2014 Nordhavn 120' Expedition
AURORA was built for a very knowledgeable and experienced yacht owner. Prior to building AURORA the owner had completed the build and owned three previous Nordhavns. His interest in creating a bigger and better Nordhavn was apparent in the build process, sparing no expense to produce the perfect 120’ world cruiser. The design, spec detail and quality of build is only found in much larger vessels. AURORA presents the perfect opportunity to purchase a world class yacht, found in faultless condition and ready to cruise any ocean at a moment’s notice.
Starting on the main/aft deck one finds an inviting sitting area with built-in settee and loose chairs. One can enter the vessel through two automated glass doors that open to a foyer with a granite sole and a convenience bar to port which houses a sink, two Sub Zero drawer refrigerators, a Sub Zero icemaker, and glass storage. Past the foyer one enters the salon with settees port and starboard beneath the large window covered by electric blinds. These face matching coffee tables, as well as occasional chairs on each side.
Moving forward to port is the formal dining area with seating for up to ten people on custom upholstered dining chairs. Forward of this is a butler’s counter with storage for china, silverware & glassware.
Further forward to port is the large galley which features a complete compliment of appliances, custom granite floor, counters and backsplash, a large island for prep work and plating, and beautiful cherry woodwork throughout. The two dishwashers in the galley are commercial that can do a complete wash cycle in a few minutes.
Opposite the dining to starboard is the formal entrance. This area has a well-appointed day head and offers access to the impressive full beam on-deck master stateroom. As you enter there is a seating area with two barrel chairs, a TV and ample storage. Past the seating area, is a centerline king bed with drawer storage below, a vanity to starboard, built in settee to port, two walk-in closets and separate his and her bathrooms which feature custom stonework and heated floors.
Moving down from the staircase forward of the salon is a beautiful foyer with granite floors, two Sub Zero refrigerators, and entry to two of the four guest staterooms. Both of these staterooms feature king sized beds, full entertainment systems and en suite heads. The port head features a tub/shower combination, while the starboard head has a walk in shower.
AURORA offers an exceptional split layout for the guest staterooms, making for additional comfort and privacy. Aft and starboard of the salon is a staircase that leads down to the aft VIP with king berth and en suite as well as a twin cabin with en suite. Both cabins have ample storage, entertainment and all the amenities. Going forward one will find another private staircase leading down to the two VIPs with king berths, en suite, hanging lockers, ample storage and full entertainment.
From the aft landing area between the staterooms is a passageway giving you access to the laundry center, ample storage, additional refrigeration, engine room and lazzarette.
The huge pilothouse offers a commanding view and features a full array of electronics, a spacious settee, navigation table and custom woodwork throughout.
A centerline companionway aft leads to a well-appointed Captain’s stateroom which features full sized berth, en suite bath, hanging locker, ample storage and an office.
Further aft is the large sky lounge which often serves as the main lounging area and features an L-shaped settee and coffee table to starboard, and a game table with four chairs to port, as well as a large walk-up bar with full refrigeration, icemaker and sink. On the forward bulkhead in the sky lounge is an 80” TV, perfect for watching a movie from the huge selection, your favorite TV show or sporting event.
Continuing aft through the stainless doors there is a custom built-in seating area to starboard, complemented by a coffee table and loose teak furniture including chaise lounges. This area has built in glass wind blocks to both port and starboard.
Moving up yet another level brings you to the top deck, which features amazing views from the nearly 360 degree windows. On this deck you’ll find a second helm station forward, an L -shaped settee to port and a large galley/bar with built-in bar stools aft. This area features an electric grill, refrigerator and icemaker.
One can make their way from the top deck to the main deck on an external staircase to port. Stopping on the upper deck one can take the full walk-around to the pilothouse and Portuguese Bridge and bow area. Going down one more level to the main deck one arrives back to the large aft deck with stairs on either side giving access to the swim platform and the in-water entertainment.
The crew quarter's are accessed via a staircase from the galley. The forward crew cabins have over/under berths with ensuite heads. Aft to port is an additional crew cabin with a double berth and ensuite head. The crew lounge is to starboard with a large settee with table and abundant storage and a large TV with Bose Surround Sound. The crew galley has Sub Zero drawer refrigeration, a Miele convection oven and Miele laundry center. There is access from the crew area to the forward guest staterooms.
- 2 x MTU 8V 2000 M72 with ZF Marine Gears
- Speed: Max: 13 kts. / Cruising: 11 kts.
- 2 x Onan 99QD, 99kW 120/208 volt 3 phase generator
- 2 x 100 amp shore cords for shore power
- 75 KVA Atlas Frequency converter
- 2 x Onan 99QD, 65kw 120/208 volt 3 phase generator
- Port: 1490 hrs. / Starboard: 1945 hrs., as of 6/2016
- Port Aft: Onan 40KW with 960 hrs., as of 6/2016
- 2 x 100 amp shore cords
- 75KVA Atlas Frequency converter
AURORA features a Kabola KB75 diesel fired furnace heating system centrally located in the engine room. This system is a secondary method of heating the recirculating fluid that is there for the HVAC system to generate heat throughout the vessel. The Dometic and Kabola systems are integrated and you choose Dometic for heat/cool or Kabola for heat. These systems keeps the interior warm and comfortable allowing the yacht to travel to colder regions with a more reliable and efficient heating alternative.
A Dometic Marine Environmental Cruiseair HVAC system is installed to serve the interior spaces with a capacity of 384,000 BTU's providing plenty of air conditioning while cruising warmer destinations.
- ABT stabilizer, 5 Trac Star system stabilization at rest
- Trac 20" 100 hp bow and stern thruster
- Kobelt hydraulic steering systems
- Alfa Laval MIB303 fuel polishing system
- Hamann AG black water treatment center
- 2 x Headhunter fresh water pumps, 1200 gallons each
- Lube Oil Capacity: 250 gallons
- Waster Oil Capacity: 250 gallons
- 2 x FCI watermakers 1800 gpd
- FarSounder Realtime 3D Forward Looking Sonar incorporated into the bulbous bow
- 5x Furuno 19" Glass bridge displays
- 2x Furuno Navnet 3D Black box processors
- 2x Furuno 25 kw radar's with 8' Commercial open array antennas
- Furuno Ultrasonic Weather Station
- Furuno Wind Package
- Furuno Sat compass with display
- Furuno FA-150 Class A AIS
- Furuno FCV 1150 depth sounder
- Furuno GP150 GPS
- Furuno BBWX2 - Satellite weather
- Simrad AP50 autopilot with remote
- 2x Furuno DSC VHF radios
- Furuno SSB radio
- Furuno Navtex receiver with printer
- Furuno Inmarsat standard C Satcom system
- Iridium 9555 Sat phone (secondary)
- KVH HDII Sat TV system
- Seatel V-Sat dish
- GSM cellular phone system
Audio & Visual Equipment
- Kalidescape Movie server AV system
- CCTV camera system with tilt and zoom, six access screens throughout the boat
- Equipped with all Samsung flat screen T.V.'s
- Bose surround sound thoughtout
Galley and Laundry
Main Galley Equipment
- Sub Zero refrigertor/ freezer with four freezer drawers below
- Miele double oven
- Miele stove top
- Miele grill
- Miele convection/microwave oven
- 2x Miele commercial dishwashers
- Vulcan warmer
- Kitchen aid compactor
- 2x Stainless steel sinks
- Granite countertops and flooring
- Sub Zero refrigerator drawers
- Miele convection oven
- Miele washer and dryer
- 3x Miele stacked washer/dryer
Tenders and Toys
- Nautica 19' Express tender with Yamaha outboard, 130 hp
- Nautica 12' Sport tender with Yamaha outboard, 40 hp
- Brownies Hookah diving system
Deck and Hull
- 2x Maxwell VWC 11,000 hydraulic windlasses with controls in pilothouse and on foredeck
- 2x Maxwell VC4000 mooring capstans at the stern
- 2x 506 lb. Aritex stainless steel anchors
- 2x anchor/chain washes
- 2x 400' Anchor chain
- Opacmare passerelle, hydraulically operated
- Marquipt sea stairs for side boarding from dock
- 2x Glendinning Cablemaster reels
- Opacmare 3,500 lb. centerline crane, extendable to 20' for launch port and starboard
- Bridge wing controls (port and starboard) with engine, bow and stern thruster, rudder controls, horn and start/stop buttons
- Kahlenberg KA2000 air horn system
- Power rotating mast and SAT domes for additional vertical clearance
- Alexseal paint - complete boat
Security, Fire Fighting & Safety Equipment
Fire Fighting Equipment
- Seafire engine room fixed fire extinguishing system
- Seafire Lazarette fixed fire extinguishing systerm
- Portable fire extinguishers, dry powder and CO2
- Fire axe
- 5x Fire stations located throughout vessel
- 2x Switlik 15-person life rafts
- 4x Life rings