1988 Bertram 50 Convertible
The Bertram 50 Convertible is built on a rugged deep-V hull, with superb sea keeping and handling qualities that are legendary. Rum Monkey is a great performer, with her unique twin 800 HP. Caterpillar 3406 Engines
At 9 knots she will have a range of +_ 1000 miles, or 475 miles at 22 knots.
This vessel has a spacious two-stateroom, galley-down interior. Her enormous main salon has a large flat screen TV on the starboard side and a wrap around settee with ample storage beneath.
Rum Monkey also has full custom Tuna tower.
Her hull has a new coat of paint that was applied in March of 2016, during this yard period tnew bottom paint was also applied. She is ready to go fishing
Seller will consider smaller express vessel as a trade.
- Large salon with a blue leatherette couch, storage under the settee.
- Carpet replaced in 2013.
- Central vacuum system.
- KVH Sat TV controls - currently not operational as vessel is out of service area.
- Large glass / stainless coffee table.
- Cruiseair A/C.
- Enclosed rod storage overhead.
- Rotary dial safe located in port cabinet above couch.
- Dark window tint replaced on all windows and door 2011
- Cabinet in main salon has been converted into an entertainment center with a Samsung 42" LED flatscreen TV (2013)
- Sought after galley down layout, that is located down and to the right of the salon. The counter tops have a solid surface black quartz that were replaced in the summer of 2012.
- Microwave/Convection Oven (replaced in 2012)
- Two burner cook top (replaced in 2012)
- Kenmore side by side fridge/freezer (replaced in 2009)
- Stainless sink
- Separate washer/dryer : Washer located beneath gallery counter : Dryer beneath pantry
- Coffee Maker
- Faux teak flooring (replaced in 2012)
- Located forward to port with a queen-size berth with an en-suite head with shower stall, wash basin and Galley Maid electric head.
- Counter tops replaced in 2012
- 19' Polaroid Flat panel with Apple TC receiver.
- Two hanging lockers.
- Four hullside storage
- Six Drawers
- AC/DC lighting
- Digital air conditioning control
- Large deck hatch over aft end of berth with sliding screen
- LonSeal flooring with a light wood finish.
- Two single beds , with an en-suite head with shower stall, wash basin and galley maid electric head.
- Counter tops replaced in 2012
- Digital air conditioning control.
- One hanging locker
- Five Drawers
- One under bunk storage
- One large overhead storage
- AC/DC lighting
- LonSeal Flooring in a light wood finish
- Huge cockpit with fish box and live well.
- Murray Brothers fighting chair.
- Engine room access.
- Overhead LED lights that can change from blue to white.
- Large transom door.
- Retractable cockpit half cover replaced in 2011
Electronics and Navigation
- One of the best electronic packages available on a Bertram of this vintage, entire dashboard was re-glassed and painted with Awlgrip. The electronics was reinstalled professionally.
- Raymarine E120 Sounder, GPS, Radar package (2009).
- Raymarine C120W Plotter (2011).
- Raymarine C90W Plotter (2011).
- Two Raymarine 55VHF Radios (2011).
- Engine room camera.
- Richie compass.
- Northstar 952X GPS
- Digitally controlled and analogue CAT engine gauge clusters
- Fusion marine stereo head unit with internal I-Pod/I-phone dock. Remote installed in cockpit above live well.
- Full JL Audio stereo on bridge and in cockpit (2011)
- New SIMRAD autopilot (July 2016)
- Caterpillar 20 KW generator stud forward of main engines.
- 24/12V Dc Batteries located aft of engines. New batteries June 2011
- 50 Amp shore cord.
- 12V and 24V Marine battery Chargers.
- 12V and 24V Engine alternators
Bridge and Tower
- Full custom Tuna tower with buggy top.
- Rupp triple spreader outriggers.
- Rupp Center rigger.
- (Six) Flybridge rod holders.
- (Four) Tower rod holders
- (Four) Gunwale rod holders
- Overhead Radio box
- Caterpillar 3406E Engines installed in 2001 -- All CAT updates have been completed.
- Dripless PSS Shaft Seals.
- 2.5 inch stainless Shafts.
- DynaQuad Michigan Wheel props, Nibral.
- Factory 3 bladed props stored under salon couch.
- All batteries replaced in June 2011.
- 30 gallon GE hot water heater.
- Air compressor.
- new cutlass bearings (July 2016)
- new rudder bearings and seals (July 2016)
- engine intakes reconditioned. New ball valves. (July 2016)
- Engines serviced (July 2016)
- New freshwater Pump, accumulator tank and hot water heater. (July 2016)
- The name RUM Monkey is reserved.
- Owners personal effects and all items not specifically listed in this listing.
Hull side and Bottom
Fresh Awl-grip March 2016
Fresh Bottom paint and Zincs (July 2016)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.