps & stainless steel handrail
- (2) Large storage trunks on transom
- L Shaped seating w/removable cushions & storage below
- LED Cockpit accent lighting
- Engine Room access hatch on gas shocks
- Hydraulic tender platform w/chocks & tie downs
- Hidden stainless steel swim ladder under platform
- Hot & cold shower aft, starboard side
- Movable teak Cockpit table
- Fiberglass cabinet w/Norcold refrigerator
- Stainless steel drink holders
- Starboard side cabinet w/forward shutoff valves & platform wired remote
- Bottom two steps to swim platform port & starboard have teak treads
- (2) Stainless steel rod holders
- Kenyan electric grill w/stainless cover under hinged fiberglass cover
One step up from the Lower Cockpit is the Upper Cockpit, equipment includes:
- Teak deck over fiberglass
- Portside bar w/sink, Corian cutting board, trash chute, Ceran sink cover. Below are three cabinet doors, the most forward concealing a U Line icemaker.
- Cockpit AC controls
- Sharp 20" LCD Aquos TV mounted above bar
- (2) Bose outdoor stereo speakers
- Two person portside companion seat w/armrests and a fold down footrest
- (2) Stainless steel drink holders at companion seats
- Lockable glove box at companion seat
- 3 Position opening side windshield vent port & starboard
- Unique two piece rotational settee w/high gloss teak table on a stainless steel pedestal
- Clarion cockpit stereo remote
- (2) Glass opening sun roofs forward
- (6) Overhead stainless steel trimmed AC lights on dimmer
- (6) Overhead stainless steel trimmed DC lights on dimmer
- Cruiseair digital Cockpit AC controls
- Acrylic sliding door to cabin below slightly to port of center
- Zodiac Yacht Line 11' RIB tender
- 30 HP 45 Honda OB
- Console steering
- Tach, speed, trim, fuel & volt gauges
- Built in seats for four
- Stainless bow rail
- Navigation lights
- Electric start
- Built in fuel tank
- Fire extinguisher
- Contiguous teak sole
- (2) Helm seats w/full adjustments , armrests & fold down stainless steel rests
- Teak angled footrest
- Wood & leather tilt helm wheel
- Raymarine E 120, plotter, radar, monitor, SAT weather
- Garmin GPS MAP 7212 tach screen plotter
- Raymarine ST 8002 auto pilot w/course correction knob
- Ray 240 handset type VHF w/remote speaker & DSC
- ACR Point Pad URP 102 spotlight control
- Vetus bow & stern thruster integrated control
- MAN electronic engine controls
- Dedicated Helm Cruiseair AC control
- Ritchie 5" magnetic compass
- Bennett trim tab controls
- Sea Fire engine shutdown override switch
- Battery parallel switch
- Windlass switches, enable, up, down
- Windshield defroster system
- Skylight open/close switches
- Clarion stereo remote
- Telephone outlet
- Overhead panel w/(2) analog fuel gauges and MAN electronic gauges
- Overhead electronic panel for Onan generator
- Wiper switches
- Thruster/platform shutoff switches
- 800 HP MAN engines w/Vee drives
- (2) Mounted spare props
- (5) Cruiseair air conditioning compressors:
- 24,000 BTU
- 12,000 BTU
- 16,000 BTU
- 16,000 BTU
- 10,000 BTU
- Racor 500 for generator
- Dual Racor 1000 fuel filters for main engine w/vacuum gauges
- Generator coolant recovery bottle
- Sea Fire Engine Room for suppression system
- Shower sump
- Freshwater spigot
- Sea Star hydraulic steering system
- 5 Point Reverso oil change system
- Compressor for air horns
- (4) Fluorescent Engine Room lights
- 7 Step Engine Room access ladder
- (3) Bilge pumps
- Central vacuum
- Manifold type hot & cold water distribution system
- 12 Volt/24 Volt DC electrical system
- 12 Volt/24 Volt DC electrical system
- Touch Pad electrical panel near Galley w/smaller sub panel at Master berth
- Touch Pad light switches
- Touch Pad toilet functions w/digital waste tank gauge
- MASS 24V 450 amp Mastervolt charger
- (2) Vanner 60 amp battery equalizers
- (5) 8D Batteries
- (5) Marine electric battery switches
- Engine Room 12V panel w/(4) breaker protected circuits
- Engine Room 24V panel w/(9) breaker protected circuits
- Charles Industries 6 KVA iso transformer
- Charles Industries 12 KVA boot transformer
- 220V 50 Amp Glendinning shore cable reel
- (2) 110 Volt outlet in Engine Room
- Onan 21.5 KW genset in sound shield
- (2) Big Bay battery disconnect switches
Pura Vida was purchased new by a Miami couple who have lavished care on this popular vessel, as "owner operators". She has been docked behind their home and always professionally maintained. A pleasure to show, now docked in Fort Lauderdale.